Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What playsets/vehicles would you like to see FTC produce?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toystasher
    • Jul 18, 2014

What playsets/vehicles would you like to see FTC produce?

I like FTC's new Re-Mego figures but I'd really love it if FTC (or someone else) would produce at least a few playsets/vehicles in order to re-create that old Mego excitement of walking into a toy store and seeing all of the options for play. I'm just wondering what playsets/vehicles others would like to see produced if FTC ever decided to do so. My first vote is for the Hall of Justice, followed by a Batcave. I'd love to see another Batmobile (preferably based on the 1966 TV series, if it can be produced with rolling wheels), Batman's crime lab, or a Jokermobile. The original Mego playsets/vehicles are pretty scarce and incredibly expensive, but the cost of producing these toys is understandably restrictive. Does any company dare to reproduce anything like them ever again?
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

Anything from the 66 line.

They could do a cool Batcave with a Wayne Manor upstairs.
    I'd take a 66 Batmobile even if the wheels didn't roll.
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Hall of Justice, Hall of Doom, Fortress of Solitude, Batcave, Batmobile, Invisble Jet.

Comment

• Toystasher
        • Jul 18, 2014

A Batcave/Wayne Manor combo would be awesome! The best of both worlds. At this point., we can only hope for something like that. I like the Dida Display combo set (can't remember the name of it right now), but something like that would be so cool. As a matter of fact, if no one else decides to produce playsets again, I might consider buying one.

Comment

• Vinny0026
          Year Five!!
          • Jan 26, 2012

you gotta have a 66 batmobile.

I wish the mattel one was just a pinch larger.
          It still displays great with them, you can squish the figures in it.

batcave, batmobile, Batlab for sure
          Hall of justice, jokermobile/van would also be great

and everyone needs a green arrow car!

would be great if they also do aquaman and the great white shark
          "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• figureaddicted
            • Jun 29, 2014

I'm probably just gonna have to save up the scratch for a vintage Batcave and Batmobile, but for the love of all thats good i hope we can at least see the Mobile Crime Lab and the Joker Van get repro love somehow.

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

Seems nobody makes playsets anymore. Maybe each figure should come with a piece which could be combined with the other pieces in a set to build a display or playset of some kind.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                Year Five!!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                Seems nobody makes playsets anymore. Maybe each figure should come with a piece which could be combined with the other pieces in a set to build a display or playset of some kind.
                that is a great idea - like how the hall of justice came with the young justice figures.
                problem for some will be that the cost per figure will go up - and some will not be happy with that.(especially if they do not care about the pieces)

The way around that could be an easy fix: sell 2 sets of each wave. 1 set will have the build a cave. The others will not

other problem is: you will have to grab all the figures that come with the parts in order to complete the set and some people are only on board for a few figures out of each wave.

the biggest problem they told me they have with this stuff is the tooling/ making and molding of each part.
                I think he told me once it would cost some where between 3o-50k to tool out the Batmobile or maybe even the crime lab

He never confirmed if they would be made or not - but it was clear he is looking into it.

plus it would still cost x amount to produce each piece

so when you do the math - it would be very expensive to make these things.
                and on the retail side you have to be looking at 75 bucks and up.

IMO - I have no problem paying 75 for a batmobile
                I bought the mattel one as a stand in for 65.00 on sale I think it was normally 75.00.(matter of fact I bought a 2nd one like 2 months ago)

It will just depend on how it looks before I can say I will buy it or not. hate the fact it won't have working wheels if it does happen - but odds are that will not stop me from getting one.

I had the batlab/crimelab when I was a kid. I would love to own one again - but beat up incomplete versions go for over 100 easy. So if that came in at a good price - I would be down for one of those as well.

playsets were great for us growing up - I had mego batcave and hall of justice,
                I also had every star wars playset. I thought they were great.

I guess the biggest issue with playsets is the amount of room they take up. Might be a reason why they do not sell well and why most retail figures do not make any.
                I know for me it will be hard to devote that kind of space - these are large items we are talking about. (batlab or a wayne foundation)

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

The Mattel Batmobile was only $49.99, until it proved popular and places started to jack up the price. And it was a solid piece of plastic, no opening doors or anything. I could not imaging how much a repro Crime Lab would cost!

As much as I would love a Wayne Manor, Batcave, Hall of Justice, etc., I just don't have the room for them. I keep eyeing the Star Trek Repro playset, but it would just be in a box in the attic with the other playsets that I have, wasting space and my money. I would probably splurge for vehicles, but they present space challenges as well. My Mattel Batmobile is still boxed up.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

If FTC would do a replica Hall of Justice and Batcave in REPLICA BOXES then I would be all over each for $100. The boxes are key just like the cards are. Having the replica Mego boxes really adds to the desirability of the piece to a lot of Mego collectors. This is one area where I don't think FTC fully understands, unless there are licensing restrictions from using the same design that Mego did that prevent it from happening.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

Mego WAYNE FOUNDATION never had it as kid! I would also like Mego Batcave, Batcycle (I used for Batgirl!), Jokermobile, etc! I wish FTC could work out Batmobile rights, can FTC make ANY VERSION of Batmobile besides TV/Mego version?

Hall of Justice for Super Friends line!

Comment

• Toystasher
                        • Jul 18, 2014

Although I was never a big fan of the Mego Star Trek Enterprise figures, I always thought the playset was cool, mostly because of the Transporter. It would be neat if a superhero playset could be made that incorporated that idea into it, somehow crossing it with the Translocation Chamber (sort of like the Mego Museum logo). I would be just as happy, maybe even more so, with an all-new playset as with a reproduction, as long as it was fun to fiddle around with. I see no reason not to take advantage of technological advances in creating a superior toy. Lights, sounds, etc...you name it....if it's cool and reasonably priced, I'm in. I can't imagine paying less than $150 for a Hall of Justice playset. Matty Collector is selling the Castle Grayskull for $300!!!!!! That seems a bit steep to me though.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

Here's what I was thinking, I purchased (via the earliest pre-order) MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL for $250 + s/h & its pretty big, solid w/ tons of sculpted details, crazy-arse paint apps, trap door, spring-loaded opening drawbridge (Jawbride lol), x2 seceret doors, DUNGEON w/ barred doors & real chains to connect to dungeon wall, Gun, Elevator, multiple solid floor pieces. This is all for an online only He-man toyline. So if they could swing that preorder price for $250 on a low production number big solid castle.......I can NOT imagine how MEGO reproduction playsets or flimsy plastic vehicles (or NEW designed playsets) that are printed color cardboar (heavy duty of course) in laminated plastic w/ some plastic parts & mechanisms could cost so much each unit for the customers. Of course it would cost a LOT of $$$ for FTC to TOOL the molds for everything, & I have no idea how many they can sell, But EMCE & DST did the STAR TREK ENTERPRISE (?: What was the original price on that? I waited)....you would think maybe as many, if not more people would buy a HOJ, Batcave, Batmobile, Batlab, Jokermobile, Bat Cycle (Black for Bats/Blue for Batgirl for me please!) & also a cool LoD (or generic BAD GUY base) ? But I really have NO IDEA about what numbers they would be able to sell! I would even use my EMCE/DST Enterprise for playing FTC Megos w/ my nephews now that I think about it! Oh & Toystasher.....believe me, as an adult, the ENTERPRISE transporter doesn't live up to the hype to me! It's hard to get the people in there, & when playing STAR TREK megos (all EMCE trek) w/ my x2 nephews....it is not at all fun "BEAMING DOWN" a landing party for an adventure....it's a painful horrific process lol!

Guys, I have heard The TOYROOM here does a mego-type BATCAVE.....where can I see one? & the Dida Display STATELY CAVERNS & full ENTERPRISE look AWESOME! Who does those again (which Scott?) & 1 more thing, anyone know the prices off hand for either the STATELY CAVERNS & especially TOYROOMS Batcave? If TOYROOMS Batcave is affordable I want to talk to him (want to anyways) as I live less than 20 minutes from his city!

*Toyroom, If U see this PM me! I'm in Utica, NY!
                          Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 21, '14, 6:17 PM.

Comment

• Toystasher
                            • Jul 18, 2014

Now that you mention it, I do remember trying to spin the Transporter at ungodly speeds,then having the figures separate from the hand holders and getting lodged in the chamber. Probably not the best design choice...LOL

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              The Mattel Batmobile was only $49.99, until it proved popular and places started to jack up the price. And it was a solid piece of plastic, no opening doors or anything. I could not imaging how much a repro Crime Lab would cost!

As much as I would love a Wayne Manor, Batcave, Hall of Justice, etc., I just don't have the room for them. I keep eyeing the Star Trek Repro playset, but it would just be in a box in the attic with the other playsets that I have, wasting space and my money. I would probably splurge for vehicles, but they present space challenges as well. My Mattel Batmobile is still boxed up.
                              I got one from target and one from toys r us - I never realized these were only 49.99 at some retail stores. Still at 65.00 I was still happy with them. I opened the first one to display with the figures. Than I grabbed a 2nd to remain in its plastic coffin.

I agree space is always an issue - I think if they made the batlab it would not be an issue for me as I would let the kids play with it. As a kid I had hours of fun with mine. So I will let them share the mego love. They have a few beater batmobiles and spider cars they play with. SO I would let them open it. to have some more mego fun

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎