X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGOMAN
    Defender of the Megoverse
    • Dec 30, 2008

Aquaman VS. The Great White Shark

I found this link today on twitter. Can it be true???? Is FCT really going to release this next year?????

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-a...-shark-return/
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I'm in the minority in that I hope this doesn't get made. At least not an exact copy of the original.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

They better not, I spent alot of money on the repro!!!
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Toy Timelord
        Banned
        • Aug 4, 2014

Hope it happens. It'd be nice for it to be affordable again!

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

Of course I would love this especially for JAWS 40th in 2015! I was 5 in 1975 starting kindergarten after Jaws movie came out! People were even afraid to swim in swimming pools or take baths because of sharks! I had a Jaws game where each player lowered a hook into Jaws' mouth for treasure pieces trying not to let Jaws close his jaws! And rubber generic shark toys from dime stores! Then the Hanna Barbara cartoon Jabber Jaw! I did not know about Mego Aquaman vs Great White Shark until I became an adult toy collector and that it is most valuable Mego toy! So, I want a replica at affordable price and Aquaman must be included with WEBBED hands from Mego Man from Atlantis prototype! Aquaman and Man from Atlantis BOTH got me into swimming!

Comment

• Fitski
            Veteran Member
            • May 19, 2013

Originally posted by ScottA
            I'm in the minority in that I hope this doesn't get made. At least not an exact copy of the original.
            Totally agree!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

has anything from FTC been an exact copy yet?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I can't wait for it. There's so few originals out there that a repro isn't going to affect their value much...besides, it's not like any originals are changing hands anyway. They already reside in permanent collections.
                Of course every time a rare toy is reproduced there are always a handful of rich, elitist collectors bemoaning about their "investment".
                To them I say...you wanna invest in something? Buy stocks.
                First the Teen Titans...next up, Circle Suit Spidey...now the Great White Shark? It's great that Mego fans who aren't loaded can now enjoy these classic toys.

Comment

• osker55
                  Booyaaa
                  • Aug 8, 2011

Omg I can't finally maybe afford one
                  Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
                  AHI wolfman moc
                  Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
                  Kresge moc WGSH
                  Other stuff to update

Comment

• Vinny0026
                    Year Five!!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

IMO -This will get made at some point. Also if it gets done it won't be 100% exact.
                    If I had to guess - I doubt the Shark would will function. If they do I'm all in for this piece!

I thought we went over this the other day - maybe the thread was removed?
                    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Vinny0026
                      Year Five!!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                      They better not, I spent alot of money on the repro!!!
                      IMO - I bet this gets done and IMO a non working shark
                      If so it should retail around 60-75 bucks (IMO)

No need to be mad that you spent a lot on a repro/ custom one if they do make it. It is still a very nice custome piece to own.
                      I was very tempted to grab one - All involved did a great/amazing/fantastic job on it - it was just a little out of my price point.

No one knows for sure if CTV is making one
                      But you get the feeling with that link that it will be done. It makes total sense because it will be a great seller since so many people would buy it.

I know I would in a heart beat at a price around 75 bucks
                      I could care less if it works or not (if it does not work) I will leave it in the box anyway.

I do not think it under values the custom that Chad and company just made
                      as that one is made to look just like the original (shark and box design)

If CTV makes this it will have some sort of variation.
                      again this is all just IMO

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

It couldn't be; I'm sure there will be a production date stamped on it someplace that won't be "197something." And I don't know if FTC could spring for the mechanism without having to price it too high. If we did get it, I imagine we'd get a posable jaw at best.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                          Year Five!!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                          It couldn't be; I'm sure there will be a production date stamped on it someplace that won't be "197something." And I don't know if FTC could spring for the mechanism without having to price it too high. If we did get it, I imagine we'd get a posable jaw at best.
                          yes I agree - i just dont see people willing to spend the extra loot for a functional shark - when the piece wont be opened anyway.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I'm not the biggest fan of this idea. I get the logic; if you're going to repro Aquaman, might as well get as much mileage out of it as possible. It's crazy to think 75 is over-priced, but inflation has made 1USD in 1975 equal to 4.50 USD today. That makes a 20 dollar item in '75 about 80 dollars today.

So realize a five dollar bill in your adulthood is roughly equal to one dollar from when you were a kid, and one dollar today is now less than a quarter from your childhood.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                              Defender of the Megoverse
                              • Dec 30, 2008

It will be interesting to see the final product. To this day I still do not have anything DC from FTC. My authentic MEGO collection could never be dishonored by placing a FTC figure next to it. However, I would love to own this set but I am on the fence out it being re-produced. I could never afford the real thing, but I can afford FTC's.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎