X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Bruce Wayne & Batman 2-pack

So excited I got this today!! ipad pics not the best.
    Attached Files
  • Astronut
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 21, 2010

1) I am very, verrrry thankful FTC is doing this and I am in full support, buying what I can afford

2) Pretty sure I could replace the art director tomorrow, no joke, it's my profession... because the co. is inconsistent in its design execution. It is missing a golden opportunity to do classic DC covers for all - ALL - of the 2-packs, not just some of them.

3) I would expect down the road we get other 2-packs and when we do get to that point, FTC really needs to show the awesome 1970s comic covers that go with them... Like "World's Finest" Batman/Superman... "Green Lantern/Green Arrow"... and "DC Comics Presents", where Superman teams up with heroes like Red Tornado, Black Lightning, etc

My two cents for now
    Last edited by Astronut; Sep 30, '14, 6:22 PM.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Astronut
      It is missing a golden opportunity to do classic DC covers for all - ALL - of the 2-packs, not just some of them.
      Yep, classic covers the RIGHT cover for some of these 2-packs would almost make them a must-have. Otherwise, I'll wait and get the singles and save $10.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I do love it when they use the covers, but I think part of the problem is that there may be no covers really featuring some of the pairings. The classic JLA/JSA/Fawcett characters crossover they used for Supes/Shazam had the two front and center, but I'd be hard pressed to name a cover that featured GA and Aquaman the same way. There's loads of JLA covers with both in the crowd, but nothing I can think of with the two of them center stage. Of course, they could do two overlapping covers, one for each character, in those cases. GA didn't have his own series in that costume, but he was the main character shown on several issues of GL/GA I can think of right off hand. Same for Bats/Bruce; I can't think of a cover with both on it at once, but there was at least one cover featuring Bruce in action (as I recall, he got conked on the head and thought that Bruce was his crime fighting guise and Bats was his secret identity). It would give a more cohesive look to the cards, and sometimes the choice of not doing so is baffling. Supes and Supergirl shared several covers back in the day, not the least of which was the big Action Comics 500 anniversary issue (although Kara had the boots, not the slippers, on).

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

It looks like they were packaged pretty well this time.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎