X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeWantMegos
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 4, 2010

Batcave play set question

I see that Figures made a playset for their Monsters line that looks similar to the old playsets that mego made. Its smaller than a batcave but seems like its possible to make a batcave or a similar set.

So, it seems possible right? Or is their another issue I am not factoring in.

Thanks
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by MeWantMegos
    I see that Figures made a playset for their Monsters line that looks similar to the old playsets that mego made. Its smaller than a batcave but seems like its possible to make a batcave or a similar set.

So, it seems possible right? Or is their another issue I am not factoring in.

Thanks
    In the past Anthony their CEO has hinted that he would love to make the BatCave and Wayne Foundation but that it would cost so much that it's likely not happening. He didn't completely rule it out, but he made it sound like a longshot.

Then again, if the figures keep selling out, one would think that would increase the chances they get made.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 4, 2010

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I like it when companies are honest about products that aren't happening.

But if they did it for the monster line why would it be too much for superhero line?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

It might have to do with the design of the MM Castle, which is basically an open square that folds (accordion-like) into itself in two sides. FTC also simplified the printing slightly.

The Batcave is a more complex design in two parts, with more rivets & snaps, and also more accessories--these features would likely increase production costs.

I would love top see some FTC play-sets--some members here know how much I love play-sets. I'd even welcome some FTC sets that are not vintage reproductions.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 4, '14, 1:41 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

They still have the castles for sale a couple of years later. It probably doesn't give them a lot of faith even though Batcave could be more popular.

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by MeWantMegos
            Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I like it when companies are honest about products that aren't happening.

But if they did it for the monster line why would it be too much for superhero line?
            as of now the batcave was not on the table - But Anthony did tell me he has some other stuff in the works for displaying figures. Looks like them make some back drops.

Won't be as good as the cave - but still be nice to have something to display them in front of.

Toy room makes an awesome batcave - and Dida displays makes some awesome stuff as well.
            might be worth the coin - especially if you have kids who will play with it.

which reminds me I keep forgetting to order a batgirl set for my daughter.
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Maybe what they could do is sell the Batcave by itself. Don't included anything with it. Just buy the accessory set from the '66 Batman line to put in it.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva
                They still have the castles for sale a couple of years later. It probably doesn't give them a lot of faith even though Batcave could be more popular.
                What they should have done with the castle is make some for the Knights. That would have helped them sell those.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I love playsets, but I just don't have anywhere to display them, so I probably would not buy them. I keep eyeing the repro Star Trek playset, but it would just sit in the box in the attic, and I already have too much stuff like that. Backdrops might interest me though, and the Dida displays are intriguing too. I prefer vehicles. They are not easy for me to display either, but it's hard to pass on a Batmobile, even it it ends up staying in the box, like my Mattel 1966 Barris Batmobile.
                  Last edited by TRDouble; Jul 4, '14, 3:32 PM.

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

I bought the Castle. Not one of their strongest offerings...not surprised it's still sitting only their shelves. Personally, I'd rather see them focus on their core product - lots of it.

-Chris

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I am not to sure that you guys have seen the new Dida Batman 66 Wayne Manor/Batcave set up so here is the new inside:

Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 4, '14, 11:50 PM.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• kerowack
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 27, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                        I am not to sure that you guys have seen the new Dida Batman 66 Wayne Manor/Batcave set up so here is the new inside:

That is absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jan 17, 2011

Without a doubt the coolest playset.

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

o m g

...amazing....

[awestruck]
                            Last edited by comicmike; Jul 5, '14, 3:11 PM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

^ Wow. I don't think that FTC could do a better job than that.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎