X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Justice League to film in Canada

Well, I need to get involved in this somehow.

Topless Robot - The Justice League Hates Australia
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I have low expectations of any live action JLA turning out anything other than cringe worthy. Anyone remember the TV pilot?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

^^ You got something against Winchester as Jonn?? Its got to be better than that.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I hope you can get involved Brian, but this one is really setting off my crapdar. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow and admit it, but this just seems like WB rushing to milk a cash cow way too quickly. It will torpedo the potential solo movies of all the Leaguers if it tanks.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

I just despise the JLA pilot (and this from someone who actually loved the JLI comic) because their GL is like a very wimpy Hal Jordon in Guy gardners suit with a mask but nice ring constructs. Their flash - Barry - was a slacker like Wally. and wasn't the sidekick from Doogie Houser the guy who has a thing for Fire?
          One interesting point was Migel Ferer as weatherman voice weather wizard in the WB superman and JL series

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I haven't read much about this in a while so I'm unaware of what's coming out of the rumour mill. Bad?
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

The casting seems very arbitrary. I'm not sure how much of the pre-strike cast will come back. They did officially let them out of their contracts. If they were to recast, it may work, but I honestly don't like this "stomping" on the Nolan Batman films, and to a lesser degree Singer's potential Superman franchise.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

That's good man,any famous actors?
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

No famous actors, which isn't neccesarily bad, but this cast just seems so random:
                  Justice League of America (2009) - Full cast and crew

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

With a great start like this. I can almost bet this is going to be a flop.
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Airdave817
                      Satellite Monitor Duty
                      • May 31, 2007

I've seen a couple of blurbs online about the director George Miller trying to force Australia into giving a discount on expenses, tax break - whatever - to film there. Not a good sign that all the press (negative) is about needing a discount to film. This isn't like making an X-Men film. These characters stand alone as much as a team.

(Don't most Marvel movies film in Canada?)

I love reading DC Comics, but their movies are sucktacular!

They should be ripping the Marvel-model off big-time: Make a movie about a single super-hero. Make it good. Then put everybody together in the team movie. So far, DC's been spinning their wheels just trying to figure out how to make Superman and Batman successful. You'd think with characters that have been around since the dawn of time, it wouldn't be that hard.

I guess that's what happens when you don't stick to the source material and cut corners...
                      Last edited by Airdave817; Mar 20, '08, 12:49 PM. Reason: correction
                      Shameless self-promotion -
                      Earth-Dave
                      KROC-FM
                      Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                      "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

It doen't matter WHERE they film this...

all that matters in the end (and in the START) is a GREAT SCRIPT...

A stand alone hero vs. a team of superheroes?
                        That's not even an issue. And its been proven already
                        with the success of BOTH types of movies.

ANY hero movie has the CHANCE of KILLING with brilliance
                        ...if there's a GREAT SCRIPT

I don't care if it's the X-MEN, SUPERMAN, HOWARD THE DUCK.... or (in this case) the JLA.

If its a GREAT SCRIPT, the flick has a fighting chance to "wow"

If they aren't gonna bother to foster a quality script---then, yeah, there'll be trouble from the get-go.
                        Last edited by huedell; Mar 20, '08, 4:31 PM.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          Alan Scott is the best GL
                          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Airdave817
                          I've seen a couple of blurbs online about the director George Miller trying to force Australia into giving a discount on expenses, tax break - whatever - to film there. Not a good sign that all the press (negative) is about needing a discount to film. This isn't like making an X-Men film. These characters stand alone as much as a team.

(Don't most Marvel movies film in Canada?)

I love reading DC Comics, but their movies are sucktacular!

They should be ripping the Marvel-model off big-time: Make a movie about a single super-hero. Make it good. Then put everybody together in the team movie. So far, DC's been spinning their wheels just trying to figure out how to make Superman and Batman successful. You'd think with characters that have been around since the dawn of time, it wouldn't be that hard.

I guess that's what happens when you don't stick to the source material and cut corners...
                          Actually marvel has had some really bad ones in the last decade too even with their bigger names (daredevil, hulk, punisher, ghostrider) I am hopeful that since marvel is now using thier own production company the overal produc gets better. (Irom man looks awesome in trailers but who knows)

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

I can't say it will turn out good, but I hope this movie will have the big three.
                            If they can't square legalities to get Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in this movie, then it won't be worth buying a ticket. And I personally want to see a live action version of Aquaman in this movie. Green Lantern must be Hal Jordan or John Stewart, no Guy Gardner!! If it turns out to be like that cheap 90's unsold pilot, then it will be craptastic.
                            Cheers

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

I liked Punisher , DD & GhostRider...
                              Meh,.... so I guess this rules out a Green Lantern Movie,.. for now.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎