Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Scott! Will FTC release Megos EVERY MONTH?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Great Scott! Will FTC release Megos EVERY MONTH?

So far the last QTR of 2014 has FTC Mego releases EVERY MONTH! Will FTC continue to offer NEW Megos this frequently? I hope so!

Sept- Wonder Woman and Batman 66 Series 2 and Early Bird Superman!

Oct- Super Powers Fist Fighters Series 1 and 2 and Conan and Tarzan waves!

Nov- Superman Series 1!

Dec- ??? Hopefully Batman 66 Series 3 with Batgirl and Batman Series 4- NEW Batman, Gordon, Ra's Al Ghul, and Scarecrow!

2015 could be even BETTER!
  • willykfg
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 24, 2010

I might have to get a second job if they keep this up...lol

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Keep in mind if you are pre-ordering from FTC that they'll hold your order till all the figures are available. I just pre-ordered Wonder-Woman and the Early Bird Superman cause those will both come out in September. I'll pre-order the regular Superman wave later.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I purchased the Early Bird Superman. I could care less about the exclusivity of the figure, I just want it early!

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I wonder the implications from a manufacturing side. To date, all the Mego figures have been limited runs. But if they "keep the factories running" and new product is showing up monthly, I wonder if that would allow them to make more of popular figures like a Batman or Superman after the first run sells out?

Comment

• mirrorman
            On Patrol
            • Jul 18, 2011

Originally posted by ovenmitt
            So far the last QTR of 2014 has FTC Mego releases EVERY MONTH! Will FTC continue to offer NEW Megos this frequently? I hope so!
            I hope so too ovenmitt .. my wallet (CC) won't be happy though. LOL

Shipping to Australia is gona' kill me too, but what the heck.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
              I wonder the implications from a manufacturing side. To date, all the Mego figures have been limited runs. But if they "keep the factories running" and new product is showing up monthly, I wonder if that would allow them to make more of popular figures like a Batman or Superman after the first run sells out?
              You may see a special ultra very limited edition 2-pack from a figure line but the Slogan for this is one and done. I'll give a quick example on like Robin":

1.Robin-Wave-1
              2.Dick Grayson-wave-2
              3.Removable mask Robin-wave-3
              4. ?
              5. ?
              6. ?

1.Robin-66 TV Show
              2.Robin-Dick Grayson-TV show
              3. Coming Soon?
              So Robin will always be out but in different forms!

Comment

• PengyForMayor
                • Jun 3, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                You may see a special ultra very limited edition 2-pack from a figure line but the Slogan for this is one and done. I'll give a quick example on like Robin":

1.Robin-Wave-1
                2.Dick Grayson-wave-2
                3.Removable mask Robin-wave-3
                4. ?
                5. ?
                6. ?

1.Robin-66 TV Show
                2.Robin-Dick Grayson-TV show
                3. Coming Soon?
                So Robin will always be out but in different forms!
                I just wish they'd put another wave in between the variants. Buying the first 3 waves will result in buying 6 of the same character in a short span. Half your figures are the same!

I want secret identities, I sort of want removable mask versions, just not all at once. Like the removable mask ones should be exclusive or part of the last waves.

They'll probably sell well regardless, but like people are saying with Alfred and Gordon, spread them out.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by PengyForMayor
                  I just wish they'd put another wave in between the variants. Buying the first 3 waves will result in buying 6 of the same character in a short span. Half your figures are the same!

I want secret identities, I sort of want removable mask versions, just not all at once. Like the removable mask ones should be exclusive or part of the last waves.

They'll probably sell well regardless, but like people are saying with Alfred and Gordon, spread them out.
                  It's interesting to see how FTC is managing the assortments versus how ZICA did (tried to) do with the SMDM figures. FTC is trying to put some variation of Batman (and usually Robin) in every wave because they know those characters are the best sellers. Craig said he didn't buy the SMDM license to sell multiple variations of Steve Austin, but that's the money character for that line. I do think focusing on the core money characters is a tried and true model, toy lines have been doing it for decades. I think the potential problem is coming up with enough variations of the core character that will still sell and hold collector interest. Honestly I think FTC has one, maybe two more Batman variations in them, and after that it's pretty much done unless they want to get into some 'battle damaged' or similar nonsense.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I noticed FTC was releasing Series 1 AND 2 at the same time on the fist fighters. I wonder if that is a typo? It seems hard to believe they would inundate the market with SO much product. I've already got a monster number invested for September and it seems October is quickly profiling the same way. Ouch! Is it too late to say it hurts so good?

Comment

• figureaddicted
                      • Jun 29, 2014

I've placed a couple of preorders, but since im still playing catch up on various figures from the first three series, i havent gone into full preorder everything mode. Simply put, i cant afford to take that kind of hit in one month. Yes getting my hands on Alfred and FC Bats ,at a reasonable price took a bit to do, but ultimately its best for me to piece things out one at a time. Strangely this large quantity of simultaneously released product may be to my benefit. Perhaps if there is more to choose from, everything wpnt sell out as fast and make it easier to procure the ones i havent preordered as single purchases. Either way im in for practically all of it. It just may take me longer to pull off than the rest of you guys.

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                        I noticed FTC was releasing Series 1 AND 2 at the same time on the fist fighters. I wonder if that is a typo? It seems hard to believe they would inundate the market with SO much product. I've already got a monster number invested for September and it seems October is quickly profiling the same way. Ouch! Is it too late to say it hurts so good?
                        They are definitely pushing a lot of stuff out. That isn't a practice that has worked well for other lines. I think when people reach the, I can only get one, it will cripple some of the weaker offerings like Tarzan for example. I guess time will tell.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by megocrazy
                          They are definitely pushing a lot of stuff out. That isn't a practice that has worked well for other lines. I think when people reach the, I can only get one, it will cripple some of the weaker offerings like Tarzan for example. I guess time will tell.
                          THere is a danger of the product competing with itself, true. One or two releases a month, maybe staggered for the sake of people's paychecks, might be a better approach. Then again, things like getting a place in line at whatever factory is producing the items may limit their options; there may be more than one factory involved even in just making the figures themselves, much less the costumes and accessories. They may have to take whatever slot is available for production and have to squeeze in as much as they can (they are a small company with a small run of figures, so they don't have the clout of a Hasbro or Mattel). I know from things Mattel has said making their Masters of the Universe Classics line that the factory they were using at one point could make the figures and accessories, but not a head with rooted hair, so FTC is likely juggling multiple vendors in getting their figures made.

A more staggered release would be more ideal, but sometimes a small company doesn't have a lot of control over when they can get stuff made.

Comment

• Toystasher
                            • Jul 18, 2014

probably only until the credit card bill comes due..........but I'm trying not to think about it too much. How many more times will we get the chance to buy toys like spoiled kids on a shopping spree?

Comment

• nobody
                              banjo!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

I'm thinking about turning my Ron Burgundy figure into the Needs more Cowbell Guy!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎