X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

A Possible Explanation to Poseability Concerns

Just an observation regarding the "swan dive" some here have been reporting:

All of these new figures are wearing a "ton" of clothes. The added weight, coupled with the fact that they all wear shoes and not boots (that support and straighten the ankle), leads to them falling forward. My boxing Riddler especially!

Mego never had figures that wore so many, or such heavy, clothes.

Thoughts?

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Ahhh! That makes perfect sense! ADD to that the fact Mego had heavier or sturdier bodies also & the silkscreened suits & such (instead of 4-6 piece cloth outfits...which are nice for 66 Bats but wish the WGSH stayed true to Mego's 70's simplicity), & it makes TOTAL SENSE why FTC figures are trying to commit suicide, or if not high up....falling down drunk! Hey, their bodies are way better than Mattels DC RA, My Supes would slump over when playing that he was flying! My nephew would die laughing because we's say "Up, Up, &....he's fallen ASLEEP while Flying!". He LOVED that! Good call megoWGSH!!!!!!!!

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Add in also that most figures today do not tend to have as tight joints as the ones made 40 years ago. Not sure if it's differences in production, materials, regulations or what, but most figures I see these days do not hold a pose as easily as those of yesteryear.

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
        Add in also that most figures today do not tend to have as tight joints as the ones made 40 years ago. Not sure if it's differences in production, materials, regulations or what, but most figures I see these days do not hold a pose as easily as those of yesteryear.
        I swear I actually thought that right after I posted, so I believe all 3 of us figured out the mystery of the suicidal FTC re-megos!

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Also, Penguin is on a fat body and fat bodies always had posing issues

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by mego73
            Also, Penguin is on a fat body and fat bodies always had posing issues
            *sigh* As do I in reality.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ PNGwynne....TOO Too Funny! Made me literally LOL!

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
                Yeah the old type 1 megos had those metal joint fasteners, almost like pop rivets. I think they used harder plastic too. Its much heavier than what FTC uses. Part of that could be the availability of certain plastics might have changed in 40 years.. but some of the other companies bodies have been pretty sturdy. I know the Type S is thicker plastic than the FTC body and weighs more. The plastic could be the same, I don't know, but if it is the difference might be in how much is used to make each figure.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎