Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious, is there a master list that documents release dates for original Megos?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Just curious, is there a master list that documents release dates for original Megos?

Mego released many lines over many years much like FTC is attempting to do. It would be interesting to see what Mego's release schedule was in the 70s/80s and compare to how FTC is doing. Is there such a comprehensive list available for the original Megos across all lines?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

A good source detailing WGSH waves and release dates has been available for several years--it's Ben Holcomb's book, World's Greatest Toys.

However, it does not detail releases of other lines like POTA, Star Trek, etc. I'd be surprised if a master list existed; assembling background information on WGSH waves took a lot of time & effort for Holcomb.

WGSH were usually released in annual waves. I suspect that other lines (two POTA waves, two Star Trek, one each Fist-Fighters, Pirates, Knights, et al) were released annually in time for 4th-quarter sales. 1974-75 were heady years for Mego and multiple lines were released.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Type Two
      Career Member
      • Sep 20, 2010

You could map it out using Holcombe's book; all the information is in there. However, it is not organized according to the topic of your inquiry, so you would have to do all the work in organizing the dates yourself.
      Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Type Two
        You could map it out using Holcombe's book; all the information is in there. However, it is not organized according to the topic of your inquiry, so you would have to do all the work in organizing the dates yourself.
        Thanks I have Ben's book but wasn't talking about just the WGSH lines, I meant that plus all the TV properties etc to get a sense of which figures from which lines were released in Q1 1974, etc. Figured it was a longshot but if someone had done it, then it would probably be someone here.

Comment

• silveralex
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 22, 2012

Maybe the Bonavita book has that info? (I have one somewhere)

Comment

• rchatlin
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 24, 2001

If you want to play detective, check out the Museum's archive of Price Sheets - that would be a good first step.

r
            o
            b

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎