• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

No two packs until October.

According to their Facebook page.
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula
  • Wise4671
    Banned
    • Aug 11, 2007

I have been expecting mine to show up in the mail any day now. I didn't think we were supposed to be charged until they were ready to ship not to mention that I got emailed like 2 weeks ago saying it was shipped?

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I thought these were "in stock"
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

on the site it says early October.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

As an online merchant, I can tell you that it is against the credit card companies regulations to charge people if the product is not ready to ship. It isn't technically illegal, but the credit card companies don't like it.

I am thinking they needed some cash, charged everyone and the automated product shipped emails went out. Then they said the truck was delayed and they would ship next week, now it's October.. which is when they originally said they would arrive in the first place isn't it?

Plus they started selling the Bat accessories individually at the same time... they needed cash.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

it's amazing how "all of sudden" they got delayed again

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
              As an online merchant, I can tell you that it is against the credit card companies regulations to charge people if the product is not ready to ship. It isn't technically illegal, but the credit card companies don't like it.

I am thinking they needed some cash, charged everyone and the automated product shipped emails went out. Then they said the truck was delayed and they would ship next week, now it's October.. which is when they originally said they would arrive in the first place isn't it?

Plus they started selling the Bat accessories individually at the same time... they needed cash.
              I was told in confidence what the cause of the delay was but this is completely off base.

Comment

• Wise4671
                Banned
                • Aug 11, 2007

Were you told in confidence as to why they charged us when they did not have the figures in hand and ready to ship like it says when we placed our orders? Also did they tell you as to why they sent out bogus e-mails that told us our items have been shipped? I don't think this should be told in confidence this should be a public statement as to why they are being deceptive.

Comment

• Boxheadman
                  • Jul 24, 2014

I really don't think there are any black helicopters. It's common for retailers to charge your card just before we ship. They thought they were getting the product in or they would not have told you otherwise. They likely wanted to ship as soon as possible and get all of their ducks in a row. The first step, is charging your card. If you honestly think they are so hard-up for money that they are desperately charging your cards to run on enough fumes to get them by, then there is no reason to talk about the future of their product as they will be bankrupt in a few months. Relax.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    I was told in confidence what the cause of the delay was but this is completely off base.
                    It actually doesn't matter what the ' secret cause' of the delay was, the facts remain that they charged people before they were able to ship the product, which is against the agreements merchants make with the credit card companies and they sent out emails stating that the product was shipped. Those two things are 'on base.' So the question would be, why? Which makes more sense, some secret cause that is given to you in confidence or that they needed money?

Technically if Mastercard and Visa caught wind of it they would make them refund the money until the product could be shipped or they could lose their registration with them.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Wise4671
                      Banned
                      • Aug 11, 2007

Originally posted by Boxheadman
                      I really don't think there are any black helicopters. It's common for retailers to charge your card just before we ship. They thought they were getting the product in or they would not have told you otherwise. They likely wanted to ship as soon as possible and get all of their ducks in a row. The first step, is charging your card. If you honestly think they are so hard-up for money that they are desperately charging your cards to run on enough fumes to get them by, then there is no reason to talk about the future of their product as they will be bankrupt in a few months. Relax.
                      I don't really give a crap if they are hard up for money or not. They are a business and stated that your card will be charged when the product is ready to ship. The second thing is they sent out emails straight away saying that the items have been shipped. If you want to talk about the future of a company the future should be built on trust once you loose that it is a hard thing to get back. Instead of telling people to relax maybe you should let us in on what is really going on you may find out that we can be pretty understanding when we are kept in the loop. And if you don't know or don't work for FTC then don't be telling anyone to relax.

Comment

• Boxheadman
                        • Jul 24, 2014

I never claimed to be speaking on behalf of anyone. Just speaking as a fellow retailer. We process hundreds of orders per day. We don't have time to craft an email for each individual customer to notify them when their order has shipped. Our shipping notification emails are on an automated system scheduled to go out the moment a shipping label is produced. FTC likely has a similar automated system tied to billing. I am speculating just like you so take my opinion for what it is worth, not much.

Comment

• Wise4671
                          Banned
                          • Aug 11, 2007

Kind of did that from the start. I'm not speculating anything everything I stated is actual fact. Read the post that I myself posted. I made no accusations what so ever I only stated that FACT 1 credit cards were charged before product was ready to ship (which they should not have been per THERE pre order policy) 2 I got an email stating that everything they charged me for was shipped out. So as you can see this is NOT speculation but fact you however are speculating. You called me out telling me to relax. If you have nothing but SPECULATION to add then don't call me out you don't know me I do not speak with you on this site or in the real world. It's members like yourself that is ruining this site for me personally. People cant seem to post anything anymore without some " know it all" trying to "speculate" what's going on. Just speak facts .

Comment

• Boxheadman
                            • Jul 24, 2014

Only trying to help friend. Didn't expect to be met with such hostility. Sorry I got you all worked up. Wasn't my intention.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I think it's pretty evident someone down the production chain fed them some bad communication on availability. And in their haste to capitalize on an early release to please their base, they made a knee jerk decision to start processing orders. I doubt there is anyone who would like a redo more than them right now. I see no upside to what happened. For me, I'm glad they identified the problem, owned up to the mistake, and said so on their social page. I also like the fact they didn't try to roll someone under the bus like another company does. They took ownership. It's a system filled with human interaction so mistakes do happen. Now depending on how you paid for these items, you were either already charged when you first pre-ordered it or are among those who were accidentally charged before availability. Their customer service has always been excellent. If being charged now does not work for some here, call them up. Past experience has shown me, they work hard for customer satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎