X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Superman Wave Pictures

I took some pictures tonight of the Superman Wave from FTC.

I think they all look great!

Here is a Mego Type-2 Superman in the middle to compare against the new Superman and Bizarro

The capes are very similar, but the new ones seem a bit more wrinkled and have almost a papery feel to them.

Here is a side view of the heads. Bizarro head is obviously bigger, but it doesn't look bad in person. Part of it is he just has a bigger chin and more hair. His head doesn't look out of proportion in person.

Bizarro close up! The Bizarro #1 pendant looks great.

His body is normal flesh colored, but with the long sleeves and cape around the neck, it doesn't show.

Superman's in trouble now!

I think Mister Mxyzptlk has gone from my least favorite to one of my favorite figures! He has the cloth boots on under the regular boots, so you can choose how to display him.

I used stands in the photos just so I could quickly move them around, but they all stand fine on their own.
    sigpic LaserMego
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

You totally sold me on Myxy and a couple of your stands!

Comment

• ZombieJimC
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 12, 2014

Very nice!! Im glad you posted these pics and you like them. Now I will order a set.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

Great scott!

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Looks great! Nice update on Mxy. Supergirl looks very nice, and Bizarro certainly fits the comic interpretation.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

Thanks for posting these! I am overall impressed with these. Can't wait to get mine. I am one of the few that thinks Alfred looks ok, big head and all, so I may not be to hard to please!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the pics!

Myx looks great---I'll definitely be picking one up. Too bad about Bizarro though, the giant noggin kills it for me. He might look ok by himself but his head looks giant compared to Mego and FTC Superman. Hopefully the Super Friends line will provide the chance for FTC to take another pass at him because this one doesn't cut it for me.

*Edited to add*

It seems like the out of proportion head is a design choice rather than a shrinkage error as the neck itself is not oversized. I can see the effort at simulating a Wayne Boring or Al Plastino look for Bizarro but it just doesn't blend well with previous Megos which is my primary criterion in making a purchase.
              Last edited by Krypt0nite; Sep 25, '14, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Thanks SO much for the pic pmwass! The pics are GREAT for seeing EXACTLY what I'll be getting when my x2 sets come from EE, glad I only spent what I did on EE w/ their FTC BOGO 40% OFF sale w/ FREE S/H !!!!!

I think:

SUPERMAN's costume & boots look Superior to Mego's. Capes look shoddy though! Superman's head was far better on the mego IMHO, & the only thing I strongly dislike about FTC Superman at all is the BLACK WRITING on the back of the neck! WTH FTC? WTH? Looks HORRIBLE! Should of been just imprinted on the neck, if anything!

Mr. MXY looks GREAT in every way! Is the FTC/DC info in black on his head?

SUPERGIRL's costume is a disappointment when it comes to it mimicking Mego SG's costume! Her HAIR is completely a failure. NO SIDE Part w/ side swept bangs that made Mego Supergirl a beautiful & unique doll. Her head is as generic as it could possibly be! Mego's Super Gals each had completely different aspects that differentiated them. Her incorrectly assembled DEFECTIVE NECK/body makes FTC a FAILURE at Mego's SUPER GALS! FTC delivered Catwoman wonderfully, but Batgirl, WW & Supergirl make FTC's Super Gals' "exact reproductions of their Mego counterparts" 75% failures unfortunately! It kills me this is so!

BIZARRO has a fantastic costume & necklace! HEAD is TOO BIG! I hope if FTC makes a Superfriend's Legion of Doom flesh colored faceted Bizarro, & his head will MIRROR Superman's head size almost exactly! I know, I'm dreaming.

So my final decision, FTC made GREAT Superman & Mr. MXY figs. Made a great costume for Bizzaro w/ a HEAD way too big. Supergirl was the only Mego Super Gal I didn't have as a little boy! I wanted one but never even saw one as a kid, so therefore I was STOKED about her "exact reproduction" of the original. .unfortunately FTC falls flat w/ every one of the 3 heroic Super Gals. Batgirl would have been great, as well as Wonder Woman had their NECKS & BOOTS BEEN MEGO accurate & if the TORSO ball wasn't up-side-down. Defective bodies at FULL price is not acceotable.

I'm going to STOP buying blindly on FTC's word that things will look like (or superior) to their prototypes. I have NO more need to buy so many multiples if I'm going to have to open them & replace the bodies to reseal them to be NRFB (which they would by definition no longer be!)

Again pmwass, GREAT pics! Clear, bright, detailed! I WISH I had a camera (& the know how) that could take such AWESOME Pics! Thanks Again!
                Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 26, '14, 5:38 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

Upon inspecting him from a profile, Bizarro looks like Ray Liotta. I really like this figure way more than I thought I would. I must place an order soon.
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    Upon inspecting him from a profile, Bizarro looks like Ray Liotta. I really like this figure way more than I thought I would. I must place an order soon.
                    lol! Now I see Ray Liotta portraying DC Comic's BIZARRO! I can't unsee it lol!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I keep think Jethro Bodine when I look at Bizarro. BTW, the head looks a lot more in scale than the prototype did.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

I still find it odd looking when they paint the nostrils black???
                        I think it is totally unnecessary.
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

These all look terrific! Thanks for posting Paul.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            I took some pictures tonight of the Superman Wave from FTC.

I think they all look great!

Here is a Mego Type-2 Superman in the middle to compare against the new Superman and Bizarro

The capes are very similar, but the new ones seem a bit more wrinkled and have almost a papery feel to them.

Here is a side view of the heads. Bizarro head is obviously bigger, but it doesn't look bad in person. Part of it is he just has a bigger chin and more hair. His head doesn't look out of proportion in person.

Bizarro close up! The Bizarro #1 pendant looks great.

His body is normal flesh colored, but with the long sleeves and cape around the neck, it doesn't show.

Superman's in trouble now!

I think Mister Mxyzptlk has gone from my least favorite to one of my favorite figures! He has the cloth boots on under the regular boots, so you can choose how to display him.

I used stands in the photos just so I could quickly move them around, but they all stand fine on their own.
                            Forget the figures, what camera were you using? Those pictures are fabulous!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                              Thanks for posting these! I am overall impressed with these. Can't wait to get mine. I am one of the few that thinks Alfred looks ok, big head and all, so I may not be to hard to please!
                              I'm the same way, the big heads never bothered me. If they carry over to characters like Flash and Green Lantern, it probably will. Love these pictures, ordered this wave last night and these pictures further confirm I made the right choice.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎