X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

Marty Abrams.. what does he think?

Has anyone heard or read how Marty feels about the new mego's? Does he love the fact they they are being made, has he given any insights? Would love to know.

For the love of Mego's
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ I'd LOVE to know what Marty thinks, as he obviously supported the EMCE Star Trek TOS Mego repros! I wish those continues, as the Mego Star Trek were my 2nd fav Megos behind my FAVORITE Megos of boyhood, the WGSH! I wish the bodies on FTC's WGH were as good as the Dr. Mego / EMCE Star Trek repros! I think the updated GORN & NEW additions of Lt. SULU, Ensign CHEKOV, & KHAN were a PERFECT example of making NEW Characters in the MEGO aesthetic! /the SALT Vampire is also a total perfect example of "If Mego did this character in the late 70's-80's". But DST & EMCE dropped the ball on Captain PIKE BIG TIME! The heads on the mirror Mirror looked weird, & I had no interest to get TNG Trek collection....of 2 characters. I don't mind missing the atrocity that is EMCE Pike, but I'm kicking myself for missing x2 SALT VAMPIRES.....& only having x2 ROMULANs (only 1 opened) instead of 4-5 more upsets me greatly! So until the last TOS wave, Emce did my favorite Megos repros QUALITY wise. FTC is my favorite re-megos character wise though for sure! I hope FTC does real repro Mego DUKES though. I'd like a new DAISY, new characters, a General Lee too, but only if they repro Bo, Luke & Boss, I'd even take Vance & Coy as exclusives!

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I have to think as a business man and product developer, he would likely be very proud of what that original idea has expanded into by all of these companies. What remains something of a mystery to me is why he never gave the notion to do it again himself.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

It's early but hopefully he'll tell us at MegoMeet 11
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
          It's early but hopefully he'll tell us at MegoMeet 11
          WHAT?!?!?!?

OMG this will be the best Mego Meet ever!
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by pmwasson
            WHAT?!?!?!?

OMG this will be the best Mego Meet ever!
            It's not set in stone but more than one former Mego person has expressed interest in next year.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
              It's not set in stone but more than one former Mego person has expressed interest in next year.
              Forgive my ignorance on this Palitoy, but where is Megomeet going to be & when? I wasn't sure if it's always the same City/State or what. I'd LOVE to be able to go, instead of just trying to go vicariously through the videos you guys post! I love all the videos & pics (& News updates) you guys put up for us here! Thanks 4 any info!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎