X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Wonder Girl sold out/retired

Classic Tv Toys started making retro MEGO type 8 inch action figures in 2005.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

She's been sold out on the FTC site for a few weeks now. Apparently the Titans were produced in limited numbers so I'm a bit surprised the others, esp Kid Flash, haven't sold out as well.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 23, 2011

My lcbs is sitting on a few sets of these sets. They're thinking of not stocking anymore of the WGSH line and sticking to the '66 line.

Comment

• toyman
        Just Another Collector
        • Sep 1, 2008

There's also 3 sets at a local shop next to me also, they had 3 sets of batman wave 3 but I bought all of them at & $78.00 a set including tax.

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by toyman
          There's also 3 sets at a local shop next to me also, they had 3 sets of batman wave 3 but I bought all of them at & $78.00 a set including tax.
          ^^^ Conngrats on that AWESOME Deal Toyman! Even tho I have x2 FULL sets of Batman Wave 3 + 1 Extra BATGIRL (x3 total),
          * I'd still of bought at least1 MORE FULL SET AT THAT PRICE! GREAT DEAL!
          Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 4, '14, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• aquaboy
            • Oct 3, 2014

I read a lot of complaints regarding Wondergirl, I think she is very cute simply happy they released these! Is she perfect, probably not but cute and goes well with Wonder Woman. I'm hoping to experiment and add more hair around face, maybe touch up paint. I'm not surprised she sold out , not too many originals around, and many customizers looking for new type females.

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

Wonder if they made all four teen titans in the same quantities.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by aquaboy
                I read a lot of complaints regarding Wondergirl, I think she is very cute simply happy they released these! Is she perfect, probably not but cute and goes well with Wonder Woman. I'm hoping to experiment and add more hair around face, maybe touch up paint. I'm not surprised she sold out , not too many originals around, and many customizers looking for new type females.
                Hey Aquaboy, Welcome to the megomuseum! /I lurked here for a deacde & 1/2 & wish I'd jumped into the fun earlier! Mostly everbody here are class act people willing to maturely discuss, debate, & even help each other out in this great hobby!

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

I was never actually in to the Mego Teen Titans, never owned them, so I am not the best judge but I bought these and thought they looked pretty close to the originals. Typically most toy companies that make 'boys' toys make less of the female characters and some villians. I know like in the Hansbro 12" Star Wars figures Old ben Kenobi was only 1 to a case, while the other characters had 2 or 3 if I remember correctly. They figure kids won't play with an old man figure as much, so they become the chase figure. Of course these FTc figures are not made for kids really, so I wonder if they manufacture the same amount of each figure or do the same. Anyone know that bought Teen Titans cases?

Comment

• aquaboy
                    • Oct 3, 2014

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                    Hey Aquaboy, Welcome to the megomuseum! /I lurked here for a deacde & 1/2 & wish I'd jumped into the fun earlier! Mostly everbody here are class act people willing to maturely discuss, debate, & even help each other out in this great hobby!
                    Hi THANKS! It's so funny I was about to join few weeks back to ask if anyone could make some Wonder Twins emblems...and then I hear FTC is making them! I used to make customs years ago , thought I would try it out again but they keep announcing everything I want. Yes I notice some bickering , that goes on even on church sites. I do understand a few issues with products coming out , but just the fact they have brought MEGOs back should be commended. I had a few MEGOS when I was small, they kept breaking on me. So the issues I hear now seem minor that can be easily corrected. You can barely find custom fodder for the $25 they want , so I'm happy regardless of issues. I'm so excited for all the companies making 8"!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by aquaboy
                      Hi THANKS! It's so funny I was about to join few weeks back to ask if anyone could make some Wonder Twins emblems...and then I hear FTC is making them! I used to make customs years ago , thought I would try it out again but they keep announcing everything I want. Yes I notice some bickering , that goes on even on church sites. I do understand a few issues with products coming out , but just the fact they have brought MEGOs back should be commended. I had a few MEGOS when I was small, they kept breaking on me. So the issues I hear now seem minor that can be easily corrected. You can barely find custom fodder for the $25 they want , so I'm happy regardless of issues. I'm so excited for all the companies making 8"!
                      Great attitude and YES very exciting times right now for collectors!

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

I know my LCS also had some Titans, still not sure if I need them. Most of the repro FTC stuff I've been buying are placeholders until I can get an original. I know my LCS had some anyway.

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

Yes, Megos ** DID ** break back in the day. I remember having funerals where all the heroes would attend saying "goodbye" to each of the Megos that "died" because their arm or leg came off due to a stretch band snapping. Seriously. The old Megos used to come apart also.

Although I will say they were not broken right out of the package. I will admit that much.

Comment

• drogge
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

I bet they are making limited runs of all the sets. They have a small customer base, they are not selling to the masses. So you make small runs, they must have a good idea of the quantities which will sell and be profitable. I'll bet it is in the 1000 per figure range up to 2000 per figure for the most popular characters. This is also why we are seeing new sets so often. They are making the production runs and then moving on. It also explains they reason they try to rebrand or re-sell the same characters multiple times. Most of the production costs occurs at development and initial runs. The costs reduces as the product and inventory costs - like plastic, and cloth decrease. But since they are not producing thousands and thousands of the same characters the cost for producing remains constant. If you know this cost, the amount of figures needed to make a profit, you can keep them coming. Mego produced millions of the same characters over many years. They were mass produced and minimal costs.

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Astronut
                              Yes, Megos ** DID ** break back in the day. I remember having funerals where all the heroes would attend saying "goodbye" to each of the Megos that "died" because their arm or leg came off due to a stretch band snapping. Seriously. The old Megos used to come apart also.

Although I will say they were not broken right out of the package. I will admit that much.
                              We used to restring them with elastic all the time. But the plastic itself was stronger and the bands were better designed for the figure design.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎