X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Tarzan

Any news on Tarzan shipping soon? Are there going to be any year end surprises? Perhaps Comm. Gordon was the surprise. I like figure but the head I received was covered in some type of glue to hold the glasses on. I am really looking forward to Tarzan.
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

early december supposedly.i bundled my superman and conan sets with tarzan so looking forward to those coming.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

I'm really looking forward to Tarzan and Korak!

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Looking forward to them, as well. Tarzan was always an odd addition to the original line, but I liked him (grew up on the old Tarzan movies). I've got an extra of both Korak and Jane pre-ordered (a new Mego head in scale with Korak; good chance I'll wind up getting another just because of that). Probably transplant Tarzan onto a Mego body to give him a little scale up and ditch the bodysuit, but keeping him just like the original is tempting, goofy skin suit and all.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Looking forward to them, as well. Tarzan was always an odd addition to the original line, but I liked him (grew up on the old Tarzan movies). I've got an extra of both Korak and Jane pre-ordered (a new Mego head in proper scale with Korak; good chance I'll wind up getting another just because of that). Probably transplant Tarzan onto a Mego body to give him a little scale up and ditch the bodysuit, but keeping him just like the original is tempting, goofy skin suit and all.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

Also looking forward to these Tarzan figures ,and whats interesting to me is that 40 years ago at this time of the year my two brothers and i (very close
            in age) went to Lloyd center mall (port Ore) at J.C Penny .I bought my first hero Shazam ,My brother bought Tarzan ,and another brother bought Capt America.(still have Shazam & Tarzan ,Capt got lost in a field .) and now I get to get Tarzan ,i got Fist fighting Shazam ,and Capt by emce will be out in a few months again-
            Mego history repeats itself ,Thanks to FTC & Emce .

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I love the heck out of Mego Tarzan but I kinda hoped that FTC wouldn't do a straight up reproduction on him. Hopefully this line warrants a second wave where they can do a more Conan style take on the character.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• nobody
                banjo!
                • Jan 26, 2012

He would look a lil weird on a Zica body huh.
                Last edited by nobody; Nov 28, '14, 9:59 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Its been fun to see figures like Conan and Tarzan replicated from the Mego era and then expanded with other characters. It will be interesting to see how well those secondary characters sell, but I tip my hat to FTC for being all in with every license they pick up. I often wonder what kind of research, if any, they dig through to determine lines like these. Is it a 100% shot in the dark or is there an industry measure out there that suggests they might be tapping into a larger marketplace?

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

I have a love/hate affair with Tarzan. I grew up with the Filmation series and it remains the only version of the character I like. I absolutely love that cartoon, but I cannot sit through a Tarzan film to save my life.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

my favorite tarzan movie was Greystoke,with christopher lambert,i alos liked the filmation series.i thought it was funny when i was little there was an "r" rated tarzan movie with bo derek.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        I have a love/hate affair with Tarzan. I grew up with the Filmation series and it remains the only version of the character I like. I absolutely love that cartoon, but I cannot sit through a Tarzan film to save my life.
                        Amen Dwayne. I absolutely loved the Filmation cartoon. I thought it's animation was some of the best for it's day. His motion was so fluid swinging through the trees. And the way he would land in various positions was reminiscent of my love for the '67 Spider-man cartoon. Even though allot of that got redundant, it was still a blast to watch. I think the only live interpretation that took hold was the Ron Ely television show. When I was a kid, I use to play Tarzan with a girl who lived across the street from me. She would stand in the back yard and scream, "Tarzan save me!" I would come running as fast as I could and tackle the imaginary lion while she cheered. I have to think those were early stages of foreplay.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I loved the animated series as well, and watched just about all of the cartoons from Filmation back then.

Tarzan and the Super Seven.

Flash Gordon.

Elasticman and Microwoman.

Webwoman.

Manta and Moray.

Loved them all.

I just couldn't stand Jason of Star Command. Sid Haig was great to watch, but the guy who played Jason? ICK!
                          JediJaida

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            Well, you've been spoiled with one of the better adaptations of the character. I HATE the "Me Tarzan, you Jane" stuff, the real Tarzan spoke over a dozen languages!

The Kubert comics really treat the character with respect, as for film, I don't mind the Mike Henry films because his Tarzan is kind of a globe trotting adventurer. The Joe Lara TV show embraced the more fantastical elements of the ERB universe (like Pelucidar) but was marred by a non existant budget.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MysteryWho
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 16, 2008

My mainline for Tarzan as a kid was of course the filmation series, with a Weissmuller or a Gordon Scott thrown in.
                              I agree, the Weissmuller version, while considered the classic film version, is a bit tiresome.
                              I actually just ordered the Gordon Scott films. It was during his era that Tarzan began to resemble the character
                              of the book more closely. I don't recall much about the other guys, except Mike Henry, who was fun.
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎