• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

Batman 66 FTC Interview:

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2014/...an-66-license/

I for one think that they should make an Alfred.
    Both in and out of Bat costume.
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Excellent--thanks for sharing.

Quite please to see Bookworm getting some attention. Civilian characters night be best combined with heroes or villains.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Alfred Gordon and O'Hara appeared in every episode, they really need to make them and spread them out over the other waves with Tut, Catwoman or Batgirl to carry them.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Yep, just as they would with their Mego-DCU lines.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Everybody knows what they need to do to make the series complete :D

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• PengyForMayor
            • Jun 3, 2014

Originally posted by mego73
            Everybody knows what they need to do to make the series complete :D

I only want Aunt Harriet if we get Alfred, which doesnt seem like we will with the owner of FTC saying he doesn't think they'd sell becuase suited WWE characters didnt. He also said if they made Alfred he'd be in a Batsuit, seriously guys?!

They made Alfred and Gordon for their Retro Vintage line, why not 66 Batman? Overall Alfred and Gordon are overlooked action figure wise, they claim they wont sell. It's hard to determine if they will sell if the market seldom sees their release.

Alfred and Gordon are as important to Batman as Robin is, and I'm tired of buying entire DC collections and having the line finish without Gordon or Alfred.

I hope their retro Alfed and Gordon sell like hotcakes and it shows them how important they are. Plus FTC does amazing jobs on their suits, why wouldn't people want a figure with a suit as detailed as The Joker?

Comment

• rlkrefft
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 14, 2010

I agree with wanting Alfred and Gordon, but I can live without O'Hara and Aunt Harriet. Alfred was a major player in many capers aiding Batman. I think he for one is more important than even Batgirl. I love what they said about Bookworm but I hope he isn't the only one shot foe they do. False Face is a fantastic character and I would love to see him done. Maybe a 2 pack with False Face and Gordon wearing the same outfit. It would cut costs and we'd get both figures. Louie The Lilac is another one I would love to see made. We need Olga to go with Egghead and who wouldn't buy The Siren? Sandman and Clock King would be my final two desirables in the minor villain group. I am not sure if FTC has the rights to likeness on all of these, but False Face you never saw the actors face anyway.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I don't get the guy in a suit doesn't sell belief, especially with this line. Outside Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman and Riddler, they are all basically guys in suits. Well, Tut is an Egyptian guy in a suit.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

66 Alfred and Gordon are MUSTS! They're in Retro Batman line! I remember DC Direct made Alfred and Gordon in 2005 Hush Series 3! I went NUTS!

How about this 66 Wave:

Alfred
                  Com. Gordon
                  Chief O'Hara
                  Barbara Gordon

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

an all civilian wave would kill the line, They'd need to spread them out. Maybe Alfred in a wave with Batgirl, Tut and Shame. Gordon in with Catwoman, Bookworm and Freeze.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      I don't get the guy in a suit doesn't sell belief, especially with this line. Outside Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Catwoman and Riddler, they are all basically guys in suits. Well, Tut is an Egyptian guy in a suit.
                      Really,there are time in the show when The Riddler is just a guy in a suit.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                        all they have to do is sculpt a head, too. They have plenty of suit patterns already worked out.

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          Technically, but it was quite the flashy bright green suit... and then there was the derby----was there question marks on 'em too? I forget.

I agree with T-bolt that an "all civilian" line WAVE is not good marketing. And FTC's "first non-replica Mego WGSH" choice being Alfred was (at best) "questionable"--- however, THIS '66 line is the line that I personally think the more civilians they can swing early on, the better.

Alfred, Gordon, O'Hara etc were such a memorable part of the '66 show. And while the classic WGSH was (arguably) more about the truly "superheros and supervillains"---this new '66 line is undeniably simply about the '66 show---no matter who's wearing what. Seeing the '66 Wayne/Grayson AEs in pics cemented that sentiment for me.

Bring on Bee!----Ooops, I mean "Harriet"---got her mixed up with Andy Griffith (I think that's where she's from?? Aunt Bee?)
                          Last edited by huedell; Jun 23, '14, 4:57 PM.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

who the hell is Bee? Guessing you can't keep your old lady tv aunts straight.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Aunt Bee was played by Frances Bouvier, and personally, I liked her a lot more than Aunt Harriet.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎