Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colf72
    • Feb 21, 2008

Gorn again

Just a side note on the EMCE Gorn debate. Anyone who says that the old Mego Gorn's are a dime a dozen and readily had is crazy. I have been outbid on about 5 of them on that evil machine we call e-bay. My high bid on this last one was $50 for a loose figure. Now to me this is a lot, especially for a used figure. I find this especially odd since the majority of people hate this figure. All that being said do you think that news that EMCE will not be producing the (for want of a better term) classic Mego Gorn is driving up the price?

I've got an old Gorn but the body is shot making the arms stick straight out. I've got a new body but I honestly can't see switching out the arms just to keep the ape hands. I don't know what to do with the parts I have. Add to that that the klingon/gorn pants don't hold up too well in the elastic wasteband dept and all I can say is I really wish we were getting an old school gorn in addition to the brady gorn.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Get an ape body, switch heads and get yourself a Klingon (they're cheap) and switch suits and you got yourself a Gorn for under $50
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Oh, and I just checked the completed listings: in the last 4 days 5 loose Gorns were sold for $29.36, $32, $41, 34.99 and $51. One didn't sell with a BIN of $44.99. So they can definitely be had for less than $50, apparently you need to look a little harder
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

Get an EMCE Klingon, a EMCE soldier ape when it comes out, and get a repro card. You'll still be under $50.

Lynn

Comment

• raider5gt
          Museum Tree Cutter
          • Nov 25, 2007

I am watching 1 on ebay UK its on £5 at the moment 5 days left,the last 1 i got outbid on went for £17.So they are out there you just got to look or do what Meule or Lynn says

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎