• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Ring of Honor Announces Toy Licensing Deal

Ring of Honor Announces Toy Licensing Deal

Baltimore, MD (October 28, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) and Figures Toy Company today announced a licensing agreement to develop, market and manufacture a line of collectible action figures and accessories based on the wrestlers and world of Ring of Honor Wrestling.

For the first time ever, Ring of Honor fans will be able to collect their favorite ROH wrestlers while younger fans can relive classic ROH matches and moments with some of ROH’s most popular stars now available in toy form. This will include a “throwback” line of figures as well as replica title belts.

“There’s been an overwhelming demand for a line of Ring of Honor figures and collectibles,” states Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff. “Figures Toy Company has exceptional expertise in developing high quality goods. It’s really a fabulous opportunity for Ring of Honor and its fans.”

Ring of Honor will reveal the ROH Series 1 line of action figures exclusively at www.ROHwrestling.com shortly.

About Figures Toy Company:
    Figures Toy Company is a premier manufacturer of officially licensed collectible figures based on the hottest sports and entertainment properties in the world. Figures Toy Company has the rights to Ring of Honor as well as several other global entertainment brands including: KISS, DC Comics, Conan the Barbarian, Dallas, Dukes of Hazzard and Gilligan’s Island among others. For further information, visit www.figurestoycompany.com.

About Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC:
    Ring of Honor Wrestling is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies with affiliations across all the major networks. Sinclair's television group will reach approximately 38.1% of U.S. television households, including pending transactions.

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor
    Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor
    For more information on Ring of Honor, visit: www.ROHwrestling.com.
    Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and every
    week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHwrestling.com.

Follow Figures Toy Company on Twitter: @Figurestoyco
    Like Figures Toy Company on Facebook: Facebook.com/figurestoycompany
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I cant see the Mego body being used for these guys? I think it is too retro for a current line of action figures. I watch ROH every Friday and love the wrestling, and hope this is a successful endeavour for Figures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

no interest in the line, but here's to hoping it leads to a new body type if they are Mego style figures.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

FTC did wrestling figures before I believe,they ar also known as thewrestlingsuperstore dot com.if farrow does the head sculpts they might be decent,they won't be mego type toys

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Interested to see what format these are made in.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Replica wrestling belts were their big seller, so I bet they are happy to be back in the wrestling business!
            I think FTC being profitable is great for the re-mego movement!
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• kerowack
              Career Member
              • Feb 27, 2008

This might be the most niche toy line ever.

Comment

• draconianguard
                #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                • Mar 12, 2004

Originally posted by kerowack
                This might be the most niche toy line ever.
                You got that right. Ring Of Honor went downhill once Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness and Gabe Sapolsky left at around the same time. I don't even know how that promotion even exists at this point.
                Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• Duncan
                  Museum focus-groupie
                  • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by draconianguard
                  You got that right. Ring Of Honor went downhill once Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness and Gabe Sapolsky left at around the same time. I don't even know how that promotion even exists at this point.
                  Actually, they look like they're doing OK. They still have the syndicated TV show, they're touring regularly, and the in-ring action is still superb. I saw them live last year (great fun; looked sold-out) and they'll be back in my area next weekend. Their biggest challenge is probably a lack of big names on the roster (agree they're a niche). Maybe action figures will help them to gain some publicity.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I bet these figures will be Jakks Pacific style, I can't really see them being Mego style.
                    Having said that, I would love Mego wrestling boots.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                      Mego Dork
                      • Nov 9, 2008

I wish them all the best but I too have no connection this troupe or it's stars. I am curious though, and been thinking about this a lot actually in regards to ALL of FTC's Re-Mego lines: How can they afford all of this tooling? Considering volume per piece can only be so high considering the niche nature of this market how and where are they able to do so much?

Comment

• houseofdracula
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 11, 2011

No offense to anyone but I honestly couldn't care less about this line.
                        The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                        https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

I have no interest in Wrestling figures, but I did look it up and some of the characters could be GREAT for customs if they do them as Mego figures! I'm always on the lookout for new head sculpts that can be repurposed!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• JWLJN
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 7, 2013

My immediate thought is that they're looking for a way to get rid of all the wrestling accessories that they produced. They either bought the molds or closely copied the Jakks wrestling accessories, hence the breakaway tables with that West and Ward set.

I'm interested to see who will be in their retro figures as well. Many actual wrestling legends did appearances for ROH in their earlier years. As long as they aren't tied up in WWE deals (and many are) it might not be a bad idea to throw a few in.

-J\/\/
                            http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

I totally forgot Figures has a whole other website devoted to wrestling merchandise. I don't think it will directly affect or impact the Re-Mego movement.
                              We specialize in WWE & AEW wrestling action figure accessories as well as licensed retro clothed action figures based upon DC Comics, Scooby Doo & More!

I think it is a positive move to be making toys for a current wrestling organization. Best of luck to them!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎