X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megodarryl
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 31, 2006

They're planning Harry Potter??

At the bottom of the home page, after the company history, they include Harry Potter in their list. I'm not a huge HP fan, but I'd love to see how they handle these.
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

Don't see anything myself, got a link?

Comment

• megodarryl
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jan 31, 2006

I still haven't learned how to post pics or links- but it's in the fine print, at the bottom of the CTVT page

Comment

• Mego Magyar
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

Ok, found it - interesting. Here is the quote.

"Classic Tv Toys started making retro MEGO type 8 inch action figures in 2005. The Lines included Mad Monsters, Happy Days, Space 1999, Married with Children and Mad Clowns. Also introduced were Worlds Greatest lines of Robin Hood, Super Pirates, American West and Super Knights. We currently specialize 8 inch Retro Mego Batman, Batman 1966 TV Series, DC Comics, KISS, Harry Potter, Three Stooges, Tarzan, Conan, Evel Knievel, Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas Jr Ewing. We also have custom 8 inch bodies, boots, outfits and accessories for 8 inch Mego-type action figures.
        © 2014 Figures Toy Company"

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

This will be a LOT of fun!

Hopefully they will fix their humongo noggin problem by the time the figs come out next year.
          JediJaida

Comment

• plaztekman
            Career Member
            • Apr 27, 2008

I hope they're 6in.
            Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, I noticed that sometime last year when the Batman figures were first announced. But FTC has Been silent.

Maybe that's the line mickeymoose was suggesting in another thread. I know Potter is out of the main demographic of this forum, but there are a ton of Potter fans out there that might get interested in other 1/9 or 8" scale figures if they like the Potter figures. The more fans the more possible sales.

Personally, I like the books a lot and would buy many characters if they are done well. But for them to go over with Potter fans, the figures will have to look better than the RE Howard and Burroughs figures, imo.

I'd like to see the three main characters, Dumbledore, Voldermort and Snape.

Also would love to see 8" scale Lord of the Rings and Hobbit figures.
              Last edited by madmarva; Aug 11, '14, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Me too.
                JediJaida

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by magyar1964
                  Ok, found it - interesting. Here is the quote.

"Classic Tv Toys started making retro MEGO type 8 inch action figures in 2005. The Lines included Mad Monsters, Happy Days, Space 1999, Married with Children and Mad Clowns. Also introduced were Worlds Greatest lines of Robin Hood, Super Pirates, American West and Super Knights. We currently specialize 8 inch Retro Mego Batman, Batman 1966 TV Series, DC Comics, KISS, Harry Potter, Three Stooges, Tarzan, Conan, Evel Knievel, Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas Jr Ewing. We also have custom 8 inch bodies, boots, outfits and accessories for 8 inch Mego-type action figures.
                  © 2014 Figures Toy Company"
                  Munsters weren't listed?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Neither is I Love Lucy.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 11, 2014

[QUOTE=madmarva;1153137]Yeah, I noticed that sometime last year when the Batman figures were first announced. But FTC has Been silent.

Maybe that's the line mickeymoose was suggesting in another thread. I know Potter is out of the main demographic of this forum, but there are a ton of Potter fans out there that might get interested in other 1/9 or 8" scale figures if they like the Potter figures. The more fans the more possible sales.

Nope that's not the one I was speaking of..but get ready for more Movie inspired lines and one very big one you'll love. And yes way bigger than Harry Potter.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

BIGGER than Harry Potter??? Let me see, that could be anything from the Avengers, to Thor, to Guardians of the Galaxy, to Iron Man I, II, and III to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to whatever else is coming out.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

STAR WARS!

Maybe like Hot Toys FTC worked a deal with Disney for NEW Star Wars movies 2015 and beyond and Original Trilogy and Prequels! Hot Toys has 12" figures and FTC can have 8"!

Mickey, when will FTC start announcing these NEW licenses?

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

I was thinking Star Wars too. Which if that does come to pass, makes you wonder how FTC missed on Marvel and/or why DST & EMCE are being punished with the licensing restrictions they were given with Marvel ReMegos. It's not like Star Wars doesn't have enough lines -- 3.75", 6" Legends style, 1/6 Scale, etc.

But again, all those are questions to ask IF the new big movie license is Star Wars. And as much as I loved Lord of the Rings, has there been a bigger movie of this type besides Star Wars? I'm not sure I would put LOTR above Harry Potter. Certainly not way bigger.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Harry Potter is a smart move to bring in some younger collectors to the mego world instead of us old farts. LOL
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎