X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Don't get the new teen girl body!

I just got one today, and it's broken on me twice! Both times when I was trying to put it into a sitting position.

The right hip pin went flying, and the right leg came off in one piece!

I called them about it, saying that I could fix it, but really! They should have used a better system than a long hip pin!

I'm just grateful that there are no rubber bands!

The head sculpt is kind of cute, and not as bulbous as the original, but if they are trying to outdo the Dawn doll, they have a LONG way to go!

The pelvis is way too narrow to get a good pose from, and the knee pins look like they are about to go as well.

Everyone do themselves a favor, and wait for Doc's new teen body. At least THAT one will not fall apart on you.
    JediJaida
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Now I'm really happy that I found an original Wondergirl last week. ;-)
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Did you get the teen male body also? I'm wondering if it will suffer from the same problems.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

No, I didn't.

I DID get the Riddler figure, though, and he's just fine. The heads DO have some flex to them, but if you're going to do a body swap, try the hot water trick. That will make them a little more squishy.

Even with all of my complaints, I am looking forward to the Yvonne Craig Batgirl when it comes out.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

So I am assuming that they went 1 piece torso with attaching arms and Leggs, Can you Post a pic of the body???

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

This is disappointing for me to read. I feel bad for your experience with the new figure; you would have clearly paid for FCT's 'premium' shipping charge as well. The body seemed so promising. I can only hope it was this one figure, not reflecting the general FTC lot of Teen Girl bodies. I'm having doubts about shelling out the price on the carded Wondergirl, concerned the action figure's body itself could potentially have problems with its integrity. Ugh! Takes the "Wonder" out of Wondergirl...awwww.....darn! I used to have a "Wee Win" Heroes of The Kingdom 'Queen of Sheba'. Her torso & arms were a shrunken version of the 8" Mego figure (articulated wrists, elbows, shoulders), and the pelvis and legs were Teen-scaled male parts. With a costume on, she looked great and had a strong body. Too bad this version wasn't replicated and made to be strong and posable.
            Last edited by comicmike; Jun 20, '14, 5:18 PM.

Comment

• melkorjunior
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 20, 2014

I switch all FTC figures to new bodies, no exceptions. I just don't trust the bodies not to fall apart on me. When I buy an FTC figure I know I'm paying for a headsculpt and an outfit. And I'm okay with that--really, I couldn't have dreamed a few years ago that all the classic DC Megos would be reproduced, along with new Batman 66 figures, an upcoming Tarzan line, and then new DC characters after. It's worth the extra expense for a new body.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ But what one will you switch to in this circumstance--WG's teen girl body is unique?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by melkorjunior
                  I switch all FTC figures to new bodies, no exceptions. I just don't trust the bodies not to fall apart on me. When I buy an FTC figure I know I'm paying for a headsculpt and an outfit. And I'm okay with that--really, I couldn't have dreamed a few years ago that all the classic DC Megos would be reproduced, along with new Batman 66 figures, an upcoming Tarzan line, and then new DC characters after. It's worth the extra expense for a new body.
                  unfortunately there is no Zicaway female body for that upcoming 66 BatGirl and Catwoman

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

The body is two pieces, with a swivel waist, not unlike that of the Dawn doll. Anyone remember her? I plan to call FTC again on Monday, and see what can be done about a replacement.

It's too bad that the neck adaptor for the Yvonne figure doesn't take a Mego sized head. I'm hoping that he and Dave can come up with a new neck adaptor that will.

Hopefully, when Doc's new female teen body comes out, we can all switch to those.

I got a pair of the teen girl boots, though, and they are made of a nice, soft rubber material, and go onto the leg very easily.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• melkorjunior
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 20, 2014

I won't be collecting Wonder Girl, but in the case of '66 Catwoman and '66 Batgirl--assuming I like the headsculpts and decide to pick them up--I'll switch them to Doc Mego female bodies I guess. To tell the truth I don't like the look of any of the current Mego-style female bodies out there and am hoping someone comes out with a new one that actually has at least a semi-realistic build, rather than the toothpick arms and legs female Megos have now.

If I don't like FTC's Catwoman and Batgirl though, I can always wait for Hot Toys to make theirs.

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

i bought two sets of titans ,and their on the way ,if wondergirls body is a problem ,i wont buy the bodies as i was planning to do with
                        all four heads .if it turns out the figure is done ,ill get them for sure.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          ^ But what one will you switch to in this circumstance--WG's teen girl body is unique?
                          I have read somewhere that some BREYER dolls are a good alternative to the wonder girl body...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎