X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Very Grateful

Totally walking on a cloud here in Canada. Quite a change to the complete ball of stress i was before the Meet.

The first time I went to Mego Meet I lied to the customs agent and said I was just going to visit a friend. Now, that's no lie except it's plural.

I was really elated to see everybody this year, it's funny how you kind of miss the presence of Paul Clare in the Mego suite or Derek repairing figures or Art's giant wall of customs but you do, so it was nice to see those folks again.

It was terrific to see Scott's and his mad play sets again.

Tremendous to see Berto, Tom, Corey, John, Lee, Scott(s), Austin, Chris H, Ben (sorry it took me a minute), Wise, the Pyatts, Rob, Chuck, Bryan, Brue, Anthony, Dr Mego, David Lee, Brian L, Chad and Sean, Team Laser Mego, Dave and Howard, Ray and Collette, Lee, Trappy, Bill, Doug, Dan, I'm sure I'm forgetting more people than my brain can allow.

Also really nice to finally meet Johnny, Scott Brown and clan and all the other wonderful new faces.

I got gifted a rack toy this show, it was so thoughtful I was overwhelmed.

Special thanks to Steve Moore and Scott Pierce for all their hard work, thanks to everyone who contributed to the customs auction this year, thanks to Nate for creating such a dynamite shirt. My car mates Ed and Martin, who made that voyage tolerable. Not to mention the folks at the Big Toy Auction for giving that certain something to the customs auction.

The happy energy in that room was incredible, hard to duplicate and it had a big impact on me.

My only regret is, I didn't get to spend enough with any of you. I couldn't believe when I was sitting in the Buffalo brew pub that it was all over again.

I'm putting $20 in an envelope every week until the next Meet.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

It was an amazing MMX, See you at next year MMXI. I always enjoy hanging and Geeking out and talking to you Brian

Comment

• Flynne
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 22, 2003

Great to see you again, sir. As always, though, the time was much too short. Let's do it again in 358 days
      Last edited by Flynne; Jun 11, '14, 2:27 PM.
      An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

A great time as usual. Simply a pleasure seeing everyone.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

Great to see you Brian. I'm still chuckling about the whole facebook asking to tag a picture of Shazam as me. Glad I could take a Satin Monster home with me after drooling over it last year.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

It's not like I don't have a billion thanks I owe you for any number of things on a weekly basis, but the biggest for me is that you've been chauffeuring me to the Meet now for like, close to a half decade now, and tolerating all my road trip quirks and idiosyncrasies.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Johnny
              Salty
              • Oct 1, 2003

It was really great to meet you finally Brian. You are as charming and witty in person as I have found you to be all these years on the forum. As I mentioned in another thread you had me laughing to the point of tears in the Mego Suite the first night reminiscing about some of the more colourful moments and people on the forum over the years. A real pleasure sir and thanks for all you do for the hobby.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

Brian, it was great seeing you again as well. I wish I had spent more time in the Mego Suite. Time goes way to fast!

Comment

• trekman101
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2009

I feel the same............my stress level is way low after the meet.....I'm so glad this years meet exceeded our expectations...as always, a pleasure to see you Brian as well as every one else
                  "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• megoman2009
                    • May 23, 2014

Brian, I was great to meet you and so many others. Thanks for letting me set out the Mxyzptlks! Just a phenomenal group of people.. makes me sad I haven't been active on the forum in the past. BTW, there is an auction of really nice Pallitoy stuff- all carded- apes, robin with the pallitoy card, etc. on AuctionZip. Looks to be out of BC it's on June 25th. Too rich for my blood after the Wayne Foundation, but thought I'd pass it on. I have no idea what anyone might be looking for and suspect most would use such a search engine when they were. Have a great day.

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Totally walking on a cloud here in Canada. Quite a change to the complete ball of stress i was before the Meet.

The first time I went to Mego Meet I lied to the customs agent and said I was just going to visit a friend. Now, that's no lie except it's plural.

I was really elated to see everybody this year, it's funny how you kind of miss the presence of Paul Clare in the Mego suite or Derek repairing figures or Art's giant wall of customs but you do, so it was nice to see those folks again.

It was terrific to see Scott's and his mad play sets again.

Tremendous to see Berto, Tom, Corey, John, Lee, Scott(s), Austin, Chris H, Ben (sorry it took me a minute), Wise, the Pyatts, Rob, Chuck, Bryan, Brue, Anthony, Dr Mego, David Lee, Brian L, Chad and Sean, Team Laser Mego, Dave and Howard, Ray and Collette, Lee, Trappy, Bill, Doug, Dan, I'm sure I'm forgetting more people than my brain can allow.

Also really nice to finally meet Johnny, Scott Brown and clan and all the other wonderful new faces.

I got gifted a rack toy this show, it was so thoughtful I was overwhelmed.

Special thanks to Steve Moore and Scott Pierce for all their hard work, thanks to everyone who contributed to the customs auction this year, thanks to Nate for creating such a dynamite shirt. My car mates Ed and Martin, who made that voyage tolerable. Not to mention the folks at the Big Toy Auction for giving that certain something to the customs auction.

The happy energy in that room was incredible, hard to duplicate and it had a big impact on me.

My only regret is, I didn't get to spend enough with any of you. I couldn't believe when I was sitting in the Buffalo brew pub that it was all over again.

I'm putting $20 in an envelope every week until the next Meet.

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

Brian... you're a powerful and attractive man. It's always good to see you in Wheeling even if it's just for a short time.
                      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• batmanmc
                        mego batman collector
                        • Jun 22, 2004

Nice seeing you brian. Always a pleasure. Mike

Comment

• LadyCommand
                          • Jun 13, 2009

Great to see you as well. Each year I am amazed and grateful how much you all accomplish to make the meet happen. Thank you.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

Always good to see you my friend.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎