X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

NECA Why No Females Yet?

I know Neca has not come out with too many figures yet and the ones that have come out there are even less humans but why haven't we seen any females yet? Give us Ripley in 8" or how about an 8" Nova?

They already have a body that they used for Broomhilda! I said this in another thread but I for one hope they focus on a full line with these 8" figs. I am talking about a full POTA line or Alien so we can get more normal looking human figures!
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Nova would be great!
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

Nova would be Fantastic! I am hoping for some more Retro 8" Planet of the Apes "reveals" from SDCC. If not I am thinking/hoping there will be more eventually. Better sooner than later.

Comment

• mpramuk
        Museum Patron
        • Nov 24, 2007

I vote loudly for PotA Nova!
        Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
        Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

Nova and Ripley would be instant pre-orders for me the moment they're offered.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

A Ripley would be great but no rush, practically, every Retro-Cloth figure NECA is making is a "must have" for me.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I sure hope an 8 inch Nova is coming from NECA. That would be awesome.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Yep, those are all great suggestions, in the SF section.
                I'd first have to see their female sculpts, though. I wasn't fond of BBP female figures, they're not easy, especially ones like Nova (with little clothes on)...

I wonder, for their modern horror icons lines, could they include some female ones?
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• dee T.
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 25, 2012

A retro style Ripley OMG, that would seriously kick some major alien butt.
                  Clothes make the doll

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Considering the sheer amount of licenses nECA has, they can really knock out some awesome female figures for their Retro lines:

Carrie
                    Ripley from Alien/Aliens
                    Female Cenobite from Hellraiser
                    Baby from House of 1,000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects
                    Sarah Connor from Terminator
                    Laurie Strode from Halloween & Nancy from Nightmare on Elm Street - 'cause where would Michael Myers and Freddy Kruger be without the ladies to chase through the first 2/3 of their respective movies, only for said ladies to throw the bad guys a beating by the movies' end?

Also, I see NECA has the Twilight and Hunger Games licenses. Neither of them is in my wheelhouse, but, hey, other folks here are into 'em, so why not do figures for them as well?
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Sarah Connor would be cool.
                      Which would mean we'd get Terminators, too!
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎