X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Introducing ... Kaptain Polska

Martytoy is proud to invite you to thrill to the adventures of Poland's Favourite Son. Dock worker and union steward by day, avenger of the oppressed by night (except Tues which is Dart Night at the Legion) ... Kaptain Polska!

Kaptain Polska Shirt.jpg

Kaptain Polska is an original concept character I have come up with. Okay, not that original. He is definitely inspired by and a satire of Captain Canuck & Captain America. Not sure where I'll be going with this or how far but it should be fun.

20141013_173756.jpg

Initially 13 action figures have been produced in a LIMITED FIRST EDITION run. Mostly a kitbash due to low production run cost and the fact that the general buyer that I am targeting doesn't appreciate a cast and hand painted custom head. Looking to the Polish community to buy the majority of the figures in future runs as a conversational piece.

- Whereas I see a custom sculpted, hand cast, and lovingly hand painted head as a work of art the general public is looking for a "squishy" professional head so I selected one that looks Polish.
    - Costume was designed my me taking graphics from the Polish national flag. The initial run of suits was printed up for me by our own lovable Austin (megowgsh)
    - I'm sure you folks will recognize the boots, belt and gloves.
    - Custom card by me with the AJ graphics redrawn and pumped thru various CorelDraw effects (note that the back of the card is not 100% finished

Mego FTC Card Front Kaptain Polska.jpg

Mego FTC Card Back Kaptain Polska.jpg

Not surprisingly the initial edition has gotten a lot of interest from friends and family and might be sold out before I even offer them up for sale. But family or not it is definitely First Paypal First Served! Figure 1 of 13 is spoken for (Hi Mom!!) as well as one random figure was requested by a Mr. P. Hancock from the UK.

Price will be $65 each for Museum members not including shipping. At toy shows and for cousins I'll have it priced for $75.

T-Shirts are available from Red Bubble. A bit more expensive but custom printed so no minimum quantities, your choice of shirt style and colour.

For details and random silliness head on over to http://www.kaptainpolska.com

Thanks for looking.

- Marty

NOTE: All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental or a work of satire
    Last edited by ubermanx; Oct 19, '14, 11:24 AM.
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Looks like I picked a bad day to post this. I should have looked through today's posts and seen the news about John. So very sorry to hear about his passing. My condolences to his family.

- Marty

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Very nice, Marty! The printed suit is sharp! I should have my Polish co-workers have a look.

Comment

• Evel KMego
        Museum Daredevil
        • Apr 26, 2006

Well, I like it. Looks cool. Well done.

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

That is a great figure Marty!!!
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• ubermanx
            Career Member
            • Jul 3, 2013

Hey there folks!

Just a quick update, I still have a few Kaptain Polska figures left. Only 13 made in a numbered limited series. Figure, double sided backing card and camshell.

With the dropping Canadian dollar I can now offer these to our American friends for $65 SHIPPED anywhere in the CONUS. Get yours today

20141013_173918(0).jpg

- Marty

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Surprised these are still available!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢