Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular Superman, Shazam, Green Arrow and Aquaman coming in addition to Fist Fighters

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Regular Superman, Shazam, Green Arrow and Aquaman coming in addition to Fist Fighters

I emailed FTC a few days ago asking if they would be producing both versions and they replied that they would. Very happy to hear this.
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

No shock, really. I think they intend to do straight re-issues of all the original DC Megos. I am a bit surprised that the Fist Fighters will come first, though.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

Relieved to hear this! I like Fist Fighters but I want REGULAR versions, too!

Someone here posted I while ago that there will be a Superman wave with Superman, Clark Kent, Supergirl, and Mr Mxyzptlk so it will have to be REGULAR Superman in that wave!

I would also like to see Shazam, Aquaman, and Green Arrow waves!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ovenmitt
        ...I would also like to see Shazam, Aquaman, and Green Arrow waves!
        Me, too. I will buy a few FF of favorite characters, but I'm pleased they'll continue with regular releases.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Figured as much still nice to hear.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Someone here posted I while ago that there will be a Superman wave with Superman, Clark Kent, Supergirl, and Mr Mxyzptlk so it will have to be REGULAR Superman in that wave!

Agree with all of this. Was assuming they would release regular versions as well, but the recent production pictures of the Fist Fighter costumes concerned me a bit.

Comment

• ovenmitt
              Persistent Member
              • May 26, 2009

Guess FTC had to hurry and get Fist Fighters out for Super Powers 30th anniversary in 2014!

How about these waves

Shazam, Mary, Junior, Dr Sivana *ALL pictured on back of Batman 2 packs cards!

Aquaman, Mera, Black Manta, Ocean Master

Green Arrow, Black Canary, Red Arrow, Deadshot to tie-in to Arrow TV show! *Save Deathstroke for a Teen Titans wave!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I want the Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and Black Adam wave.

(it was me that revealed the Superman wave)
                Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 6, '14, 7:13 PM.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

That likely means at least one more Superman wave since they have pictures of Bizarro, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Superboy on the back of the 2-packs. Think they'll sell well.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

Thanks, monitor ep! Is Superman wave coming soon? Any other tidbits you can share?

Comment

• plaztekman
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 27, 2008

I hope they change Mxyzptlk and make him a 6inch.
                      Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

It will be interesting to see what they put out for the holidays. They already have Batman '66 series 2, the Batman accessory kit, probably the Fist Fighters, AND the Conan/Kull/Kane line all coming out in September. That's a ton of product. But I'll be buying it all. This is absolutely the closest I've ever gotten to re-experiencing my childhood with so much concentrated volume. It's a great ride, so I'm not passing up anything from FTC. They are hitting these out of the park, each and every time in my book. I'm still pinching myself on the RC Batman. That is my all time favorite Mego and I think they did a masterful job. Pics just don't do it justice, when you hold it up close. I have the Titans set on the way too. Just magical times.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by MIB41
                          It will be interesting to see what they put out for the holidays. They already have Batman '66 series 2, the Batman accessory kit, probably the Fist Fighters, AND the Conan/Kull/Kane line all coming out in September. That's a ton of product. But I'll be buying it all. This is absolutely the closest I've ever gotten to re-experiencing my childhood with so much concentrated volume. It's a great ride, so I'm not passing up anything from FTC. They are hitting these out of the park, each and every time in my book. I'm still pinching myself on the RC Batman. That is my all time favorite Mego and I think they did a masterful job. Pics just don't do it justice, when you hold it up close. I have the Titans set on the way too. Just magical times.
                          Agree completely. About 10 years ago due to bills I had to sell my Mego collection, a few dozen loose figures, a few playsets, 12" figures etc. I never thought I'd get them all back and this is my chance at a 'do-over'. So like you, I could not be happier with what FTC has done and is doing.

BTW sidenote on the Batman RC. Have you noticed that the color of the cowl, cape, gloves and boots change? In low light they are almost dark purple in color, but take them outside in sunlight and they are a gorgeous bright blue. Very cool.

Comment

• figureaddicted
                            • Jun 29, 2014

I'm very excited at the thought of some of those Superman specific waves. As far as the regular vs FF releases, i may have been apt to pick and choose in the FF waves and wait for regular releases. But the Superpowers packaging kept that from happening. So FTC will get my money all the way around on this one! Lol

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

I am excited about Superman waves, too! Wonder Woman announcement was thrilling enough and 66 Batman Series 2, but I cannot wait for FTC to knock out all 4 Mego Superman characters at once! A 2nd wave with Superboy, Lois, Jimmy, and Bizarro would shut me up as a Superman fan!

I am 44 and Megos were my 1st action figures, so I am living a dream and a 2nd childhood with what FTC is doing with the DC and 66 Batman licenses!

Looking forward to 18" DC and 66 Batman figures, Yvonne Craig Batgirl, JLA Flash, Green Lantern, and Hawkman, Teen Titans Series 2 8" Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven! WOW what a time to be a Mego DC fan!

If figures are made of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV series and Christopher Reeve Superman movies I will never ask for another toy!

If only DST and EMCE had this FREEDOM with Marvel Megos!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎