Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Just got Superman Wave 1

Overall, very happy with these figures. Saw some complaints here about 'floppy loose' heads, off-center emblems, etc, didn't see any of that. One thing I did notice was the right arm on all three of the male figures was a bit loose. It would hold a pose when bent, but it moved easier than most.

Superman: If you already have the Early Bird, it's the same fig. The belt doesn't look as translucent unless you are in very bright light. In normal lighting it looks much better. About the loose heads I saw some claim. His head WILL turn a bit easier than normal, but it's definitely not loose. It stays where it is turned.

Supergirl: Probably the only 'problem' I saw with the entire wave was Supegirl's baggy belt. It's way too big but if she's just for display as mine is then it can easily be adjusted so it looks presentable. Can see how the slippers will be immediately lost if any kids will be playing with her. And no, she doesn't have a big head she's just fine.

Bizarro: Now THIS is what I was hoping for from the 'new' figures that FTC would be making! Honestly having an Alfred figure never really excited me but to get a key Superman villain is a big deal. Love the figure, love the card design in fact the card design is the best of any FTC figure so far. Yes, the head is slightly bigger than normal male figures, no it doesn't bother me. Same with Superman, the head is looser than normal, but still holds its position just fine.

Mxp: I was pretty meh on this figure as a Mego so he doesn't blow my hair back here either. Ironically, his head is as out of proportion with his body as Bizarro's is, but haven't seen anyone mention it.

If this wave has the same production size as the Batman Wave 3 figures then I would suspect they will start selling out pretty soon.

Thank you FTC, LOVE all the figures you are making. The only 'problem' I have is I'm running out of room to display them all!

PS: Noticed on the back they show Clark Kent and the image is of Clark pulling apart his shirt to reveal the Superman costume underneath. Nice info, Mickey!
    Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Oct 2, '14, 3:15 PM.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't see any irony in the appreciation here for Mxyzptk: It's FTC's (slightly smaller than vintage) copy of the original head, on an even smaller TT body.

Mxy's an imp, and has usually been depicted with a larger head. On the other hand, Alfred probably should not resemble Hector Hammond .

Any idea why is Supergirl so off-model?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Batgirl: I always thought she would look better neckless anyway, kinda gives her that squatty buff look that is always so hot, so for me the 'problem' of an incorrectly assembled figure isn't a problem after all. Just keep up the good work of making all the women neckless to be consistant. Ok, you goofed up with Catwoman and made her neck normal, but I will over look that.

2 Pack Packaging: The 'problem' of there being no twisty ties isn't an issue for me because when the figures arrive it looks like they have been battling with each other just as the Comic book cover on the Shazam/Superman one implies is about to happen. Maybe you could give them a good shake before shipping them, so they will look even more tossled.

Superman: The 'problem' of his cape being made from a cheaper material really isn't one after all because I can blow on the figure and recreate the effect of his cape flowing in the wind.

Alfred: I love his huge nerdy noggin, in fact Alfred's brain is probably larger than most since he has to keep up with all of Batman's gear and run the Wayne Mannor as well. FTC you corrected DC's oversight of making his head too small all these years, good job!

I LOVE you FTC, I just wish you'd charge me more for these absolutely perfect figures!
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Seriously though, I'm wondering why Supergirl was altered so. I can see Mxy was changed for both marketing & aesthetic reasons.

But Supergirl's details made her more accurate & unique--I can only assume it was cost-cutting on FTC's part.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
          Batgirl: I always thought she would look better neckless anyway, kinda gives her that squatty buff look that is always so hot, so for me the 'problem' of an incorrectly assembled figure isn't a problem after all. Just keep up the good work of making all the women neckless to be consistant. Ok, you goofed up with Catwoman and made her neck normal, but I will over look that.

2 Pack Packaging: The 'problem' of there being no twisty ties isn't an issue for me because when the figures arrive it looks like they have been battling with each other just as the Comic book cover on the Shazam/Superman one implies is about to happen. Maybe you could give them a good shake before shipping them, so they will look even more tossled.

Superman: The 'problem' of his cape being made from a cheaper material really isn't one after all because I can blow on the figure and recreate the effect of his cape flowing in the wind.

Alfred: I love his huge nerdy noggin, in fact Alfred's brain is probably larger than most since he has to keep up with all of Batman's gear and run the Wayne Mannor as well. FTC you corrected DC's oversight of making his head too small all these years, good job!

I LOVE you FTC, I just wish you'd charge me more for these absolutely perfect figures!

I LOVE you jayraytee! Too funny are You!

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Seriously though, I'm wondering why Supergirl was altered so. I can see Mxy was changed for both marketing & aesthetic reasons.

But Supergirl's details made her more accurate & unique--I can only assume it was cost-cutting on FTC's part.
            One of two reasons for why FTC strayed so far from Mego's fantastically unique Supergirl: (IMHO)

1.) Cost Cutting (they didn't want to pay for a new head rooting for Supergirl, yet Jane who NEVER had a Mego gets a new Root-Job? & FTC's comic pic of Jane shows a Middle part)

2.) FTC just doesn't give a CHIV what their *SUPERGIRL & Other DC Female Heroes look like, despite being sold as: "Exact Reproductions of Their Mego Counterparts"
            Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 2, '14, 5:17 PM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee

Honestly Jay, the best option for you is to probably stop buying FTC figures. You are obviously upset with most if not all of your purchases, and getting upset at those of us that enjoy the figures simply because we voiced that we are happy with them doesn't help anyone.

Just a thought.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                Honestly Jay, the best option for you is to probably stop buying FTC figures. You are obviously upset with most if not all of your purchases, and getting upset at those of us that enjoy the figures simply because we voiced that we are happy with them doesn't help anyone.

Just a thought.
                He's got legitimate points, these issues that people have complained about have kept me away from the WGSH line altogether. I don't see why they don't put the same effort into this line that the Batman 66, Dukes, Evel and most of the Kiss figures are getting. All those look outstanding and show a lot more attention to detail. Retro should not be translated to cheap looking.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

Just a thought.
                  Maybe you miss the irony and sarcasm, lets flip this part around and point it back at you; "getting upset at those of us that have issues with aspects of the figures simply because we voiced that we are unhappy with them doesn't help anyone. Just a thought."
                  My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

nt....
                    Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Oct 3, '14, 9:42 AM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

nt....
                      LOL, that's what he does when he lashes out, but then thinks about his image here & can't delete his post, so he always does that! I knew his last 4-5 posts were trying so hard to look non-antagonistic. He also doesn't realize some of us chronic complainers keep complaining because of his passive aggressive catty digs at us to belittle our complaints. I'd say 50-80% of the chronic & very repetitive complaints (from me included) are due to ThePlayer "GOADING" Us into it! So he can do it again! His last 4-5 posts were suddenly trying to sound he was reasonable & was mirroring many of MIB41's attitudes towards stuff. KNEW he couldn't keep that up long. Knew it. TEXT BOOK CASE. ALSO I HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION, & YOU JAYRAYTEE & I have BOUGHT MUCH MORE FTC PRODUCT than ThePLAYER HAS REPORTED BUYING. *DOES HE WANT US TO STOP BUYING & CAUSE FTC would LOSE 2 OR more very good CUSTOMERS!

ThePlayer doesn't want any negative posts about FTC........WE'LL UNTIL He gets A SLIGHTLY LIGHTER GREY BATMAN SUIT or a CRUMPLED CAPE....THEN HE STARTS A THREAD TO VOICE HIS STRONG & OBVIOUSLY MORE IMPORTANT COMPLAINT than you know, defective bodies on 3/4 or 75% of the Super Gals!

*I THINK FTC NEEDS TO ADDRESS HIM & HIS BACKFIRING ATTEMPT AT "HELPING" HIS Golden GOD.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Okay, got the rest of the Superman wave last night.
                        Mxyzptlk: They really hit this one out of the park; the smaller body was a great idea, and the regular head on it gives him the impish proportions he's often been drawn with. Adding the boots while keeping the material versions on underneath gives folks options of how they'd rather have him out on display. THe suit didn't need to be as baggy without the fat body beneath it, but that's about the only complaint I could have here.

Bizarro: Elephant in the room, and that kind of describes his head. It isn't quite as bad as Alfred, but only because it's a bit thinner front to back. It is basically as big as the initial pictures showed, and it is very obvious it's wrong when he's standing next to Supes. It is a shame, because the sculpt and the paint lost nothing from prototype to final product. The head would be next to perfect if it wasn't about a third bigger than it should be.

THe one other thing is the bad fit of Supes head; I didn't see this on either two pack Supes I got (the heads were a little lose, but not bad), but it's almost a bobble head; it's loose and basically pops up a bit from the neck plug.

Now, while Kara's legs are baggy, both Supes' and Bizarro's costumes have about the best fit I've seen so far. THe costumes look really good, and, while the capes do seem thinner and maybe cheaper, I'm going to hold off on judging them yet to see how well they resist fraying. If they hold up better in that respect, I'd say we came out ahead there.

Definitely a mixed bag, sadly. Bizarro is so frustratingly close to being exactly what I'd want to see in additions to the classic line; if they follow his example and just fix the size problem, they would have some real winners. But that, Kara's missing neck, and bobbleheaded Supes, really rack up the QC problems with this wave. When three out of the four figures have a major flaw right out of the package, that's a really bad ratio.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎