X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

Fixes for the new CTVT body

I was going to use the new caucasian body($7.00 Made in China), after restringing it (by the Dr. Cyclops method).
    I moved the arms up, and they started to sink into the chest, just like some of the old 'Made in India' bodies.
    So I cut the cord inside and restrung it again, but I replaced the upper arms, with Mego biceps.
    They don't suck inside the shoulder hole anymore.
    Also, I replaced the pelvis with a Mego blue one. This makes it a little taller.
    The CTVT Chest sits lower in it's own pelvis, and that would explain why the belts on some of their new figures ride up too high.
    With the Mego pelvis, the belt will sit right where it's supposed to.
    Check out the pics:
    100_4299.jpg 100_4298.jpg100_4304.jpg
    ^CTVT pelvis ^Mego pelvis ^Restrung with Mego biceps too
    Last edited by BATMAN89; Oct 11, '14, 9:07 AM.
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

might as well just use a real mego body.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by boss
      might as well just use a real mego body.
      I know!!!

I bought this body when it first came out. I wanted to see how the new China bodies compared to the old India ones. In the long run, with the arms sucking in, they are not great.

They would be good for parts though, when you can't find legs for your Mego body, or you need a new chest, or forearms.

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by BATMAN89
        I was going to use the new caucasian body($7.00 Made in China), after restringing it (by the Dr. Cyclops method).
        I moved the arms up, and they started to sink into the chest, just like some of the old 'Made in India' bodies.
        So I cut the cord inside and restrung it again, but I replaced the upper arms, with Mego biceps.
        They don't suck inside the shoulder hole anymore.
        Also, I replaced the pelvis with a Mego blue one. This makes it a little taller.
        The CTVT Chest sits lower in it's own pelvis, and that would explain why the belts on some of their new figures ride up too high.
        With the Mego pelvis, the belt will sit right where it's supposed to.
        Check out the pics:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]12920[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12922[/ATTACH]
        ^CTVT pelvis ^Mego pelvis ^Restrung with Mego biceps too
        Good detective work on the pelvis issue. I checked a Type S body and it sits about the same as the Mego. Do you have any Danco #10 O-rings? That might fit in the FTC pelvis and move the torso up to the proper position. The closest I had was a #11 o-ring that sat too high in the pelvis joint and pushed the torso out too high. A #10 might work.

Comment

• BATMAN89
          Mego obsessed!!!
          • Jul 20, 2010

I'm not familiar with those size O-rings. I'd have to check them out.
          I get your idea about the o-ring. Sounds like that could work.

My Good Trader's List
          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Astronut
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 21, 2010

Wow, nice observation!

I find it somewhat comical that a company in the 1970's put out a technically superior product than a company in 2014 with all the state of the art production sources in the world at its fingertips. Jesus.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Thanks BATMAN89, Those too big shoulder holes in the torso are a real pain. Combine that with so many new shoulder mounts pulling out of shape, it can be a real pain finding replacement parts.
              Have you tried using a CTVT India production pelvis?

Comment

• BATMAN89
                Mego obsessed!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                Have you tried using a CTVT India production pelvis?
                I have not. Many times I was going to use this new CTVT body, but I went with a Doc body instead.
                So this time when I think I might use it, the shoulders suck in.
                So, I started with the swapping of the biceps, and then I thought that I would replace the pelvis too, because that always bothered me.

I have used a Mego pelvis on Doc's body before, because his has one misshapen leg socket. I even fixed the original Cast-A-Way body with a Mego pelvis once, because the CAW one had a flaw in it, and the leg wouldn't move right. I am thinking of casting my own pelvises, because Mego's are not that plentiful, in my bins.

My Good Trader's List
                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

The reason I asked about the India production male pelvis, is it seems much closer to scale with the original Mego piece and is in current supply. Thank you for your contributions to the world of ReMego body salvation. The Mego Museum needs members like you.
                  I just finished fixing up my loose Munsters set.
                  This place is so cool. The Mego/ReMego world would pale without it.
                  Last edited by dr_cyclops; Oct 12, '14, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

I'll see if I can get some #10 o-rings tomorrow and try putting them in the pelvis to push the torso up to the proper height. If it works you should be able to cut the o-ring and fit it in without having to restring/hook the figure. I would think.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      Thank you for your contributions to the world of ReMego body salvation. The Mego Museum needs members like you.
                      They need you as well, and thank you too! My restringing works so much better with the little key ring idea that you shared with us!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

I got some #10 o-rings and #9 o-rings today. #10 are still too big but #9 sat down inside the pelvis and raised it up the same as the Mego pelvis. Unfortunately, this did not solve the belt riding too high problem on my Batman, if anything it made it worse. Not sure what the answer is, but the #9 o-ring is the one you want if you want to have it act as a spacer and move the torso up a bit in the pelvis.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by BATMAN89
                          They need you as well, and thank you too! My restringing works so much better with the little key ring idea that you shared with us!
                          The 'Key-ring/split-ring idea came from the Museum here. I just used what I found here and expanded on it. It so much fun to take a problem body and find ways to make it better.
                          Relive, Repair, ReMego!

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

Somebody should make a walk through of this modifaction/fix and put it in the sticky thread; FTC body mods/repairs, tips, tricks, chains & whips

I already made a walk through to correct FTC's goofed up female body and put it there.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎