Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest Place to Order FTC - (aka Free Shipping?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeWantMegos
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 4, 2010

Cheapest Place to Order FTC - (aka Free Shipping?)

What is the cheapest place to order FTC?

Through their website or another store. I guess I'm basically asking who has Free Shipping for orders in the $100 plus range.

It seems that Big Bad Toy Store is popular these days.

I tend to use Entertainment Earth although they seem to be light on merchandise for FTC at the moment.

What do you recommend?

Thanks.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

EE does free shipping, but they are slow. I found a seller on ebay that was undercutting the MSRP on the 66 set enough that it came out a few bucks under the usual 100 bucks at most sites. I picked up a second set to stash.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

BBTS is great if you order multiple items and use their Pile of Loot to save on shipping. But it means that you must be patient; the more items you let build up, the less you pay on shipping. BBTS is $5 more expensive for a set ($2 per figure) than most of the other bigger sites out there too (Titans are the same cost, as is the sold-out Wonder Woman Set).

But I buy different lines and I am usually patient, so I go with BBTS for most of my online toy shopping. I have been going back and forth on picking up a few extras here and there; if the reviews come back good from the early receivers, I can just add them to my BBTS order when it comes in and then ship.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Anyone know of a good deal in Canada? Anyone know if there is an active Diamond Previews code for the first set?

Comment

• megomania
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          EE does free shipping, but they are slow. I found a seller on ebay that was undercutting the MSRP on the 66 set enough that it came out a few bucks under the usual 100 bucks at most sites. I picked up a second set to stash.
          Honestly, EE really is only "slow" depending on where you are located. I order all FTC sets from them....I live in WA and their distribution center is in CA. Even though their free shipping is advertised as a slow option, I always get my items 2-3 days (and it's usually 2 days) after I get my shipping notice. And if someone can't wait another 2-3 days and need them that bad, pay for the expedited shipping.

-Chris

Comment

• MeWantMegos
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 4, 2010

It seems that EE are only selling the second wave as a set. Is that common for them. They sell a certain number of individual figures and the rest as sets to make sure less popular figures also sell?

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

They have Bruce and Dick individually, I am thinking Egghead and Pengy already presold out.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

I generally offer the sets for $100 with free shipping in the continental US and exact shipping worldwide. I just had a thread on this in the market place.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 4, 2010

They have Bruce and Dick individually, I am thinking Egghead and Pengy already presold out.
                  Was looking for Pengy for Wave 2 of the Retro Action Wave 2 set - the one with the Catwoman in it. As opposed to Batman 66.

The Penguin was really the only one I loved so I was going to wait and combine that purchase with Wave 3. Guess that's no longer an option?

Is there any word about them making more from that wave. Or once a wave is done, it's done? And the only way to get it is through buying an entire set. Which I'd prefer not to do.

Thanks!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

CTVT still has that Penguin individually. It looks like they are retiring waves once sold out, the first one is already that way.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 4, 2010

CTVT still has that Penguin individually. It looks like they are retiring waves once sold out, the first one is already that way.
                      Thanks for the tip!

I'm figuring that while certain characters are officially(?) retired some like Batman/Robin will come back in many, many forms.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎