X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoulSinger
    Singer Of Mego Love
    • Oct 22, 2007

How to Repair a Burned-out Bat Signal

I took my bat signal out after it had been stored away, installed new batteries, pressed the button, and poof. After being lit for a few seconds, the bulb burned out. Aargh. The thing is sealed, so there's no way to make it light up again, right? Wrong! I cannibalized a flashlight. I drilled a hole in the back of the bat signal so the bulb from the flashlight along with its sheath snapped into the hole. I soldered wires to the contacts and voila! It had new life and I can now replace the bulb any time it burns out if I need to. My Joker mego was next to the bat signal when it was stored. Coincidence? LOL

Bob
  • sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

good to hear your DIY recipe. thanks! and yes, it had to be joker's doing.

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by SoulSinger
      I took my bat signal out after it had been stored away, installed new batteries, pressed the button, and poof. After being lit for a few seconds, the bulb burned out. Aargh. The thing is sealed, so there's no way to make it light up again, right? Wrong! I cannibalized a flashlight. I drilled a hole in the back of the bat signal so the bulb from the flashlight along with its sheath snapped into the hole. I soldered wires to the contacts and voila! It had new life and I can now replace the bulb any time it burns out if I need to. My Joker mego was next to the bat signal when it was stored. Coincidence? LOL

Bob
      You have any pics?
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SoulSinger
        Singer Of Mego Love
        • Oct 22, 2007

I will have pics soon.

Bob

Comment

• SoulSinger
          Singer Of Mego Love
          • Oct 22, 2007

Originally posted by SoulSinger

Bob
          Photo: http://www.geocities.com/bobbaader/bs.JPG It isn't pretty but it works!
          Last edited by SoulSinger; Mar 25, '08, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎