X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Just got SUPER delivery!

Today I just received my FTC Superman Series 1 figures! I already had Early Bird Superman which is SUPER and the other 3 are, too!

Supergirl- Perfect! Always wanted a MINT Mego Supergirl and I finally got my wish! Right down to her little red slippers!

Mr Mxyzptlk- IMPROVEMENT over original Mego Mxy! Like teen body and plastic purple boots! The imp he was always meant to be!

Bizarro- Him has BIG head, but its not so bad! FTC nailed chisled Silver Age Bizarro head and I like Bizzaro No 1 necklace! Costume is same as Superman's except backward "S"!

BRING ON Superman Series 2- Superboy, Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen! CANNOT WAIT!

SUPER JOB, FTC!

Now waiting for my DC 2-packs!
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Out of curiosity, what does Supergirl's hair look like? The prototype looked like FTC's generic blonde head, and the original SG had a part on the side and the kind of curled bangs. Just wondering what the final product looks like.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

Supergirl's hair is parted in middle NO bangs and curly at end! Kara is BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ovenmitt
        Supergirl's hair is parted in middle NO bangs and curly at end! Kara is BEAUTIFUL!
        Disappointing, but not unexpected. Not a deal breaker by any means, but it would have helped make the head "Kara" rather than "generic blonde." Thanks for checking!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the info! Just how big is Bizarro's head? Are we talking as oversized as Alfred?

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

Bizarro's head is bigger than Superman's but I do not think as big as Alfred's.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Any pics????

Most of all: *Is SUPERGIRL'S NECK INCORRECTLY ASSEMBLED like my x3 BATGIRLs & x4 FTC WONDER WOMAN that I just came home to from EE (*EE Shipped me my x4 FTC WW for: $80.02 + FREE S/H & they came in 5 DAYS from order! 4 Days from shipping date! & I live in Central NY!........

***take NOTE FTC/CTVT, EE had ALL FTC figures Buy 1 Get 1 40% OFF + FREE /H & it shipped when they said they did, came in 4 days from shipping notice for FREE & I wasn't charged until they were IN STOCK!Learn or Burn FTC!)

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TomStrong
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Hilarious! Indeed, I would love to see some pictures from the awesome new deliveries.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, TBolt did it as soon as he got them unboxed.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

So I'm guessing SUPERGIRL'S NECK is sunken into the body 1/2 way like BATGIRL & WONDER WOMAN? I really HOPE FTC didn't send out SUPERGIRL figures on DEFECTIVE INCORRECTLT ASSEMBLED Bodies like their last 2 Super Gals?

So Teemu..........Does FTC's SUPERGIRL have a FULL CORRECT MEGO NECK or No? THANKS 4 any info!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

So now it's the part of Supergirl's hair. Ok then.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

I dunno. Personally I don't have an opinion about the part of Supergirl's hair, nor does the neck issue on the super-gals bother me; however for the collectors who value fidelity to the original Megos above all, it is a valid complaint. Has FTC commented on the neck issue anywhere?

Comment

• megomania
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jan 2, 2010

My Myx says "Worlds Greatest VILLIANS" on the front, but "WG Heroes" on the back. Anyone else?

Also, Bizarro's head is big. They haven't fixed the problem.

Supergirl is a big disappointment for me. Her head/face just looks super weird, her hair is too poofy, her body looks like it's going to fall apart, and her shoe fell off so it's banging around in the clamshell.

Actually, the entire group of four is a letdown for me. Coupled with the fact they sent me a receipt showing they charged my card a full 7 days before shipping, I'm rethinking buying any of their product going forward. Regardless of retailer.

-Chris

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              So now it's the part of Supergirl's hair. Ok then.
                              So, that's a charming, in-character detail you don't think FTC should have tried to replicate as a good, if not "exact," reproduction?

OK then.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎