Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Arrow Complete - Box, Hat, Boots, Bow, Quiver UK Only, Please!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallen121
    • Dec 10, 2010

Green Arrow Complete - Box, Hat, Boots, Bow, Quiver UK Only, Please!

I bought this little guy as a kid living in Hong Kong in 1973. The box is original but one of the ends flaps has come loose.

Thing is, I would really prefer to sell the a UK buyer. I've had too many problems sending stuff to the US, where it has been tied up in customs forever and also having paid a bundle for tracking, the tracking STOPS as soon as it leaves the UK.

Yes, I could stick it on eBay UK. But that 10% really sticks in my craw. Especially the 10% on shipping. I would rather give someone on here a 10% discount.

A mint condition one of these with a broken bow recently made $299 on eBay. That's about £190. I was thinking maybe £125 for mine. That's more than a 10% discount. I think that is pretty reasonable considering the box.

Any UK buyers on here who actually know who this little fella is?
    Last edited by fallen121; Nov 30, '14, 6:04 PM.
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

do you have pictures o the front of
    box?

thx

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Do you have an email address? Not possible to send you a PM.
      You could send me a PM with it. I am in the UK and would like to make you an offer. Thanks.

Comment

• fallen121
        • Dec 10, 2010

Hello everyone and apologies for not having responded.

I changed my email address and for some reason got locked out. But my account has now been restored by Admin.

Jetjungle, I will send you a PM with my email address now.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

So your only selling to UK folks, okay fine, got something against the folks here in the colonies?
          still upset with George Washington? Of course I'm only kidding, and I do not blame you one bit
          about wanting to avoid the customs problems and yes your right about tracking ending as soon
          as it leaves the country, you would think the post offices would come up with something for that.

Your GA looks in really nice condition, I want to visit the UK sometime soon, they have non stop
          flights from Boston to London and now they play a couple of NFL games there every year too,
          It's a very beautiful country and I hopefully will get a chance to visit there someday.

I really was kidding about not wanting to sell to US, please don't take that personally, I've done some
          museum card trades with UK folks and never had any problems.
          Take care.

Comment

• fallen121
            • Dec 10, 2010

I would sell to the colonies in a heartbeat - much bigger market! In fact sold a batman and a superman some years ago. Both went airmail with this "tracking" that mysteriously stops as soon as it leaves the UK (the Royal Mail say its because the packages transfer to another postal administration so they have no control over their policies as regards scanning barcodes). The other thing is that they promise a deliver time of 5-7 days but that is just to the US, not to the recipient's door.

Anyhow, batman caused no end of angst because he was caught up in customs for 3 weeks and the buyer was emailing every day screaming at me demanding to know where he was and all the tracking would tell me was that it had arrived at customs. The tracking totally stopped after that. Every day I worried that it was lost and I would be hit with a Paypal chargeback and be out the money and the figure. In the end I ended up with neutral feedback on eBay where I was blamed for the postal delays I had no control over and I vowed after all the grief I would no way ever do that again.

I found a courier that would ship to the US fully tracked for $55. But what buyer is going to pay that? You could just find a Green Arrow in your own country for $50 more, save yourself the angst of waiting and be $5 better off. Plus your Green Arrow would be in loads better shape for that price!

Postal prices have killed international sales stone dead. I had a pair of very rare ski boots that a collector in MN offered me $120 for. But when I asked for $55 shipping he stopped answering my emails. No-one in the UK wants the ski boots, there is no market for them, so they are still sitting on the shelf.

Years ago I used to sell a lot to the US. But postal charges have been hiked so much both sides of the Pond that it is now no longer worth it.
            Last edited by fallen121; Dec 3, '14, 2:42 AM.

Comment

• fallen121
              • Dec 10, 2010

scoth70 who is wondering if the insert is original - yes, it is. Everything is. I have owned this since I was a kid.

Yes, I am aware of Dr Mego and the people who make replica boxes and people who sell inserts from broken up boxes and such on eBay. But I don't have the money for the postal costs and import duties of sourcing from abroad - hence why I am selling. Also if I was going to replace the insert then I would go the whole hog and just get an entire replica box, not replace an insert on a box where the flap has come away.

Green Arrow is a sentimental reminder of my childhood but I would rather he went to a real collector who will properly display and maintain him.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

not sure if this would help you but here goes ,
                ive been recently buying from a seller in the usa and they use this service ,i bought these items friday and they were delivered yesterday ,tuesday for just less than $13 ,
                P
                Tracking Number: LZ322748345US
                Image of a progress bar displaying In Transit status delivered
                Product & Tracking Information
                Postal Product:
                First-Class Package International Service
                Features:
                Delivery Confirmation International
                DATE & TIME
                STATUS OF ITEM
                Delivered
                UNITED KINGDOM
                Your item was delivered in UNITED KINGDOM at 10:28 am on December 2, 2014.
                December 1, 2014 , 6:27 pm
                Processed Through Sort Facility
                UNITED KINGDOM
                December 1, 2014 , 12:03 pm
                Departed
                London, UNITED KINGDOM
                November 30, 2014 , 5:25 pm
                Departed
                Los Angeles, UNITED STATES
                November 30, 2014 , 11:19 am
                Arrived
                Los Angeles, UNITED STATES
                November 30, 2014 , 4:34 am
                Processed Through Sort Facility
                ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
                November 29, 2014 , 10:17 pm
                Departed USPS Facility
                LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
                November 29, 2014 , 2:54 pm
                Arrived at USPS Facility
                LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
                November 29, 2014 , 2:54 pm
                Arrived at Sort Facility
                ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
                November 29, 2014 , 5:11 am
                Departed USPS Facility
                PHOENIX, AZ 85043
                November 29, 2014 , 12:32 am
                Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
                PHOENIX, AZ 85043
                November 28, 2014 , 11:17 pm
                Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
                PHOENIX, AZ 85032
                November 28, 2014
                Pre-Shipment Info

they were fully trackable as you can see ,here the uk royal mail tracking info for the same items under the usa tracking number ,when your uk sent item bound for the usa item hits the usa you can then track it via the usps website and the royal mail website will only show the status after its been delivered ,but the usps should show all stages of its delivery progress through the mail system ,which you can share with your buyer

Your tracked items details
                Reference number: LZ322748345US
                Date Time Status Track point
                02/12/14 10:28 DELIVERED02/12/14 CREWE PDO
                02/12/14 06:43 RECEIVED ATCREWE PDO CREWE PDO
                02/12/14 06:38 ON DELIVERY CREWE PDO
                02/12/14 04:04 DESPATCHABLE TOCREWE PDO WARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE
                02/12/14 03:18 RECEIVED ATWARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE WARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE
                01/12/14 18:27 DESPATCHABLE TOWARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC

heres my last order and the service they used Status: Shipped
                Order Number: 37623
                Order Date: 11/27/2014 5:19 PM
                Shipping Method: USPS First Class Mail International Parcel
                Tracking Number(s): LZ322748345US

so if you ask for the same equivalent service from the uk you should in theory and my recent experience of the service be ok ,hope this helps and green arrow finds a new home soon
                cheers chris

Comment

• daz71
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2014

i got one to u.k from u.s. the same arrived in 7 days fully tracked from usps tracking.

Comment

• Relic
                    Banned
                    • Jun 24, 2012

Why does it take 14 to 21 days for a package to arrive in Canada from the USA ?

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                      Permanent Member
                      • Mar 7, 2011

Customs!!!

Comment

• skullface
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 29, 2012

I was going to send a guitar pick from the US to Canada for an ebay buyer....ebay was going to charge him $40 bucks for their shipping ....I sent it outside of ebay for about $4. Shipping to other places outside of the US has become a major pain and cut my ebay sales about 40%

Comment

• fallen121
                          • Dec 10, 2010

I think the real bugbear for me regarding international sales is the uncertainty about the amount of time the item spends in Customs, during which time the tracking is fairly useless because it doesn't update. Sometimes it can be a week to ten days or more. Not sure if I can take another buyer screaming at me "WHERE IS MY PARCEL?" and not being able to tell them anything or do anything about it. Items seem to take a lot longer to go through Customs going to the US than coming back the other way.

I've priced a tracked and signed service to the USA and reckon it would cost £14.95 (including additional insurance as Green Arrow is worth more than £50) which is about $24. But if I sell via an auction eBay will cream off 10% of that shipping cost as well as 10% of the final hammer price. Don't mind the hammer price commission, but charging 10% on what is a cost of sale is just plain wrong. And of course Paypal will take their cut plus an international conversion charge on top. So realistically, I would have to charge about $28 just to cover my charges on shipping costs which is just plain crazy.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Would UPS be better to use for shipping items from the UK, Canada, US, etc ? Seems we're all talking about
                            the post office USPS, but has anyone tried or looked into UPS, they are world wide too.

Or is it all the same regardless of how it's sent? Just curious. Never used UPS to send anything, always
                            used the post office.

Comment

• fallen121
                              • Dec 10, 2010

Ok I priced UPS from UK to the USA with no signature and a declared value of £100 and it came out at £77.51 for UPS Express Saver. This price does NOT include any signature on delivery, I pared it down to the bare minimum. Although the weight was way under 1Kg I got quoted the minimum which is under 1.5Kg.

No Customs snarl ups and the buyer could have it in their hands in 3 days. Plus no agonising. But £77.51 is $121.58. I REALLY can't see anyone paying that, can you?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎