X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Rocky Horror

If you want to throw out things that would be perfect for Mego, but highly unlikely, how about the Rocky Horror Picture Show???

One big playset done to look like pink tile in 2 levels with an elevator. Don't forget Rocky's creature creation area and the ice box for Meatloaf.

JeffBearCO
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

I have wanted to try my hand at custom megos beyond just playing dress up to make more EMCE Trek crew members. Just started my EMCE Custom female MUGATO (Need tailoring & she's Done!) & have had plans & recipes for custom EMCE//mego female: Klingons, Romulans, Gorns, Keepers, Cheron, Andorians & Orion n Slave girls....but the list of custom parts/bodies/heads are PRICEY!

But OT, my next venture was either going to be Mego Customs from "The ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW" main cast (I played Brad in the last play I was in some years back!) or wait 4 it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    .......just 4 the LOLs.....Custom Mego........GOLDEN GIRLS! I KNOW, I'm CRAZY AND Dorky! I'm CRorky! (Yep...just made that up, crorky isn't a real thing.....he's the boy from the early 90s show "Life Goes On".....Oh wait, that was CORKY! Corky Thatcher.....Good Times!
    Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 27, '14, 9:08 PM.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

My kids would love it if they did the Wiggles, they would be very easy to do and could sell great.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• firestarcomics
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 19, 2014

Wasn't there a toy company who promised a toyline for Rocky Horror a couples of years ago???? What happened to that?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

NECA announced them in 2010, but based on an interview I heard recently, they weren't able to get them approved from the license holders for some unknown reason. I can't see any reason why, there are pics of the protos online and they look great.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• dee T.
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 25, 2012

Rocky Horror figures would be a very cool set to have. I would totally love for this to happen with this license.
            Clothes make the doll

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

Flattworld made prototypes back in the day.
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

Pass on this one.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                  Flattworld made prototypes back in the day.
                  I'd like to see those. I can't remember if I've seen them before.
                  Last edited by LonnieFisher; Oct 30, '14, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Me too! Anyone have pics of the protos from NECA &/or FLATTWorld? i could google it, but it would be nice to see them. W/ the available parts on the different re-mego/mego websites, I had a hard time figuring out what to use for each character. I knew I was going to have to learn to paint Mego/CTVT faces if I ever wanted my favs done as customs. I didn't know the scale of CTVT Space 1999 SANDRA BENES, I was hoping to repaint her as a personal favorite COLUMBIA. The good news is, w/ CTVT's new Invisible Girl heads w/ various rooted hair colors, the red hared IG Head would replace my original idea of re-rooting & painting a CTVT Kelly Bundy head for MAGENTA. I did 1 re-root & the scalp split so it remains unfinished for 3-4 years now. It was a Mego Mary Ellen head re-rooted w/ thick black hair w/ a Mego-Flip until I got to the scalp & it deteriorated completely....thus my Mego/EMCE custom Female Klingon is in limbo until I sew it up or something.

Off Topic.......

Customizers, I have looked for years & have never found a comprehensive list (w/ or w/out pics) of what CTVT FEMALE HEADS are like scale/size wise w/ existing Mego/Emce female heads. (ex. CTVT's female heads scale/size vs. Mego: WOZ, Waltons, Lt. Uhura, Super Gals, Invisible Girl, ect.)

I've always heard Kelly Bundy was HUGE & possibly MAYA was BIG headed too, but are they around the size w/ Mego's/Emce's Lt. Uhura Heads, which are larger than I like, but I would like the female heads to be close in size for any amateur customizing I may try?

Thanks, &

OT: "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" has a pretty wild & loyal Cult following, & I bet the NECA "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" figures would of sold well for a niche line like that. Especially if they got all the main cast: Frank N. Furter, Brad, Janet, Columbia, Magenta, Riff Raff, Rocky & Meatloaf's Eddie on the fat body.

Now that I think about it, was NECA's prototype just of Frank N Furter in his Transexual Transvestite from Transylvania lingerie garb? I think I remember that now & was excited. Too bad the licenser's didn't approve the figures. They would be fun & in some cities like New Orleans they always have Rocky Horror showings w/ the movie playing & w/ the actor's on stage, & those places could of sold these figures to the more devoted fans of the cult film!
                    Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 31, '14, 1:01 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Nearly all of the new female CTVT heads are big. NOT as big as the Kelly Bundy, or Maya heads, but still larger than a Dinah head.

The one Maya figure I got, the head kept falling off of the neck post, and her boots disintegrated the minute I took them off, so I simply put her away.

It's too bad too, the sculpt is excellent and the paint job is very nicely done.

The IG heads suffer from only one other detriment besides the size; the eyes are too light. They make me think of the actress, Meg Foster, who had the lightest blue eyes I've ever seen. They're very striking, but on the IG heads, it makes them look like they are one step away from becoming vampires, succubi or zombies. Well, okay, they have one other in that the hairline is too far back, which makes her forehead seem GINORMOUS.

But other than that, the sculpt is fine.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

Here's a small pic...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by boss
                          Here's a small pic...

Hey Boss is that a custom you made? I LOVE it & by far that would be the most popular Rocky Horror figure/character in any potential line! Who wouldn't want A "Sweer Transvestite, from Transsexual Transylvania"???? Well, if they're a FAN (therefore a FUN FAB FREAK) of this CRAZY Cult classic!

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

No. It's the Flattworld prototype.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

I have never seen Rocky Horror all the way through; it just never really appealed to me.

But seeing THIS is making me wonder what I've missed out on.

This is a nice prototype of the Dr. Frankenfurter character. Looks just like him, if a little on the pale side, but wasn't he wearing a ton of pancake makeup anyway?

The outfit is great, and I adore that cape!
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎