• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

burger king universal monster figures 1997

updated box pictures and masks further down thread

hi all now I wasn't to sure where to put this but here it is....

I know the burger king monsters are all over ebay and only about 17 years old but I do think there really cool..

I had a loose set missing all the coffins etc and wanted to get me a complete loose set.. which I have now done.

then I wanted a complete sealed set which I have now done ..but im happy about this buy because I didn't know any of these extras were available with the meal ... 4 monster masks that look great..... and I also got the meal box with it aswell...

I think there really cool .... im happy with my new members to my collection of toys

Last edited by scoth70; Oct 11, '14, 11:54 AM. Reason: spell mistake
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, those are nice! I didn't know about the masks, and I don't recall the box. I didn't have any kids then, so I think I just added the toys to my meals.

The BK Universal Monsters are the best fast food kid meal toys ever made. Yes, that's a bold statement, but it's one I wholeheartedly stand by.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• scoth70
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 17, 2008

I didn't even know about the figures chris until i got a figure from a car boot sale here in uk some years ago and saw who made them...
      I cant find anything on the masks or box anywhere ....

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Wow, those are nice! I didn't know about the masks, and I don't recall the box. I didn't have any kids then, so I think I just added the toys to my meals.

The BK Universal Monsters are the best fast food kid meal toys ever made. Yes, that's a bold statement, but it's one I wholeheartedly stand by.

Chris

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

As I recall, BK had the Universal Monsters and Superman: The Animated Series promotions one right after the other. I ate a lot of Burger King in college, during that time!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Chris
          Agreed 100%. At the time, you could just buy them, without a meal, for $1. I have a small army of them. Sadly, none of my Frankenstein's tables light up any more. The only nitpick is I wish Creature were more to scale with the others. But then, I have really fond memories of him as a bath toy when my daughter was a baby.

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

I currently use that table with my Remco Frankenstein.

CCC.

Comment

• scoth70
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 17, 2008

my table still lights up in the pack believe it or not

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Wow, that's cool. The last time I checked, my original, 1990 Toy Biz X-Men series 1 Cyclops still lit up. Amazing how sometimes those things still work.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Vinny0026
                  Year Five!!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

Chris
                  I agree Chris - These figures were/are awesome. You can get a set cheap on e bay. I grabbed a set way back my son loved them so I gave them to him and than I grabbed a new set for my self. out of halloween season you can grab these for less than 20 bucks shipped.
                  "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• mego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 16, 2012

Very sweet. They were pretty similar to the early 80's Remco monsters if I recall correctly (except for the Creature)? I love those masks!!! Super awesome illustrations.

Comment

• mego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 16, 2012

I take that back.! Just checked 'em out on ebay and they are pretty different.

Comment

• scoth70
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 17, 2008

just to add while this threads on ..if you do have a loose Frankenstein and table I have found a fix to replace batteries if your like me and like to have a fiddle about with things... this is a table I had with dead batteries now fixed
                        here it is...

Comment

• sebillba
                          • Aug 6, 2014

Funnily enough, I found my set in the loft yesterday (unsuccessfully searching for something else altogether), love these figures, you'd never guess they were a fast food premium. My table doesn't light up either, I'll have to have a fiddle.

Comment

• scoth70
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 17, 2008

well if anyone has thought of doing this heres what ive done..

I got a sharp knife heated it up till very hot ..then I sunk it into the box part on the edges until it just went through around all 4 edges..
                            then I could pop the top off ...replace batteries and the top actually fits firmly back on like a lid ..the only part you see is the end piece .. if you really want to take your time im sure you could make a neater job than mine.. im happy enough with it as its my spare display piece ..I do have a mint one still packaged..

Originally posted by sebillba
                            Funnily enough, I found my set in the loft yesterday (unsuccessfully searching for something else altogether), love these figures, you'd never guess they were a fast food premium. My table doesn't light up either, I'll have to have a fiddle.

Comment

• sebillba
                              • Aug 6, 2014

Thanks for the tip scoth70 - I think that kind of fiddling is a bit beyond me, I only have one and am scared I'd mess it up too much. I was hoping there might be a screw somewhere, but I'll just keep it as a nice display piece, I can live with it not lighting up.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎