X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Imperial Godzilla

Even though I was a teen when this stuff came out, I won't pretend I didn't go a bit nuts when I saw Godzilla merchandise in my local drug store. I still have my PVC Godzilla on my desk.

But children of the 80s, please tell me, did any of you do the obvious conversion to bubble blowing Godzilla in your college years?

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I have that little sparky Godzilla. I always wondered where it came from.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Heh, Bong-zilla.

I remember these being everywhere. I was never much of a Godzilla guy (runs away quickly), but I think I actually had the PVC one at some point.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

That PVC must've outlived the other 1985 merch run. I've seen him everywhere and owned a few over the years.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Imperial made some of the funnest toys when I was a kid. The Kong stuff in particular were great memories. These Godzilla pieces certainly stir the old memory module as well.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I really should pick up one of those Godzilla figures one day, especially since I have an Imperial Kong that he can pal along with.

Wow, I've never seen that packaging for the sparker. I have a loose one that I picked up somewhere and I always just assumed they were sold loose like that.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

The bubble blowing one is great. I want one!
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎