X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wasimhosen
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 23, 2011

Pics of my 2 and GA Mattel vs. GA FTC

Just playing around. 20140930_135032.jpg20140930_134957.jpg20140930_135017.jpg20140929_124141.jpg20140930_122616.jpg
  • Wasimhosen
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 23, 2011

And some more.
    20140930_135043.jpg20140930_135408.jpg20140930_135435.jpg

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Great pics!

They all look good.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        • Feb 27, 2014

Overall, those look pretty good. I always thought Thor and Green Arrow were the two figures that Mego did the best job with, glad the FTC version of Mr. Queen looks pretty good.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 23, 2011

A few more
          20140930_142011.jpg20140930_142022.jpg20140930_142048.jpg20140930_142150.jpg

Comment

• Wasimhosen
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 23, 2011

And some more
            20140930_142225.jpg20140930_142158.jpg20140930_142204.jpg20140930_142209.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the pictures!

Maybe it's just me, but this was a nice reminder for me of how much better the Mego Green Arrow was than the Mattel Retro Action version, and I thought GA was one of Mattel's better efforts.

It's almost enough to get me to order a GA & Aquaman two pack, but I think I will remain patient and wait for the single carded version.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

. . . I am drooling . . . So **Fresh**!!!! Thank you very much for posting!!! I don't think we can get any better than this!!! Wow, FTC!! They all look a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks SO MUCH for taking these pics Wasimhosen! Very cool. There's been so much talk about these but very few pics to access. I appreciate you taking the time to post these. Neat to see brand new Mego Arrow, Shazam, and Aquaman figures.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 23, 2011

Your welcome, all. When it comes down to it they're all very nice figures and I'm happy to have them.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

LOVE your Pics! You have made me super SUPER excited for these again! You have the complete opposite effect on my interest in more FTC toys than ThePLAYER does! You make me so HAPPY & EXCITED about these FTC WGH (WGSH)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS Wasimhosen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 23, 2011

You're very welcome.
                        Originally posted by invisiblelad
                        LOVE your Pics! You have made me super SUPER excited for these again! You have the complete opposite effect on my interest in more FTC toys than ThePLAYER does! You make me so HAPPY & EXCITED about these FTC WGH (WGSH)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS Wasimhosen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

Nice pics, thanks!

The FTC figures all look great, gotta say.

Is it me or does Aquaman's shirt look super shiny compared to the original Mego version? I just don't remember the Mego one looking that shiny...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, the vintage knit polyester is softer & more matte than the modern knit. I'm very glad FTC is using it, though rather than lycra or milliskin--it's as close as they can do today to vintage Mego.

I like these too, though Aquaman's belt is distracting. I hope on the standard release, the belt is opaque & includes an emblem.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 23, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Yes, the vintage knit polyester is softer & more matte than the modern knit. I'm very glad FTC is using it, though rather than lycra or milliskin--it's as close as they can do today to vintage Mego.

I like these too, though Aquaman's belt is distracting. I hope on the standard release, the belt is opaque & includes an emblem.
                              There is an emblem but I guess it didn't turn out so great in the pics. The material is shinier and sleeker. I think it looks great and hopefully will keep the color better, longer.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎