• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

RC Batman & Alfred SOLD OUT!

Just read it on FTC Facebook page.
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

That's both good and bad. The positive is they correctly picked the perfect third wave assortment. However this is indication they could have likely moved twice as many units with that quick of a sell- thru. Congrats to FTC on the sellouts. Ill have to act quicker with the fist fighter Super Powers waves..
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

wow, did they underproduce or did a lot of folks jump on the bandwagon with this wave?

Hopefully, Entertainment Earth, Amok Time and BigBAD Toystore bought a tone of sets.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Man, I need to get me an Alfred quick...

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
          wow, did they underproduce or did a lot of folks jump on the bandwagon with this wave?
          Yeah I been thinking about this. I kind of figure that with each succeful wave more and more people are going to jump on. If they start increasing the number of figures with each wave to meet the demand, and if they don't reproduce the early waves, the early waves will get harder and harder to get.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Wasimhosen
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 23, 2011

It says that unlike Robin, they're retired.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm confused by all this "sold out" stuff--does this mean that there is no remaining stock after preorders? My local shop has not even received theirs yet...
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I ordered my Alfred as a pre-order through a shop off Ebay. Hoping that was good enough.

Now I'm sure Alfred will go up in value!

I'll also be sure to pre-order a Commissioner Gordon and Ra's al Ghul as soon as they are available!

Things like this make me a happy collector!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Entertainment Earth is pre-sold out of Series 3. I better go and order an extra Batgirl and Batman before I miss out.

I wonder how the Teen Titans are selling. Someone here said they made fewer of those.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                    Yeah I been thinking about this. I kind of figure that with each succeful wave more and more people are going to jump on. If they start increasing the number of figures with each wave to meet the demand, and if they don't reproduce the early waves, the early waves will get harder and harder to get.
                    This is an interesting theory, but it's still a bit curious that none of the Wave 2 figures have sold out. I would have assumed Catwoman at least would have been gone by now.

UNLESS.....pre-orders for the first Batman Wave were really strong out of the gate, and it caused them to up the bump up the run on the 2nd wave too high. Let's be honest, on the desirability scale, if we were ranking the 3 waves of Batman figures I think most of us here would put the 2nd wave last. The other two are very strong.

I would be interested in knowing what if any flexibility FTC had in adjusting production size for each Wave. The first wave took about 6 months to sell out, which seems perfect. Maybe Vinny has some insights?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Or wave three sold out quicker because it was a second chance to get a Batman and Robin since wave one is retired.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Or wave three sold out quicker because it was a second chance to get a Batman and Robin since wave one is retired.
                        That might be it, especially since it seems Batgirl is close to out as well. Still, I hate that they sold out so quickly since some people will miss out but strong sales = more great figures.

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

They are sold out at the wholesale level, meaning FTC is no longer taking orders from their website or from retailers.

Hopefully all orders through Diamond will be filled so the figures will be available in comic shops. Diamond does use an allotment system when preorders or reorders outstrip supplies.

I'm wondering if Online stores like Entertainment Earth and others order directly from FTC or from Diamond? Their supplies could be allotted to.

I called FTC about an order this morning and was told all existing orders as of June 24th shipped on the 25th.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
                            They are sold out at the wholesale level, meaning FTC is no longer taking orders from their website or from retailers.

Hopefully all orders through Diamond will be filled so the figures will be available in comic shops. Diamond does use an allotment system when preorders or reorders outstrip supplies.

I'm wondering if Online stores like Entertainment Earth and others order directly from FTC or from Diamond? Their supplies could be allotted to.

I called FTC about an order this morning and was told all existing orders as of June 24th shipped on the 25th.
                            I've ordered all three Batman waves directly from FTC and in my experience when they told me my order status was Shipped what they really meant was 'We've sent your info to FED-EX'.

For example, I ordered BM Wave 3 and Titans wave on the 19th and later that day I got an email from FTC saying the status of my order was changed to SHIPPED.

I finally got them to email me the FED-EX tracking number on the 24th and sure enough I'm not supposed to get them till next Monday.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                              Mego obsessed!!!
                              • Jul 20, 2010

I just ordered RC Batman and RM Robin on https://www.atomicempire.com/index.aspx?
                              for $24.99 each and $7.96 shipping!
                              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍