X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Wonder woman!

With classic Mego style art and 2 different cards!

sigpic
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

great stuff - I like how he did the silk screen but with the boots

also like that he gives you choice of cards
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

never cared for pajama WW, Mattel already gave us a well done update of the character.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

FYI, Big Bad Toy Store has already pre-sold out of the set and the classic Mego characters card. The Wonder Woman card is still available.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I was never all that fond of the pyjama look of the outfit myself. I wish it had a tighter fit to it. Barring that, the sculpt is rather nice to look at.
          JediJaida

Comment

• rjm118
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 25, 2012

Im probably buying both versions but I would really have liked the packaging to be totally different, not just the artwork.

I would love to see a nod to the old window boxes, that was IMO the best packaging of Mego's.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              never cared for pajama WW, Mattel already gave us a well done update of the character.
              Well, if FTC's goal is to make replicas of the whole DC WGSH, then "updating" would have to be a 2nd priority. It doesn't mean FTC couldn't take their own stab at updated takes on certain characters Mego already did later on down the line.

With that in mind, it probably is a good idea that FTC is doing WGSH replicas of ALL the DC characters that Mattel produced, as the "updated Mego-style" figures of many major DC characters has already "been there, done that" by Mattel recently enough, so the demand for them might not be as high as replica type figs.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
                Well, if FTC's goal is to make replicas of the whole DC WGSH, then "updating" would have to be a 2nd priority. It doesn't mean FTC couldn't take their own stab at updated takes on certain characters Mego already did later on down the line.

Very true Hue..in fact, FTC has already stated that they plan to do an updated comic version of BATMAN. Neal Adams PLEASE!
                sigpic

Comment

• firestarcomics
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jun 19, 2014

Im new to the forum here and am a Wonder Woman fan myself. I will be posting a Wonder Woman costume redo that I did for a 12 in doll based on Lynda Carter. I REALLY wish that someone would reissue a Wonder Woman Mego Lynda Carter figure as in the 70's....I love Lynda Carter so much

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

I ordered the set of two and am pretty stoked. I wish they would have lost the silkscreened boots though. Never really "got" those. Just leave her legs plain and throw on plastic boots if you ask me.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

I'll get one for my Daughter PJ WW is great for her age.

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

I ended up ordering the Mego style one, even though I intended to get both. Since it's the only the "palitoy" style one is the only one they've released thus far and I don't have any Palitoy carded figures I have nothing to really display it next to. If they release others in this style down the road there's always the possibility I'll pick it up later.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by The Bat
                          Very true Hue..in fact, FTC has already stated that they plan to do an updated comic version of BATMAN. Neal Adams PLEASE!
                          I'm so there with you, hoping for at least an 8 inch version of the 12" Magnetic Batman head sculpt or something very similar.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by VintageMike
                            I ended up ordering the Mego style one, even though I intended to get both. Since it's the only the "palitoy" style one is the only one they've released thus far and I don't have any Palitoy carded figures I have nothing to really display it next to. If they release others in this style down the road there's always the possibility I'll pick it up later.
                            Love the way they did the bubbles on the WW but now that the Batman Wave 3 is coming out with 'Palitoy' type cardbacks it will be interesting to see how they handle card design moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎