Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSupergirl
    • Jul 21, 2014

Female body for Supergirl, I need help

I need some help. I have the FTC Supergirl figure. I bought some of Dr. Mego's red boots to put on her, but I can't get the boot all the way on her left leg. I think the ankle is bending too far back. Where can I get a good replacement body for Supergirl? I tried the 8 inch store, but they're sold out and Dr. Mego only has 20 bodies for the female for $100. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Try gently heating the boot with a hair dryer. When its warm, it will be more piable. That might help.
    JediJaida

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I had the same issue. I took the zip tie that was used on the FTC package and ran it into the boot first. Then I ran the foot into the boot. I pulled the zip tie out once the foot was around the corner and slid the boot on the rest of the way. That way it did not crease or trap the FTC zip tie.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
        • Jul 21, 2014

Jeffbearco, thanks! That did the trick!

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

Had the same issue. The foot can almost point straight down and then it goes into the heal of the boot and won't make the turn. I had to try a few times and kind of gently bend the boot a little to get it on correctly.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO! Dr. Mego doesn't have Female white bodies for $6.00 ea. anymore! I need them specifically for my customEMCE Star Trek females. I need 4-5, not 20! Damn!

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

That's weird. I was just at Doc's site, and they are listed singly for $6.00 a piece.
              JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

just checked and there they are for 6 bucks. I don't see a twenty body option at all.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
                  • Jul 21, 2014

What is the Yvonne body and where can I get it? Is it any good? I finally found the Doc Mego body for $6.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

The Yvonne body was created by Craig over at ZICA. She is the same height as the Mego gals, but her articulation is better, she has no rubber bands AT ALL!, and she is one of the most poseable dolls out there. She's a bit hit with the model horse community from what I've seen.

Craig said in the ZICA section that he is expecting a new batch of Yvonne's soon. The price is reasonable, and you won't be disappointed. You just have to wait a bit.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

Haven't had to do this in awhile but if you want the genuine article look for incomplete or weathered Dinah Mites. I've gotten them for as little as $10.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

It's a bit more radical, but to get the red boots on my Wonder Woman, I actualy cut the footie off the bottom of the body suit and wrapped a piece of tape around it at the ankle. It made it a lot easier to slip the boots on, but it does mean you don't have the option of displaying her without them.

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
                          • Jul 21, 2014

Thanks for the help, everyone! You all are great!!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎