Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCT Removable Cowl Batman: Cool Vinyl Cape!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

FCT Removable Cowl Batman: Cool Vinyl Cape!

Nice variation, IMO

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

It's not accurate but I have to admit I kind of like it--it coordinates with the vinyl cowl.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megonaught
      Career Member
      • Jan 29, 2008

I think i will put a regular cape on mine.
      It doesnt look bad but i am a stickler for my figures to look like original mego.
      Action Jackson is his name.
      Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Mego did produce some (non-RC) Batmen with vinyl capes, & FTC has already tweaked its Batman releases in terms of authenticity. But I understand what you mean.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megonaught
          Career Member
          • Jan 29, 2008

I never knew they did the vinyl caped batmen.
          Maybe i will leave it then.
          Thanks

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Mego did produce some (non-RC) Batmen with vinyl capes, & FTC has already tweaked its Batman releases in terms of authenticity. But I understand what you mean.
          Action Jackson is his name.
          Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I like it but wish the cape were longer

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

DAMN! Now I've got to buy a 2nd RC Batman!
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

That Batman is SHARP! He looks way better than the happy face Batman.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

I really like it too! Nice job!

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 22, 2011

I really wish they would've used the clam shells that close on these. But, I like the figure!! RC Bat's was always one of my favs.
                    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      • Feb 27, 2014

Belt seems to be riding slightly lower, that's a good thing.

FTC has made a few very subtle changes in the costumes and materials. My view is this: I think most collectors want the figures they remember having as a kid. IOW, the basic figures like Batman and Superman they want FTC to make them so they look exactly as they remember. But with the rarer figures like Removable Cowl Batman and Removable Mask Robin that a lot of adult collectors never got as a kid, I think they are willing to forgive a few subtle changes to the costume and materials, as long as they are consistent with the Mego look and the character. Ironically, this is why I actually think DST's choice of circle-suit Spidey for its 3-pack is a bad idea because that's not the Spidey most of us had as a kid.

So far I've loved all the changes FTC has made, although I'll admit I don't understand why they changed the style of the Batgirl boots, seems like that might be their first miss in my eyes.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megonaught
                        I never knew they did the vinyl caped batmen.
                        Maybe i will leave it then.
                        Thanks
                        If it really bugs you just switch the capes on the Batman Wave 1 and Batman Wave 3 RC Batman and you're golden!

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                          I really wish they would've used the clam shells that close on these. But, I like the figure!! RC Bat's was always one of my favs.
                          Wait the clams on Wave 3 can't be opened and resealed as in the other 2 waves?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            ...But with the rarer figures like Removable Cowl Batman and Removable Mask Robin that a lot of adult collectors never got as a kid, I think they are willing to forgive a few subtle changes to the costume and materials, as long as they are consistent with the Mego look and the character... I've loved all the changes FTC has made, although I'll admit I don't understand why they changed the style of the Batgirl boots, seems like that might be their first miss in my eyes.
                            You've seemed pretty much a "purist" in earlier posts--I gather the rarer Speedy is not included in your theory above? With figures like Speedy & Capt. America (Cap is Marvel and therefore moot, but applicable) it's not possible to be both Mego-accurate & character-accurate. It is possible, however, to make Megoesque changes that are in character.

Have they indeed changed Batgirl now that she has shipped--I was confused about that.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              You've seemed pretty much a "purist" in earlier posts--I gather the rarer Speedy is not included in your theory above? With figures like Speedy & Capt. America (Cap is Marvel and therefore moot, but applicable) it's not possible to be both Mego-accurate & character-accurate. It is possible, however, to make Megoesque changes that are in character.

Have they indeed changed Batgirl now that she has shipped--I was confused about that.
                              What do you mean about Speedy, you mean Mego not getting the legs and sleeves right?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎