X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Bittersweet Trip for a different reason this year

On June 6TH of last year just before we hopped in the car and headed off I had posted A Thread of how the Trip to Wheeling for Mego Meet 9 was a bitter sweet trip for the Fiore's.
    May 30 has been 1 year since Dads passing... where does the time go... The trip was a great release for all of us with the goings on leading up to the event and we were all greatful for that.

This years trip is Bittersweet again... NO... no tragedies this year thankfully, Just A temporary absence of My Brother Scott (Steel Shield) who shares the Hobby with me and the reason why I started collecting WGSH again, Will be going to his Sister in Laws Nuptuials... The nerve of her lol

4 years ago we went thru something together, We Eventually got to the same place but my path was just a little longer and it wound up taking Unknown Twists and Turns along the way... All thru out Scott was there Litterally to Pick me up and Wheel me around.

4 years ago I was just starting to get back on my feet... Slowly very slowly... Scott pushed me, Cmon lets go it will be good to get out and away, I was Petrified I could barely make it up the stairs to the house without stopping to sit but reluctantly I submitted... Some of you who were there may even recall, I WAS THE LARGE ONE stealing chairs to sit as we walked around the tables because I still did not have the stamina to go long durations of physical endurance.... I was absent from that years photo because when Noon had rolled around I was too tired to go out and stand for the photo. We made it thru most of the Event, and if I recall we left at 2-3 PM that year.
    The next year we came back and now we were building a tradition, we added the addition of my Now newly Wed Wife (OF 1 WHOLE MONTH LOL) and Our daughter.
    and last year we muddled thru the 4 of us heavy hearts and new Memories and a few goodies lol.

Superman is His Favorite Superhero Always has been Always will be and Scott Well he is my Superman... He will be sorely missed just for the Laughs he brings us and the share of 6 plus hours driving each way... but not completely for he has given me his LIST with no cash as it has been for 3 of the 4 years LOL and we will keep him updated with Photos and Video.

See you when we get back Big Guy!!! and see you all tomorrow!!!

1 DAYAND COUNTING!!!
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Just saw this thread, Kev. It was terrific to see you and the family again. I hope the trip back was peaceful and the loot of stuff this weekend was plentiful.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

And us you my friend... And I think Dominique would talk your ear off all weekend if she could lol and I saw someone beat me to your Green lantern and before I left Link had up and grabbed your Aquaman... The trip home was harrowing to say the least.. The THYPHOON we hit in PA really put us back a few hours but we are home safe and sound.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
        And us you my friend... And I think Dominique would talk your ear off all weekend if she could lol and I saw someone beat me to your Green lantern and before I left Link had up and grabbed your Aquaman... The trip home was harrowing to say the least.. The THYPHOON we hit in PA really put us back a few hours but we are home safe and sound.

Glad you are safe Mego Bronx

Good News

We just got home from the beach ....was wearing my MM 2014 tee shirt all day.
        Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
        :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
        I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎