X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Could FTC make 1/4 18" Marvel figures?

I just thought of this. Could FTC get license for 1/4 18" Marvel cloth costumed figures?
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Now that Sideshow announced its 1/6 Marvel figures at SDCC and DST/EMCE has 8" Marvel I am still wondering if FTC could get license for 1/4 Marvel figures?

Mickey, has FTC considered this?

More Mighty Marvels the Merrier!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
      I just thought of this. Could FTC get license for 1/4 18" Marvel cloth costumed figures?
      The price point and it would take so much room to display. I'd pass.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 11, 2014

Now that Sideshow announced its 1/6 Marvel figures at SDCC and DST/EMCE has 8" Marvel I am still wondering if FTC could get license for 1/4 Marvel figures?

Mickey, has FTC considered this?

More Mighty Marvels the Merrier!

That's a negatory good buddy, and If I say anymore I'll be hunted down like John Wilkes Booth!

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

So, does FTC have ANYTHING Marvel planned, Mickey?

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

something's up

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

something's up
              I bet it isn't. I do wish FTC had the Marvel 8" license, I think the best-case scenario with ECME is we get about 3-4 of the Marvel Megos done, and then get a buncha 'new' filler figures. The license is way too restrictive for it to go very far.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

DST/EMCE has 8" Marvel, but could FTC do another Marvel scale like Sideshow is doing 12" Marvel?

I just wish DST/EMCE had FREEDOM with Marvel like FTC does with DC! Endless possibilities!

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

DST/EMCE has 8" Marvel, but could FTC do another Marvel scale like Sideshow is doing 12" Marvel?

I just wish DST/EMCE had FREEDOM with Marvel like FTC does with DC! Endless possibilities!
                  Yeah the license restrictions and price point really kills the interest IMO.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    Yeah the license restrictions and price point really kills the interest IMO.
                    killed mine for sure.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• willykfg
                      Museum Patron
                      • Apr 24, 2010

Killed mine too. Why buy 1 Marvel figure when you can get 2 or 3 DC ones for the same price. I'd rather Emce do the Marvel figures without all the accessories and such.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

I am disappointed that the DST/EMCE Marvel sets borrow from Captain Action! A repro Mego Marvel and 2 extra outfits for $80? It probably wouldn't be as bad if it was 3 COMPLETE figures! 3 FTC DC Megos cost $75. I know Sideshow 1/6 Marvel figures will be about $200 each like DC but at least Sideshow can make ANY Marvel character and sell INDIVIDUALLY!

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

With Marvel Legends and Marvel Select figures priced at $18 and up, Hasbro and Diamond do not want a competing Marvel product on the market near their price range. It's why the conditions or cost of the license stipulates or requires such a high "collector's" price and limited run.

Doc Mego has explained that Emce would have liked to have produced single characters in a more competitive price range but it wasn't going to happen. The Captain Action or Action Jackson approach was added to provide more value for the price.

The situation is certainly not ideal for the consumer or Emce, but it was either this price point or not do the figures. I'm glad the online retailers are giving a price break on the set so that with shipping the figures aren't as close to a $100 purchase.

I really like the Peter Parker head and outfit. It would be difficult to buy a custom Parker figure of that quality for $69 plus you get the two extra spider suits and heads.

I really like the Cap set. The updated uniform is all I could ask for in a Cap suit. I'm hoping some will want to trade or sell the Steve Rogers military uniform because I'd like to make some members of the Howling Commandoes and the Easy co.

But, yeah, I'd be more excited about the line if it was just a figure with proper accessories at a lower price point.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

The biggest problem I see with the EMCE 3-packs (besides the price point) is that it splits the markets for the figures. You have 3 markets:

1 - Those that want all 3 figures

2 - Those that want the retro Mego figure only

3 - Those that want the new figures only

If you are #1, then the $80 price point probably works for you. If you are in #2 or #3, it probably doesn't. I am in #2 only, for the most part. So if I buy any of these I have to turn around and put the new figures on eBay and hope I can recoup enough to get the cost for me down to $25-30 for the Mego retro figure I keep. Which with ebay fees, probably won't happen. So I will likely end up best-case scenario paying $35-40 for one Mego repro figure.

For a Thor or Iron Man, I might go for it, but probably not for a Spiderman or Cap. If these were priced in line with the FTC figures I would be all over every Marvel they did at $25, no questions asked.

I will be really surprised if this line gets past the 4 scheduled figures. I just don't see the demand being there.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

DSTZach said there are a lot of sets in the works and the response from retailers has been good and DST has ADDED to its original plan. There MAY be more than 4 sets per year.

I would not have minded the set model from the start if there were 3 COMPLETE figures- 3 bodies in each set for $80, because 3 FTC DC Megos cost $75.

FTC just released ALL 4 original Mego 7" Teen Titans which blew my mind! What if DST/EMCE could do the same with 1975 New X-Men in 2015 for 40th anniversary? Individually carded?! We're getting a Wolverine set but not ALL X-Men work for the 3 costumes framework or can sell for $80!

I just bought a Retro Marvel wall poster from Wal-Mart that has 60s and 70s versions of Spider-Man, Hulk, Avengers, Fantastic 4, and X-Men! I'd love to have Mego 8" figures of EVERY character on the poster! Maybe I will with Sideshow NEW 1/6 Marvel figures but not DST/EMCE Marvel Megos.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎