Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • figureaddicted
    • Jun 29, 2014

Older CTVT questions

I've have a few plans for doing some "comic book" panel type mini stories using Mego/ReMego figures as the stars. Basically with WGSH and Star Trek stories as the focus. I recently downloaded one of those apps that allows you to create and customize word balloons in classic comic style. Anyway, i would love to augment these ideas with other Mego/ReMegos that would work within these sstories. I have seen plenty of these type of characters done by CTVT in their earlier days. However i remember reading some mixed ,to say the least , reviews about them way back when. I've also heard that CTVT eventually marginally improved some of those qualms. My main question is, were/are they ok enough to hold up to relatively simple poses. A few may require me to do some more dynamic stuff, but for the most part i just need them for simplistic posing during dialogue exchange. Like say hand/elbow bending and some head movement. Can anyone say if they are up to that or are they just too fragile? Additionally, if any of their products were indeed improved, which lines got the upgrade?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

That's an awful lot to ask. Early ones are still breaking in the packages as this is written. Some of the early ones are too fragile to stand untouched in their packages. But switching out the bodies is easy...

Comment

• nobody
      banjo!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Mind posting this word balloon program?

Comment

• figureaddicted
        • Jun 29, 2014

http:// https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fueneco.talking.photos&hl=en&referr er=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26ut m_term%3Dphototalks+app&pcampaignid=APPU_RH3eU8foJ YeeyASBn4CIDg

I believe this is the direct link. Keep in mind its for android phones, so how this applies to everyone will vary. Its been quite useful for several little one off pics I've made with minimates and 7" inchers. The idea all along was for me to apply this to make mini comic style adventures for figures and i truly believe the 8" Mego style is the most lending to this. I may have to go the route of switching bodies as mentioned above, as some of those Space 1999 figures would be great for a couple Star Trek stories i have in mind.

Comment

• figureaddicted
          • Jun 29, 2014

Photo_talks_1407091620820.jpg

Here is the first panel of a comedy based mini story i did just for fun. The ones i intend to do in the future are certainly more serious. But im sharing this just to give you an idea of the look of the apps qualities.

But, back to topic, if any of the CTTV stuff like Space 1999,Super Knights, or even the Pirates or Robin Hood lines are reasonably able to pose without the horror of leprosy, please let me know.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Yes, some of them can be posed and not fall apart, but some of the will fall apart. It's hit and miss with them. You just never know.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎