X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

FTC Knights

Has anyone bought these recently? Do all the knight helmets run small? Maybe I have some old ones and the new ones are bigger. I put the Lancelot helmet on a mint Mego Lancelot head and it tore the paint off. Even though this was an extra head I had, I wasnt happy about it. And the Galahad helmet I have pulled the paint off the FTC head that it came with. No way it will go on the Mego head. I tried to slice a little out of the back of the Galahad helmet, but it broke in half. Just thought I would ask before I buy some more. This was supposed to be a quick weekend project.
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

I got some a couple months ago and am sure it's all old stock.
    The bodies are nowhere near the quality of the newer stuff.
    As for the heads I've had the paint come off when they just bump each other.
    The paint quality is poor at best,ive repainted most of my own.
    The armour is brittle and helmets and shoulder pads break easily.
    The knight suits are very tight if you can even get it on a castaway or doc body.
    I feel your pain I've been working on some knight customs for awhile now.
    Good luck.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

They FTC versions are smaller than mego. That includes outfits and accessories.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

They were the first thing I ever bought from them back when they came out. I was very disapointed, they are smaller, the heads on mine were squishy and not like Mego heads and the armor seemed brittle and cheap. It even had the little wings of plastic along the seams as if it was poorly molded, or in the very least not trimmed. Basically after buying them I wrote them off as cheap knock-offs of the original Mego Knights, like dollar store megos. I assumed all of "Classic TV Toys" product was like that and didn't buy anything else until the DC stuff started selling. The DC stuff is far superior to the old product. Like night and day difference.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• MysteryWho
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 16, 2008

Yep, the knights are basically junk. I bought a set just for parts. You can get some use out of their chainmail suits and other bits, depending on what you need it for. It's all stuff from back when they were CTVT. Buying the doc mego helmets is the only choice for those pieces.
          Last edited by MysteryWho; Aug 26, '14, 9:29 AM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I was lucky I guess. I had no problems with the Black Knight parts I bought.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

i bought these knights when they came out,i just leave them in the box,or they will fall apart,as someone stated before,its like night and day about
              quality.the stuff that came out 10 years or so ago was awful,today its batastic quality,thats why i buy so much of their product,ill be putting
              one of their kids through college i am sure

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

I bought the CTVT toys Super Knights around 7 years ago. The armor is crap, glued together not snap together. The bodies are crap. The heads are a little soft compared to original Megos. I put the CTVT heads and outfits on Doc Mego bodies. I never bothered re-attaching the armor.
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎