Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crime Fighting Accessory Pack - Really Expensive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeWantMegos
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 4, 2010

Crime Fighting Accessory Pack - Really Expensive!

I really love the idea of getting the 25 piece pack.

But man are they expensive. $69.99.

That seems off the charts unreasonable.

What do you all thin?
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

It probably costs a lot to produce, that's why the high price tag. I'll bet that it's also in a quantity of 1000 pieces, because that's the MOQ that most companies in China produce (Minimum Order Quantity).

Kind of makes me miss the days when the playsets were more readily available, even though in 1970's money they weren't all that cheap!

Does anyone remember how much the Walton house went for? I used to have it, and that had to be one of the most expensive things I ever got for Christmas.
    JediJaida

Comment

• MeWantMegos
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 4, 2010

Seems like a group of items that I will almost certainly lose very quickly.

It's fitting that you're comparing it to the Walton House. For a big ticket item, I'd rather have something more substantial. Like the Batcave.

I remember there was a Star Trek bridge set that was produced a few years back. If they could do that...maybe they could do a Justice League room (instead of an entire Batcave).

But when I heard they were going to make the Crime Fighting Accessory Pack I never imagined it would be that much money. I figured it would be a little less than a cost of a figure. Which I now realize might not be realistic. It's nice that they give two different head sculpts with it...but still...wow. Expensive.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 16, 2014

I was thinking it would be $50, oh well, you gotta pay to play, put them in a zip lock bag or something...if your afraid of losing them.
        sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

I don't think a comparison to the Bridge playset from DST is a fair one - all of the "accessories" were modelled on existing mego product and some items Doc and others were already reproducing so alot of the R and d was done. with the bat equipment it's all one off's. based on the prices Playing mantis charged for the capt action repros in the 90's and the new capt actions stuff is expensive too (and the hands/glves can't be used with PM or vintage Capt actions or Dr evils) it seems to be inline. never mind what hot toys stuff costs

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

A lot of new tooling + detailed paint apps + limited production = $$$
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
              Permanent Member
              • Mar 7, 2011

I think Paul Wasson and Austin Huff went thru the the cost Piece by Piece on Facebook and when it came down to it in the end if you were to individually piece out the order you were actually coming out ahead on the deal. I think the piece by piece value was around $75

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

My take is that although high prices are tough on most collectors, that the price isn't really what's important. it's giving the customers what there's ultimately a demand for.

That said, I think this is indeed what most really want. Especially HARDCORE collectors... that's because they want Anything that can compliment the figures, be it: vehicles, playsets, or (in this case) figure accessories.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• rjm118
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 25, 2012

I think things like these sets will have a very limited production run and that drives cost up as well. My problem is the redundancy of actual characters, alter egos and removable masks. Id rather the actual character, the removable masks and then clothing sets. Granted, I can pick and choose what I want but I am laso a crazy completist so I end up buying everything anyway.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by rjm118
                    I think things like these sets will have a very limited production run and that drives cost up as well. My problem is the redundancy of actual characters, alter egos and removable masks.
                    Not to mention---"collector" 2 pack re-packaging, fist fighters etc etc.

I've been speaking on that quite a bit, to the point of redundancy (and annoying some diehard fans of this line). Despite my seemingly "expressive complaints", I wasn't trying to be negative, but, like you said, it's a bummer for the more "completest" out there, and I have empathy for your plight.

I think replicas of all WGSH and Mego styled versions of "new" characters should be first priority... period.

It's not "genius marketing" (as quite a few here have said) to milk fans early on, setting up a potential sales drop off to be seen a couple years into the line after loyal fans have went hog wild over slight variants and are lighter in their wallets, and heavier in resentment.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• rjm118
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 25, 2012

Originally posted by huedell
                      Not to mention---"collector" 2 pack re-packaging, fist fighters etc etc.

I've been speaking on that quite a bit, to the point of redundancy (and annoying some diehard fans of this line). Despite my seemingly "expressive complaints", I wasn't trying to be negative, but, like you said, it's a bummer for the more "completest" out there, and I have empathy for your plight.

I think replicas of all WGSH and Mego styled versions of "new" characters should be first priority... period.

It's not "genius marketing" (as quite a few here have said) to milk fans early on, setting up a potential sales drop off to be seen a couple years into the line after loyal fans have went hog wild over slight variants and are lighter in their wallets, and heavier in resentment.
                      Dont get me wrong there are much bigger problems in the world besides if I want to buy Batman 66 Bruce Wayne or not, I have no problem buying all re-Mego's but Id rather see the alters be true to the way Mego did it the first time, a head and some clothes.

Im sure Ill end up buying everything anyway, hell I even bought the Batman and Catwoman 2-pack just becasue of the artwork...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I could have done without the gasmask heads and spare utility belt. All the pics show two of each color batarang but the breakdown list at FTC says 3 batarangs.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by rjm118
                          Dont get me wrong there are much bigger problems in the world besides if I want to buy Batman 66 Bruce Wayne or not, I have no problem buying all re-Mego's but Id rather see the alters be true to the way Mego did it the first time, a head and some clothes.

Im sure Ill end up buying everything anyway, hell I even bought the Batman and Catwoman 2-pack just becasue of the artwork...
                          And (with all sincerity) don't get *me* wrong.... buy what you wanna buy. Just because I theorize FTC is burning people like you (and short-changing people like me who are more focused on seeing more characters overall than a "milking" permeating the first year of the line), doesn't mean I don't know the reality of "apologist hardcore and/or completest buyers"--- I'm "that guy" for MOTUC and SW6inBS.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

FTC isn't milking anyone. As you say, buy what you wanna buy. No one's forcing you. If packaging/fist-fighting variants sell, then obviously there's a demand for them. They've made it pretty clear the two packs are a special limited item outside of the regular line, so I don't see what impact they have on new characters getting made. Four new characters announced so far in just the Batman family alone is pretty darn good if you ask me. What more do you want?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              FTC isn't milking anyone. As you say, buy what you wanna buy. No one's forcing you. If packaging/fist-fighting variants sell, then obviously there's a demand for them. They've made it pretty clear the two packs are a special limited item outside of the regular line, so I don't see what impact they have on new characters getting made. Four new characters announced so far in just the Batman family alone is pretty darn good if you ask me. What more do you want?
                              Well said.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎