X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

MMX was the best!

On the road heading home, stopped to eat but I just had to get on here and shout out mad props to EMCE hammer for leading the charge, and random axe for being his number one...and anyone else behind the scene.
    This year had no drama and everyone seemed to have the best time of their lives.
    Missed some of our beloved regulars, but they were there because we all kept vocalizing how we missed the .
    More to say later, but wow what an awesome year!
  • HumanWolfman
    Type3Toys Has Transformed
    • Oct 5, 2011

It really was a good time, wasn't it?. I really had a blast too. Thanks to everyone involved!
    View My Customs
    www.type3toys.com
    or check here
    http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

It was my second meet & it was fantastic! Beautifully organized, great contests, amazing customs (kids, too). Everyone was in a great mood, meet some old friends and new, and got some great Mego advice as well.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

Steve did a lot of prep work way ahead this year and Brian did an awesome job of promoting this on facebook, which is a tool and resource not used before. They made this weekend fantastic and I gotta agree with the above sentiments that this was the best one by far. That was the goal going into it and I think it was reached. I'm mentally fatigued at this point but the body is more than willing to go a few more days of Mego madness. I also came home with some custom parts and lots of heads. This time last year I hit a HUGE wall and was totally burned out of the hobby, but everything has changed. I'm pumped to start putting out more customs and really enjoying the labor and aristry involved. It's been 12 months since I've been able to say that.

I'll prolly have more thoughts in the next day or two, but I cannot thank everyone enough for just being freakin cool dudes. I never thought, at any point in my life, I'd have as many friends as I do now. I'm humbled and grateful.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Home. Exhausted and elated.

You guys are the best! What a great blow out.

Can't wait to see you all again next year.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

This year was off the charts! Will also have more to say later, so great to see old friends, including many who missed last year and meet some new people. I'm glad I have tomorrow off because I don't think I could handle going back to "the grind", the normal bs, etc so soon after this awesome event. Still have to sort through the photos I took. Thanks to Steve, Brian, and Scott P. for everything they did to make this one of of the best Meets I've attended out of the seven I've been too. Again, I'll have a longer form post, but thanks to all who attended and everyone I talked too. I spend much of the year feeling excluded/annoyed in day to day life because for most part, people aren't interested in my hobbies (unless a comic book movie comes out of course). Spending a few days with this groups makes it all worth it and makes me realize it's them not me. We spend thew few days talking toys and geekiness for sure but other things come up and we all listen and CARE because that's what friends do.

Comment

• HumanWolfman
              • Oct 5, 2011

I woke up around 3:30 am today and decided I would get ready to head home. So, I take out one container to my truck. I run into Hulk, Mego Milk and a few other guys talking just outside the lobby. When I come in, the guy at the front desk asks me if he can lock up the meeting room. I said, "you mean those guys have been up all night?". He say's "yup".
              View My Customs
              www.type3toys.com
              or check here

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

I really enjoyed it.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                  Made in the USA
                  • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by HumanWolfman
                  I woke up around 3:30 am today and decided I would get ready to head home. So, I take out one container to my truck. I run into Hulk, Mego Milk and a few other guys talking just outside the lobby. When I come in, the guy at the front desk asks me if he can lock up the meeting room. I said, "you mean those guys have been up all night?". He say's "yup".
                  We must have just missed you John

P.S. Just got to Berto's House and am about to pass out for a few before the 2 hr drive home...UGH!!!
                  Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                    • Oct 5, 2011

I was home by 11:00am. I was checked out by 5am. Sorry I missed you guys. Guess I will see you next year!
                    View My Customs
                    www.type3toys.com
                    or check here

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Another fantastic yet too quick time. Mike stated it eloquently, the best group of friends there is. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to catch up with everone I want to. Miss you guys already. Seriously thinking we need to extend it. My daughters graduation made Wednesday impossible, but for sure next year. Already counting the days to MM-XXI
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                        Permanent Member
                        • Mar 7, 2011

Ditto to all the Sentiments... Best in my 4 short years... And Scott Ax Pirce is right; the power of Social Networking and because of that there were so many more people I was able to put faces to and they to me... Soooo look forward to this event again next year!!! More to follow.

Comment

• ubermanx
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 3, 2013

I had a great time at my first Mego Meet. Many thanks to all of you for being so welcoming to the NFG.

- Marty

Comment

• Saroyan
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 4, 2011

It was a good time! Glad I finally made it to one.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

So much fun so little time.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎