X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

Apes Lawgiver ideas??

I would really like mego scale version of the "Lawgiver" statue. I know there is a collectible statue out there but it is like 18" tall and costs close to 300 bucks. I simply can't afford that. The girl-friend would kill me.

Can/would anybody be interested in doing an affordable resin one say 7" to 9" tall for folks here? I am sure I would not be the only person interested. I could paint it myself. I just can't sculpt. And it would have to be more affordable. I will pay for quality, but I still need to eat.

Jessica, You have some nice sculpting skills.

Maybe there is something already out that I don't know about.
    If my idea sucks let me know. It won't hurt my feelings.

Any thoughts??
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

I've thought for a long time that'd be great...I wonder about starting with a Zauis head as a base.
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Can't somebody expand the ultra detail figures from medicom? I think that's the best way to go and the cheapest.

And, I really really wish I could sculpt, but I can't! I have never done anything beyond hair or glyphs...but one of these days I want to try...
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Using the Sideshow statue would be good, but I'd prefer something less detailed and more Megolike myself.

Of course, they might have just given you an illustrated stand-up on laminated chipboard, but a molded one would be awesome.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
          • Oct 8, 2007

You're right about the chipboard for sure. I can picture it right now. On the down side, depending on the day, Mego might have given him a crazy silkscreened tuxedo with white frills, or bright red pants. I don't want to see that. LOL

I am definately thinking molded. I think that if Mego had done one, they would have used a zauis head for sure. I like the sideshow body and table with scrolls. Megolike hands. Maybe even one of the slightly modified ape heads I have seen floating around.
          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
            You're right about the chipboard for sure. I can picture it right now. On the down side, depending on the day, Mego might have given him a crazy silkscreened tuxedo with white frills, or bright red pants. I don't want to see that. LOL

I am definately thinking molded. I think that if Mego had done one, they would have used a zauis head for sure. I like the sideshow body and table with scrolls. Megolike hands. Maybe even one of the slightly modified ape heads I have seen floating around.
            OK. I'll try to start one using your ideas. I never thought to try to sculpt the lawgiver, but why not? You've got to start somewhere!! So how tall should the statue of the Lawgiver be?

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

I was thinking you could use one of those AHI Heads because they are slightly strange. The thing about the hands if you made em they way they really are they'd be different from the Mego hands. Maybe some Type 1 hands with hair added for that primative look.

Want it molded AND Megolike? Mold it in Blue.

Naw, brown would be good.

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

Statues, Sculptures, Resin Kits These guys made the real deal.

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Scott, this is exciting! Great photos to work off of...forgot about Apemania. And the Lawgiver looks stylized enough so maybe I could wing it...

To do list:

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

Based on those tables you made I have nothing but confidence!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                      • Oct 8, 2007

I had originally thought about 9" so that he is more imposing. But maybe he is standing on a rock or something. I don't know. I like the ideas from MegoScott afa hands and head.

Jess, you seem to be a big POTA fan so follow your inspiration and instinct you did a nice job bringing out Ziras personaliy with the hair mod. You have my confidence.

I would go for something that combines Movie accurate and Megolike.

I am excited. Thanks for leaping in head first on this. You guys all rock.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

What about the "Lawngiver" statue that Toyfare used on one of their back pages? They used whatever Lawgiver statue they got ahold of and Photoshopped a lawn sprinkler on top of his head. Maybe figure out what they used and go from there.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                          • Oct 8, 2007

Interesting, got a pic?? I will search.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                            • Oct 8, 2007

Jessica, I did find this if it helps any.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SSC_POTA_Lawgiver.asp

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

I'm printing these out for references and mentally process it, but I'm definitely going to work on it. I am just so crazy about that movie that I have to at least try this project.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎