Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Print Ads for Remco Mini Monsters and Playsets...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigdicebuddha
    • Sep 20, 2012

Looking for Print Ads for Remco Mini Monsters and Playsets...

I've seen some online, specifically Plaid Stallions with a JC Penney one. Can anybody tell me where to look for to find an original print ad, which catalogs specifically to look in, etc...

For instance, what catalog would I have to find to get that JC Penney ad? Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I'm not much specific help, but I remember the mini-monsters from a catalog, and the only catalog like that which my family got back then was the Sears Wishbook. It would have to be for Christmas 1981 or 1982 I'm guessing...
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• bigdicebuddha
      • Sep 20, 2012

Thanks for the heads up. I will look for some scans from those years and see what I can find.

Comment

• bigdicebuddha
        • Sep 20, 2012

In looking through the Plaid Stallions archive, I noticed exactly what I want in the 1981 and 1983 Remco Toy Catalogs. Does anybody have, or are they able to get, high quality scans of these that would be suitable for printing and framing?

1981 Remco Toys Catalog of licensed toys and action figures only on plaidstallions,

Also, why is there not a 1982 Remco Toy Catalog, or am I just missing it?

Basically, I'm very close to completing this line, all MOC and MISB, and I want to make a framed display of the print advertisements to display with it. Thanks for any help anybody can give me.
        Last edited by bigdicebuddha; Nov 2, '14, 9:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎