• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

Conan properties more expensive?

Hey folks,

Please excuse if this was mentioned earlier ...

I am looking over my price list from Figures Toy Company and I am noticing the suggested retail price on the Conan figures is $5 higher than on the Tarzan and Batman '66 figures.

So I guess the Robert E Howard estate/company license is a bit more expensive?

Fist fighting Super Powers Series are also $29.99 but I can see that with the more complicated body.

- Marty
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I'm guessing the accessories, swords and what not. Just a guess, though.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

My thinking, as well; they are all heavier on molded plastic accessories than the other figures. Add in that there may be a lot fewer figures to spread the licensing costs across (compared to something like the DC license), as well. Not sure how extensive that license is (does it include Red Sonja or other Conan characters?).

Comment

• figureaddicted
        • Jun 29, 2014

Although the accessories are probably the culprit here, i wouldn't be surprised if Howards estate has a higher cost. I imagine we could see the same thing if FTC were to approach Chester Goulds estate for Dick Tracy figures in the future. I've heard they are very protective of that license

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

If anyone wants to know, Conan does comes with his Sword and Scabbard

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

That's good news. Hope Conan and Kull transfer well onto the original ZICA Body (No mismatched colors)

Originally posted by Teemu
            If anyone wants to know, Conan does comes with his Sword and Scabbard

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 11, 2014

Their loaded with very highly detailed costumes and extra's. Without going into much detail you guys have nailed it. Good Job!

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by nubee
                That's good news. Hope Conan and Kull transfer well onto the original ZICA Body (No mismatched colors)
                Conan will transfer super nice with Zicaway S Type body

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                  Their loaded with very highly detailed costumes and extra's. Without going into much detail you guys have nailed it. Good Job!
                  #1 - It's "they're"
                  B - there's no apostrophe in 'extras'
                  and
                  D - you have to be cryptic about this also? "Without going into much detail"? Is that b/c you don't have details? Or do you just like playing the cryptic game??

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by megomania
                    #1 - It's "they're"
                    B - there's no apostrophe in 'extras'
                    and
                    D - you have to be cryptic about this also? "Without going into much detail"? Is that b/c you don't have details? Or do you just like playing the cryptic game??
                    Ha! yeah I don't understand the secrecy....just tell us or don't say anything at all.Teasing only ****es your customers off

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

It is to cover the additional cost of plastic used for the heads!
                      Sorry, couldn't resist. My bad. Mind reading here, but mickeymoosemego probably meant that going into detail regarding the licensing would be, um, not such captivating info? I would imagine that is where the additional cost lies. The weapons wouldn't push the cost up that much(?). Those are parts they will be able to sell in the store for some time to come.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        It is to cover the additional cost of plastic used for the heads!
                        Sorry, couldn't resist. My bad. Mind reading here, but mickeymoosemego probably meant that going into detail regarding the licensing would be, um, not such captivating info? I would imagine that is where the additional cost lies. The weapons wouldn't push the cost up that much(?). Those are parts they will be able to sell in the store for some time to come.
                        the Conan head looks fine...its replicated from the original head....the other two,yeah they have Be-he bobble heads

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

My thinking is the cost increase may be due to the run only being three figures (plus accessories) instead of four, which likely made manufacturing higher. I imagine they get a better volume discount making four figures.

Comment

• Wise4671
                            Banned
                            • Aug 11, 2007

Could it also have anything to do with the new Conan movie coming out with the Rock in it?

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by MIB41
                              My thinking is the cost increase may be due to the run only being three figures (plus accessories) instead of four, which likely made manufacturing higher. I imagine they get a better volume discount making four figures.
                              I didn't think about the fact there is only x3 figures in that wave! That coupled w/ what mickey moose was saying w/ the more elaborate/detailed outfits + weapons makes sense! I just assumed it was due to a FINAL production number that is less than probably any of there other offerings. I figured their KISS, DC, BATS 66, Dukes, & other lines presumably have higher production numbers......going back to higher run = lower cost to produce. I'm betting it's a combo of all these reasons!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎