X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I think I'm cursed!

I got my brand new Riddler out of the package, flexed the right arm and SNAP! Out came the right arm because the stupid hook disengaged. I tried fishing around for it and no luck.

THEN, the leg came out of the socket, and I figured I may as well just disassemble the thing. The hands popped off with a bit of tugging; the arms and legs came off, and NOW, I can't get the head off!

I'll just let it soak in hot water for a bit and see what I can do.

Then, I decided to get a Type S body from Craig, because I KNOW that it isn't going to fall apart!

And the stupid checkout wouldn't take either email address, stating that both were in use!

Well, DUH! Of COURSE they are in use! Isn't that the whole idea?

UGH!

The minute I get a type S, I am going to do a head swap!

One thing is for sure, I will only PROBABLY get Batgirl and a couple of others from this line, but once a good WELL CONSTRUCTED female body comes along, I am going to do head swaps and NEVER buy bodies from these turkeys again! Boots, heads, etc. yes, but bodies? NO!
    JediJaida
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Guess I got lucky, 2 waves so far, all the bodies are fine, all limbs bend fine, and pose fine.

Maybe you were just too rough with it?
    Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Jun 21, '14, 8:39 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I barely flexed it and POP!
      Anyhoo, I fixed the problem at Craig's superstore and will be getting a new body by next week.
      JediJaida

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Really odd, sorry that happened to you. I saw some people here saying their FTC bodies broke in some way so I was a bit worried when I got mine. So far, zero issues. Then again I was careful, I wonder if some people were being a bit rough with their figures just to see if they would break?

Ironically, the only body that has failed for me so far is a Type S, I tried to remove the hand from the first one I opened and the wrist pin broke. With the FTC bodies I think as long as you are careful they are usually fine. I think these are being made for display, not play.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Ironic, yes.

The biggest problem with FTC is they are strung way too tightly for the density of plastic they use. Playable or displayable should be a non-issue IMO.

Also, if they would change the arms to the slotted TT/Kiss-style shoulders, that would help immensely.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Ironic, yes.

The biggest problem with FTC is they are strung way too tightly for the density of plastic they use. Playable or displayable should be a non-issue IMO.

Also, if they would change the arms to the slotted TT/Kiss-style shoulders, that would help immensely.
            The arms on my first two series were definitely tight. I could see how rotating them continuously could cause damage.

Which I didn't do. I just want the figures to stand and display. They work fine for that. If I wanted to take them out and pose them and play with them every day, I guess I see how an issue could arise.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

my 66 batmen are fine, they are too tight where the arms won't rest at the sides, but none of them are breaking.

I had the same ordering problem at the Castaway store and gave up. Now I tried again after logging in and it works. Missed out on the clear bodies, tho.
              Last edited by thunderbolt; Jun 22, '14, 4:52 AM.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Well, I got the type S body, and made the switch over. The post of one of the hands broke off inside the wrist, but I got it out with a pair of needle nosed pliers.

One of the screws was stripped and couldn't be removed, but the other three came out, and I managed to open the torso enough to put the head in.

The outfit was a smidge tight on the body, but it's not as baggy as it was on the FTC bod.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find my blow dryer to shrink the heat shrink tubing, so Riddler has to make do with a pair of flesh colored hands. I can always use purple nail polish if I absolutely have to. But I think I'll keep looking for the hair dryer. It's in the house somewhere!

He looks much better now. I just hope that the 1966 Batgirl lives up to all of the hype we get from FTC. If there are any problems with THAT one, I am going to put it aside and wait for Doc to start marketing his new female adult bodies, soften up the head and do a swap. It'll be well worth the extra five dollars in my opinion.

He now poses perfectly, and I don't have to worry about snapping rubber bands or hooks coming loose at inopportune moments.
                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎