Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • figureaddicted
    • Jun 29, 2014

Broken MOC Robin

So the FTC wave 1 Robin i won on ebay.....listed as MINT and MOC ( it actually is MOC) arrived today with his entire right arm laying at the bottom of the package. The seller of course swears it was not like that when it shipped. Ive never had to do repair on FTC or vintage Megos before. Im not even certain if it is repairable actually. If anyones had this trouble with wave 1 Robin , id appreciate any suggestions.
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

File a claim with paypal. eBay/paypal generally supports the buyer.

Comment

• megomania
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 2, 2010

Sucks. If you need a new mint one lemme know. The one I had on eBay last week didn't sell.

- Chris

Comment

• Wasimhosen
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 23, 2011

My Batman and Robin from wave 1 were like that. I just contacted FTC and had new bodies in a few days.

Comment

• VinMan
          Career Member Mego Maniac
          • Sep 6, 2012

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
          My Batman and Robin from wave 1 were like that. I just contacted FTC and had new bodies in a few days.
          Alot were like that. Not the sellers fault. FTC is awesome and stands by their product. Call em up and get a new body....

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

I would return it to the seller - file a claim.

these believe it or not are not a real easy fix.
            the arm is shot now, the hook ate through the plastic. So not sure it is worth your headache.

the flip side is - odds are the seller will beat you out of the return shipping fees.
            but I would file a claim, and fight paypal for the return shipping.

you should not have to eat that money.
            also I would not open it!! If you do - odds are he will say you broke it in the claim.
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• figureaddicted
              • Jun 29, 2014

Its still sealed. I would think it happened during shipping, however, this guy is claiming i contacted him the day the item shipped and asked to cancel it......ive never cancelled anything ive won on ebay. 100% positive feedback to prove it. At any rate ,this is why i feel like something fishy os going on. Hes making stuff up rather than trying to show any sort of inclination to work with me. I admit the odds are more in favor of a shipping snafu since the packing job was poor. And if so, that kind of scares me off the wave 1 bats and riddler i still need. But , I'll take this as the exception and not the rule, and still buy them at some point. So the next question is, if i get stuck with this , are the bodies FTC sells good quality to transport the head and clothes over to? I heard mixed reviews of them prior to the WGSH relaunch last year.

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

That wave of figures was prone to having arms loose in the package. Some combination of rubber bands too tight and plastic too soft caused the metal hooks attached to the rubber bands to rip through the plastic. It's a possibility that the arm was mostly loose or already loose (but still in place) when it was shipped and the vibration of shipping finally caused it to break free. Either way, that stinks.

Reports are that the newer FTC bodies are better. I just received a new teen sized body yesterday from them. It wasn't very good, so I can't confirm that.

Your best bet is to contact their customer service. Since you didn't buy from them directly, I'm not sure what their response will be.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by figureaddicted
                  Its still sealed. I would think it happened during shipping, however, this guy is claiming i contacted him the day the item shipped and asked to cancel it......ive never cancelled anything ive won on ebay. 100% positive feedback to prove it. At any rate ,this is why i feel like something fishy os going on. Hes making stuff up rather than trying to show any sort of inclination to work with me. I admit the odds are more in favor of a shipping snafu since the packing job was poor. And if so, that kind of scares me off the wave 1 bats and riddler i still need. But , I'll take this as the exception and not the rule, and still buy them at some point. So the next question is, if i get stuck with this , are the bodies FTC sells good quality to transport the head and clothes over to? I heard mixed reviews of them prior to the WGSH relaunch last year.
                  The bodies from the first two Batman waves are too tight, the bodies from Batman Wave 3 on are just fine.

Comment

• figureaddicted
                    • Jun 29, 2014

Yeah i have no qualms with my wave 3 figures at all. I just hope the FTCs generic bodies are good enough to basically transport that Robin onto. Are FTCs heads compatible with Emce bodies? I may go that route if necessary.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by figureaddicted
                      Yeah i have no qualms with my wave 3 figures at all. I just hope the FTCs generic bodies are good enough to basically transport that Robin onto. Are FTCs heads compatible with Emce bodies? I may go that route if necessary.
                      I got one of the generic FTC bodies back when they first announced the licenses to see if the new bodies were improved over the old CTVT days, and I haven't had it rip through the shoulder joint as yet. The Emce bodies are better made overall, but I had started avoiding them because all the loose bodies I'd gotten have a left hip joint that sticks out noticeably farther than the right, and it looks wonky with a super-hero costume on it (it would probably be fine for something like the Dukes where there's no stretchy costume involved). That may have been fixed, though, as it's been a while since I got one.

Honestly, even with the weak knee joint, I've found the old Mego bodies are still better made and more easily posed than either of the newer choices.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎