X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeWantMegos
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 4, 2010

My hands keep falling off my Batman and Robin figures

The hands keep falling off the batman and Robin figures from the FTC toy line. If I just leave them on the shelf, then no problem. But if my kids play with very carefully they fall off.

This is for both Batman and Robin.

I can easily put them back off but we've almost lost their hands a few times.

Having said that...the figures are great to look at. Very beautiful to look at.
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I believe there is a thread here that talks about how to get them on the hand pegs a bit better than they were put on at the factory. Maybe someone else can jump in here and then, maybe it can be put into the stick thread at the top of this forum.

EDIT: Here it is...

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
    ...just a quick heads up for those with a problem with the gloves falling off the 66 bats ,when doing a body swap ,bikin 89 bats body ,the only swivel arm figure i have ,i noticed the ball pegs on the wrists were pushed in too far on my bats figure ,boiling water and a couple of minutes later i left them sticking out a little more ,no more falling hands ,when the wrist cools the pegs stay in place perfectly well and hold the glove on great ,would imagine this would be the same fix for robin
    Last edited by TRDouble; Jul 30, '14, 9:16 PM.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 4, 2010

Thanks for the info.

Is it necessary to do a body swap. Or can i just do something to make them stay on? Any downsides to gluing them? (I don't need their wrists to pivot.)

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

If you do the above, it is not a body swap. It is just pulling the wrist pegs down a bit so it goes further into the glove for a better fit. I would suggest that since you want to keep the same body, try softening the area with a hair dryer instead of boiling water. That way you do not have to strip him down (or partially strip him) to dip the arm into the water.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

yeah like TR says just warm the wrist section and pull the pegs out a little ,and the gloves stay on great ,when the wrist cools the pegs stay put where you left them ,no need to glue them ,make a great figure perfect and your kids should have no problem with them ,great to hear of these toys getting into the hands and hearts of kids ,magic ,just wondered if there is any chance of these 66 figure hitting mass retail in time for the dvd tv show release, in maybe stripped down non collector friendly packaging, a header card and bag or regular blister card ,non clamshell packaging would surely trim a few $$s of the costs overall and make them a great stocking filler /impulse buy for parents and grand parents who remember the mego format fondly and the tv show,would be great to see a end cap display of these figures along side the dvd blu ray display and kids getting these at christmas

Comment

• MeWantMegos
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 4, 2010

Thanks to you both for patiently explaining this to me. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
              yeah like TR says just warm the wrist section and pull the pegs out a little ,and the gloves stay on great ,when the wrist cools the pegs stay put where you left them ,no need to glue them ,make a great figure perfect and your kids should have no problem with them ,great to hear of these toys getting into the hands and hearts of kids ,magic ,just wondered if there is any chance of these 66 figure hitting mass retail in time for the dvd tv show release, in maybe stripped down non collector friendly packaging, a header card and bag or regular blister card ,non clamshell packaging would surely trim a few $$s of the costs overall and make them a great stocking filler /impulse buy for parents and grand parents who remember the mego format fondly and the tv show,would be great to see a end cap display of these figures along side the dvd blu ray display and kids getting these at christmas
              I have no doubt that the price could be trimmed to under 20 if they would do away with the clamshells. At least offer them both ways or in boxes. Anything to save the take it out package collector some waste of materials.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Retail stores don't want to carry stripped-down packaging because of loss prevention. The heavy plastic and twist ties and double bubbles on figures are more about keeping people from opening the packages in stores than esthetics.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎