Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With 8" Wonder Woman figure pre-selling out will there be a WW LINE?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

With 8" Wonder Woman figure pre-selling out will there be a WW LINE?

With FTC 8" Wonder Woman pre-selling out I hope this leads to a Wonder Woman LINE or at least wave!

Everybody wants Lynda Carter WW TV figures, but until that's possible will there be a WW COMIC BOOK line?

UPDATED Wonder Woman- PRE-New 52 costume with double w emblem!

Cheetah- Still prefer Golden Age Priscilla Rich over Barbara Minerva!

Queen Hippolyta- George Perez version was best!

Steve Trevor- Military uniform like 12" Mego!

Ares- Perez version would be awesome!

Circe- Again Perez!

Artemis- Mike Deoto (sp?) version! or in WW costume!

Silver Swan- Perez again!
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Is it sold out? I can still add it to my cart at FTCs website.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

BBTS Wonder Woman pre-orders are SOLD OUT

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Other than Cheetah,Giganta and Angle Man,most of her good foes are too modern.

Comment

• mirrorman
          On Patrol
          • Jul 18, 2011

Hope there will be a WW line .. don't mind who else is there so long as Cheetah is one of the figures.

As for Lynda Carter TV WW .. YES PLEASE!!!

On an aside - That woman was born to play WW .. problem is she set the bar so high it is going to take some very special to follow her.

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

^^I agree jwy.....but Dr. Psycho is not a character I know a lot about....but on a CHILD Body I think he'd look COOL as Funk!

I've been hearing Silver Swan mentioned. I know she a villain....but does **** have a good pic or can write a few STATS/ bio about her? (# of appearances/era)? But otherwise I want that wave ....& Angleman needs his angler!

Comment

• plaztekman
              Career Member
              • Apr 27, 2008

Circe, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan & Ares
              circe.jpg
              Dr._Psycho.JPG
              silverswan.jpg
              ares.jpg
              Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• firestarcomics
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 19, 2014

Great lineup and I hope it happens because we need Wonder Woman!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Wonder Woman is going to be really hard to get past 1 wave. Since they've released WW already, they could do Alter-Egoes Diana Prince, Steve, Cheetah and one other villain. But that's about as deep as they could likely go from a sales POV. Worth remembering that the more obscure the character, less likely it gets made.

Comment

• dee T.
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 25, 2012

I want a Nubia and a Queen Hippolyte figure! I'm just not a big fan of the mego design wonder woman figure. The sculpt is cheap and weak looking and the her clothes are too much like pajamas. I prefer the mattel version design and sculpt much more.
                    Clothes make the doll

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I would love to see a Neal Adams Wonder Woman. My favorite would be George Perez though!!! I'd love to see a figure with a great costume, cape, sword and shield! Since they seem to have the Neal Adams licenses though, I'd be more than OK to buy several of those! I think an updated Wonder Woman would sell very well. I have a list of friends that would be getting WW for Christmas if it happened!

She just desperately needs a better head sculpt and costume than the mego version.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

On Facebook today someone asked "are there any plans for a Lynda Carter based Wonder Woman line?"

FTC replied "can't comment yet" followed by a smiley face

This must mean FTC is working on WW TV license, because FTC could have said "no" or "not now"

2015 is 40th anniversary of 1975 The New, Original Wonder Woman TV movie Lynda Carter's 1st appearance as WW so I hope there are FTC figures by then!

Comment

• melkorjunior
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 20, 2014

I have a problem seeing it going past one wave as well. I can see Artemis maybe being made, along with Cheetah, and a Diana Prince figure. Was Nubia a real Wonder Woman character or did Mego just make her up to give Wonder Woman someone to fight? Maybe a special version of Wonder Girl can be made to go with the WW line.

Steve Trevor would be a serious peg warmer. He'll just look like some random guy.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 11, 2014

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

Loving this hint!

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego

^^^ Mickey: "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" ---(Disclaimer: I HATE this song....but it's the 1st thing that popped in my head!)

My earliest childhood memories of my FAVORITE Toys included Mego: 8" Wonder Woman, CAH Wonder Woman w/ INVISIBLE PLANE & Exploding Tower Playset, & eventually my Mom talked my dad into letting me get the 1st Mego 12" WONDER WOMAN w/ Navy Uniform! Then finally when all of those were broken, I got a Wonder Woman 12" mego w/ the 2nd 70s outfit & different FULL WW costume (FLY AWAY I guess). *I think my brother HATED I had many many MALE megos as he did, but that I also had GIRLS TOYS: 3/4 Supergals (-Supergirl), Lt. Uhura, Dorothy & Toto, & BIG HEADED DAISY DUKE!) I was OBSESSED w/ Superfriends, Filmation: The New Adventures Of Batman & Robin, & most of all Batman 1966 re-runs & my weekly highlight WONDER WOMAN TV Show! Lynda Carter Wonder Woman (& a little later Debrah Winger as Wonder Girl) was my 1st BOY CRUSH! I LOVED her even more than the Superman 2 movie! My other first major crushes were Julie Newmar & Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, Yvonne Craig as BATGIRL (not Barbara...it was the "Titian" RED flipped wig TV Batgirl & MEGO Batgirl I loved)....& Finally I had a homemade (my Uncle was a costume/dress designer) TV ROBIN costume I wore all the time because I had a little boy crush on Burt Ward Robin as well! NO wonder I LOVED Megos & still love & collect Superhero Toys! I LOVE FTC! I hope they take this ONCE in a lifetime chance to repro the old megos & go further creating NEW AWESOME mego-like toys, & BLOW US ALL AWAY! I'm praying (seriously) that they get the HEAD SIZE scale issue permanently resolved & costumes tailored/designed as well as 66 Batman & Robin's, on all further endeavors so WE CAN ALL ENJOY YEARS & YEARS worth of FTC re-Mego Magic! --invisiblelad
                              Last edited by invisiblelad; Jul 21, '14, 5:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎