Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Got the new molded gloves and boots in, love them

Can't figure out how to post pictures but if you have a regular Robin you must get the green gloves. A night and day difference in the look of the figure, makes him look 100% better. The gloves and boots also improve the regular Batman's look greatly.

Very happy with these, hope FTC starts using them when it makes sense on the new figures.

EDIT: Hope the pic works IMG_0339.JPG
    Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Oct 19, '14, 12:40 PM.
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

That sounds terrific!

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Very nice. Now all they have to do is come up with the same option for the females!
      JediJaida

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by JediJaida
        Very nice. Now all they have to do is come up with the same option for the females!
        I hope they do, Batgirl would look amazing with longer boots and yellow molded gloves!

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

I'm confused? I can't see how the x2 FTC WGH's Robin can wear the new "1966" molded green gloves by popping his hands off, BUT how do WGH's Batman where the boots or Superman if that's what the red boots are for? The player can't fig the pics thing (took me awhile) but I'm on his "Ignore List" (Oh the Shame! The Shame. lol) so he won't see this unless it's reposted I think? But even if you cut off the bottoms of Retro Batman/Superman bodysuits, how does the boot fit? Can you just yank the ankles & foot off? I never tried. Those BOOTs & GLOVES from FTC 66 Bats line LOOK GREAT, but they are a little to rubbery/wobbly for me. If you are putting them back on the card or in doll stands they probably display good though. It just the MEGO repro'd WGSH from FTC look right w/ milk bottle black boots & I'd prefer Mr. Fantastic like molded gloves on new offerings (Bats could be New but keep the retro style). I LOVE the detailed rubber molded boots/gloves for Bats 66,

*but for FTC's MEGO WGSH repros (and New characters).... I want Mego w/ cartoon/comic simplicity, not television/reality based gear. That's just for me though! I still would like to see pics

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the Robin pic, Player---it looks fantastic!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by invisiblelad
              I'm confused? I can't see how the x2 FTC WGH's Robin can wear the new "1966" molded green gloves by popping his hands off, BUT how do WGH's Batman where the boots or Superman if that's what the red boots are for? The player can't fig the pics thing (took me awhile) but I'm on his "Ignore List" (Oh the Shame! The Shame. lol) so he won't see this unless it's reposted I think? But even if you cut off the bottoms of Retro Batman/Superman bodysuits, how does the boot fit? Can you just yank the ankles & foot off? I never tried. Those BOOTs & GLOVES from FTC 66 Bats line LOOK GREAT, but they are a little to rubbery/wobbly for me. If you are putting them back on the card or in doll stands they probably display good though. It just the MEGO repro'd WGSH from FTC look right w/ milk bottle black boots & I'd prefer Mr. Fantastic like molded gloves on new offerings (Bats could be New but keep the retro style). I LOVE the detailed rubber molded boots/gloves for Bats 66,

*but for FTC's MEGO WGSH repros (and New characters).... I want Mego w/ cartoon/comic simplicity, not television/reality based gear. That's just for me though! I still would like to see pics
              they come with adapters to use them with the FTC bodies, so they will and do work with them. Same ones used on 66 Batman and Robin, and presumably Batgirl and Catwoman down the road. And honestly, after seeing what they can do with the 66 line I would love for the same detail level brought to the DC heroes in some way.
              Last edited by thunderbolt; Oct 19, '14, 4:19 PM.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                they come with adapters to use them with the FTC bodies, so they will and do work with them. Same ones used on 66 Batman and Robin, and presumably Batgirl and Catwoman down the road. And honestly, after seeing what they can do with the 66 line I would love for the same detail level brought to the DC heroes in some way.
                Yep, I want them to give us a (pretty close) replica of the original DC figures Mego did, then after that update away. I suspect these gloves and boots will make their way to the '70s' Batman and Robin figures that should be out in the next two Batman waves.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  Can't figure out how to post pictures but if you have a regular Robin you must get the green gloves. A night and day difference in the look of the figure, makes him look 100% better. The gloves and boots also improve the regular Batman's look greatly.

Very happy with these, hope FTC starts using them when it makes sense on the new figures.

EDIT: Hope the pic works [ATTACH=CONFIG]12993[/ATTACH]
                  Man, I definitely agree. Those gloves look super sharp on Robin. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

yeah I forgot they had light green now, that does look nifty 4 sure!

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Cool. Gives him a very Comic Action Heroes vibe!

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

BTW once the fist fighters come out you can add these gloves and actually give the fist fighters a FIST, at least on the right hand!

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

I'll take my ReMegos as they were originally made, thank you. (Although I will admit the one fist for the Fist Fighters does sound cool...)

Comment

• megodarryl
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jan 31, 2006

Robin looks dynamite! Do you have a pic of Batman?

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

Very nice! Looks better than the oven mitts for sure, although I will always have a place in my heart for the oven mitts! I would like to see FTC do the boots with a flat top instead of the point. Perhaps down the line they will.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎